Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » New jug pets
New jug pets
 Carbuncle.Kyawind
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: kyahaha
By Carbuncle.Kyawind 2014-02-09 09:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Very stupid question but what's the pet people use nowadays and is mythic for any updates yet? Been busy with my life moving around and stuff haven't been catching up much with the game, coming back in about two weeks time full time again

Much help would be appreciated with the info thx

Kyawind
Carbuncle

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Attaxia
Server: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2014-02-09 10:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Biggest consideration when selecting a pet is that you can cap it's level at/near the iLvl of your main hand Axe. Other than that choose one that will suit the situation/event. My personal favourate is DroopyDortwin atm, since he's very strong offensively and can AoE for decent amounts of damage.

You can take Aymur all the way to iLevel 119 and it's better than ever before since SE have increased pet ability damage.
By Heimdel 2014-02-09 12:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The boar is popular and falco still is used for farming a lot. Both the mandy and the pink bird (not coli) are decent. With the dmg increase they gave the pets you can really see a big difference. Also the new bst 1 hour is awesome. It gives your pet 300tp and lets you spam tp moves without using tp or charges. Of course the 300tp is so the moves are at max potency.
 Asura.Felgarr
Server: Asura
user: Felgarr
By Asura.Felgarr 2014-02-09 12:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I've made the following post on SE official forums. Please take a look and like the post. I think everyone will benefit from a small change like this, once and for all.

Thank you SE! 10-year Beastmaster Veteran here. 1 request.

Edit: Fixed URL.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyawind
By Carbuncle.Kyawind 2014-02-09 17:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet as yea been away a few months so I missed out a lot however the aynur update is nice though hehe
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-02-09 18:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Felgarr said: »
I've made the following post on SE official forums. Please take a look and like the post. I think everyone will benefit from a small change like this, once and for all.

They're already in the process of implementing this.

With regards to the community's level cap testing, it's fair enough to be dubious - though it's actually an incredibly simple (but time consuming) process so any BST can check for themselves. We had correctly identified the SoA jug pet caps long before that Dev post, for example. :D

But for people who don't keep up with that info, it'll be great to have on-screen level caps, straight from the developers. Should've been there from day 1.
 Asura.Felgarr
Server: Asura
user: Felgarr
By Asura.Felgarr 2014-02-09 18:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Asura.Felgarr said: »

They're already in the process of implementing this.

With regards to the community's level cap testing, it's fair enough to be dubious - though it's actually an incredibly simple (but time consuming) process so any BST can check for themselves. We had correctly identified the SoA jug pet caps long before that Dev post, for example. :D

But for people who don't keep up with that info, it'll be great to have on-screen level caps, straight from the developers. Should've been there from day 1.

Thank you for sharing this! My hope is that we get the levels for all jug pets, even on the item help-text. I would love to know what level every pet is, so I save the most expensive pets for situations that warrant it. I'm trying to be more efficient my pets.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyawind
By Carbuncle.Kyawind 2014-02-09 21:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

We all want be efficient that's why we chose BSt rawr!!!!!!!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Juromaru
Server: Sylph
user: Juromaru
By Sylph.Juromaru 2014-03-22 09:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So this seems like an obvious question, but I see that someone has put Ibuki's job as thf on the Wiki. Has anyone tested him for Gilfinder as an indication that he has treasure hunter? I've looked around and haven't seen anyone ask or make reference to having a falcorr replacement. Only info out there on him is he seems to have good evasion.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-03-22 16:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like somebody just assumed it was a THF because of its decent evasion (for comparison though, Falcorr has ~72 more evasion than Ibuki). Other people have reported it to be a WAR pet as well, and I've only ever seen it double attack, personally.
 Ramuh.Krazyy
Server: Ramuh
user: Krazyy
By Ramuh.Krazyy 2014-03-26 21:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere.. but is there a list of jug pets and there levels?

I know this is probably easy now with the /checkparam command, but I am too lazy to go buy all the jugs and test it.

I have a lvl 117 axe
5/5 BA merits
no gloves.

So far the strongest pet for me has been Lucky Lulush as far as I can tell.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-03-27 05:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean like this?

With your specifications, LuckyLulush and all those other 99 cap pets are level 109.
DroopyDortwin is 113,
SunburstMalfik is 114,
ScissorlegXerin is 115,
AttentiveIbuki, HeraldHenry, CaringKiyomaro, BraveHeroGlenn, and SharpwitHermes are all level 117.

If you're able to get the augmented Monster Gloves +2/Ankusa Gloves it would turn your LuckyLulush, for example, from this:
Lvl 109: Acc 645 Atk 678 Eva 558 Def 655
to this:
Lvl 114: Acc 725 Atk 766 Eva 631 Def 744

If you're looking for more stat comparisons, there's info here, here, and here.
[+]
 Shiva.Siral
Server: Shiva
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2014-03-27 05:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Also without gloves your pet can spawn 0~2 levels below what they normally would be which would cause varying results regardless of main hand/beast affinity merits.
 Bahamut.Scizor
Server: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2014-03-27 08:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you need to keep Ankusa Gloves equipped for the level effect to be present or can you switch them out as needed?
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-27 08:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Scizor said: »
Do you need to keep Ankusa Gloves equipped for the level effect to be present or can you switch them out as needed?

You don't need to keep them equipped after you summon them. The only time I do is if I'm currently using a -PDT build for my pet on certain NM's and/or BC's.
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2014-04-07 08:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Monster Gloves +2
You mean like this?

With your specifications, LuckyLulush and all those other 99 cap pets are level 109.
DroopyDortwin is 113,
SunburstMalfik is 114,
ScissorlegXerin is 115,
AttentiveIbuki, HeraldHenry, CaringKiyomaro, BraveHeroGlenn, and SharpwitHermes are all level 117.

If you're able to get the augmented Monster Gloves +2/Ankusa Gloves it would turn your LuckyLulush, for example, from this:
Lvl 109: Acc 645 Atk 678 Eva 558 Def 655
to this:
Lvl 114: Acc 725 Atk 766 Eva 631 Def 744

If you're looking for more stat comparisons, there's info here, here, and here.

Just what I thought thanks lol
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-04-07 09:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone tell me what's the top 3 pet to use for I level 119? Too much stats and info. Getting dizzy.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-07 09:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Can someone tell me what's the top 3 pet to use for I level 119? Too much stats and info. Getting dizzy.

I use Ibuki and Kiyomaro just about exclusively.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-04-07 10:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks I'll use kiyo too. Good price for him. The bird is too expensive
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-07 10:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Thanks I'll use kiyo too. Good price for him. The bird is too expensive

Ibuki definitely ranks at the top on cost-per-jug; however, in most cases, you're getting what you pay for. As you can see from many end-game BST AA, Delve, etc. experiences, they're using Ibuki to meet their needs.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-04-07 10:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Even though DroopyDortwin caps at iLvl 118, Foot Kick/Whirl Claws spam with Unleash is epic. :)

LuckyLulush can pull off the same thing for much cheaper, too (and only has 40 less accuracy).
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-07 10:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Even though DroopyDortwin caps at iLvl 118, Foot Kick/Whirl Claws spam with Unleash is epic. :)

LuckyLulush can pull of the same thing for much cheaper, too (and only has 40 less accuracy).

I've not really used Droopy before. I'll have to give it a go! :o
By kenshynofshiva 2014-04-07 10:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

He also double attacks like a beast and can even cure pretty cool pet... Biggest issue is getting Verboshroom ugh....

Also Ibuki gets Slashing damage taken -50%
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-04-07 11:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Attaxia had a post on here showing Dortwin's Foot Kick against a Salvage II NM... It was pretty pimp, iirc.

There it is. :D
 Sylph.Juromaru
Server: Sylph
user: Juromaru
By Sylph.Juromaru 2014-04-08 15:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone done any testing on the new pets for elemental resistances? I haven't, and I guess we haven't had much of a reason to suspect they might have any. Possibly Ibuki may have wind resistance? Might go try against Ceizak T1. Just bored as hell really lol.

Edit: T2 whoops.

Edit2: Does not appear to have wind resistance, but possibly wind magic damage taken -?. Over 6 fights, the level difference netted him a few resists(around 200 damage taken), but he consistently took exactly 1/2 what I did. I let us both get hit by Aeroga 4 on purpose with trusts healing me, I always took ~817, he always took ~409 except a few ~205s. Not too sure what to make of it. Aeroga 5 always did ~1156 to me and ~629 to him, never saw a resist on 5. no damage taken gear used.