4 ideas
First Page 2
 Asura.Kuji
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kuji88
By Asura.Kuji 2009-07-08 04:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Adopt Windower Plugins: Some of the plugins are very useful things that are not really cheating I.E. EXP watch/Party TP(?)/recast/ect

Screen Menu Cutomization: Yes I know you can change the backing. Let the use move them to different spots on the screen. I know alot of people who would like their TP bar on the bottom or their PT menu on the other side ect

Voice Activation: Far fetched cuz of all the languages and personal pronunciation i.e. "Dynamis" some say DIE-namis some say Dy-na-mis. Hard to implement but i think it could be a very cool SELLING POINT for the game. You say "stoneskin" and it casts it- how cool is that. There could be a bank of words that the player has to record him/herself saying and boom FIXED! Win.

In Game Mic: Im game microphone communication.

SOMEONE MAKE SURE SE SEES THIS! i think they are nice ideas dont you?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-08 04:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't approve of recast... or alot of the plugins actually. And yes I use windower. I only really like tp now because no matter how much I yell out how much tp I have people will still try to interupt my self skillchains or go on there own when were trying to skillchain so this lets me time things against stupid people... but frankly it lets them do the same to screw me over and over again...
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-07-08 04:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Kuji said:

Adopt Windower Plugins: Some of the plugins are very useful things that are not really cheating I.E. EXP watch/Party TP(?)/recast/etc

Nothing taxing about this, the game calculates all these things (distance, recast etc), why does it need to be hidden from the player? So got my vote here.

I can't think of a game where there isn't some kind of indication of how long until abilities/spells/whatever are ready to use. It doesn't have to be as obvious as the recast plugin, but a bar that fills over time (spy cloak from TF2) to give a rough indication of the time left.

Most of the windower plugins 'look' more of a cheat than they are as they look so forced. The don't fit within the game naturally, building them in from the start would avoid this

Kuji said:

Screen Menu Cutomization: Yes I know you can change the backing. Let the use move them to different spots on the screen. I know alot of people who would like their TP bar on the bottom or their PT menu on the other side etc

This is probably going to happen in FFXIV too, as this is manly a "console limitation". (I know the mighty PS3 could handle this, but that will be SE's excuse)

Kuji said:

Voice Activation: Far fetched cuz of all the languages and personal pronunciation i.e. "Dynamis" some say DIE-namis some say Dy-na-mis. Hard to implement but i think it could be a very cool SELLING POINT for the game. You say "stoneskin" and it casts it- how cool is that. There could be a bank of words that the player has to record him/herself saying and boom FIXED! Win.

Interesting concept, but sounds like a nightmare when you combine it with the next point. You are trying to detail the plan for an event over the mic system and in the background you have people shouting "Stoneskin", "Refresh me" and "Cure 4 Current target" in the unnatural forced voice people us when trying to use voice activation.

Kuji said:

Yes please. Consoles now have mics, so this should be 'simple' and 'fair'.
[+]
 Asura.Shua
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2009-07-08 05:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

in before windowernutpunch.

Windower, isnt exactly unfair.
If I remember correctly:

360 Has:::
Achievements for just about everything you do.
Free vent (not to mention built into the controller)
-Not to mention the ability to communicate with any of your XBL friends whether their playing FFXI or not, at any forsaken time.
Backdrop music player.

PC Has:::
Windower
Needless to say SE does have a "lolwindower". But for anyone who has ever used it... It comes with alot of lag, when you try to switch from window to window. And its still not as great as people make it out to be.

Ps2 / Ps3 Has:::
Lag.

Amirite?

Randomness, but I hate people who think changing .dats of char appearance is cheating.
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Server: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-07-08 13:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shua said:

Lag.

PS2 onry player here and honestly I can count the number of times I've d/c'ed on 2 hands playing since na ps2 release. Never d/c'ed during a besieged, never really experienced play interrupting lag either. Only issues I had was during the whole whitegate npc freeze catastrophe which from what I heard was widespread and not ps2 exclusive.

In short, apart from fail screen ratio and no access to 3rd pt plugins ps2=win for me.
[+]
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-08 13:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shua said:
Needless to say SE does have a "lolwindower". But for anyone who has ever used it... It comes with alot of lag, when you try to switch from window to window. And its still not as great as people make it out to be.

I still to this day don't understand the bitching about lag with the official windower. Every single person I know that plays with the windowed mode on a PC has never had a problem with lag whatsoever strictly because of it.

Seriously, what are you guys playing on, P3 800 Mhz machines or something? My 1.6 GhZ Athalon XP, with 512 MB of RAM, handled windowed mode just fine... >.>
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-08 13:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lag {no,thanks}

Hearing idiots speak in different languages {no, thanks}
 Fairy.Winterlight
By Fairy.Winterlight 2009-07-08 13:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Jimmyjazz said:

PS2 onry player here...

OMG! That's gotta be...mixed!

I agree that I like the crash-free nature of the PS2. I don't like the 640x480 resolution though. The menus and the macro palettes look HUGE! I can't see stuff when I kite around...

I wish wireless keyboard and mice work with the PS2 though, it's very picky.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-08 13:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiroi said:
Kungfuhustle said:
Hearing idiots speak in different languages {no, thanks}

And those people could also say you are an idiot for speaking in a different language?

sure why not, I just said it first
 Asura.Kuji
user: Kuji88
By Asura.Kuji 2009-07-08 15:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

well as far as the voice activation and in game mic you wouldnt hear someone shouting STONESKIN!!. itd be something like hold alt to talk in game mic and hold shift (or whatever u want-customizable?) to tell your toon comands
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-08 15:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

we already have enough lag with too many people in one particular zone. Now you wanna be trapped in lag with too many people AND being able to hear them?!
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-08 16:18:21
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Shua said:
in before windowernutpunch.

Windower, isnt exactly unfair.
If I remember correctly:

360 Has:::
Achievements for just about everything you do.
Free vent (not to mention built into the controller)
-Not to mention the ability to communicate with any of your XBL friends whether their playing FFXI or not, at any forsaken time.
Backdrop music player.

PC Has:::
Windower

Lag.

Doesn't PC have....Vent! 360 can only handle 6 ppl per chat channel instead of 10 the vent gives free. I'm not poking, but there's a lot each system has/doesn't have that the other do. Using windower would give me a stroke cause I can't keep tabs on all those numbers and plugins. The "lolwindower" SE has does it for me with no problems besides the wait for my gamepad to start working again.

I for one wouldn't like the open mic after dealing with years of preteen boys on Halo.
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-08 16:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilbusta said:
I for one wouldn't like the open mic after dealing with years of preteen boys on Halo.

Oh lawd....
Yea NO open mic. On any game. Ever.
 Asura.Shua
By Asura.Shua 2009-07-08 16:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilbusta said:

Doesn't PC have....Vent!

XBL Vent = Free. And great quality.
Have you ever used a free vent?
That ***is crappy as hell, and you have to worry about spammers comming and and doing stupid ***.

Yes I understand your point, im just nit-picking cause I know alot of people that think windower is satan's machine of doom.
Just cause they dont play on PC.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-08 16:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course, there'd have to be ways to turn it off (the mic and chat channels, I mean)

I wouldn't wanna hear people babbling up a storm in my headset either...

Shua said:
Have you ever used a free vent?
That ***is crappy as hell, and you have to worry about spammers comming and and doing stupid ***.

You musta been on some ***servers. I had my own free vent server for years, never had any issues with that. It was password protected and ran on my file server/media center. Worked fine, outside of when my brother would get on XBL and start downloading demo's and ***...
 Ifrit.Daemun
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2009-07-08 16:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Kuji said:

How about a /join voice chat command, and a voice chat tab under the player chat menu. Wouldn't be so hard, then you could talk to people in party/ally/tell via channels the same way they filter typed chat.
 Asura.Shua
By Asura.Shua 2009-07-08 16:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that i think about it.
Open mic would stop one thing.
Male players that are playing female chars trying to scam interweb guys for teh gils and items.

lol

was just a thought '-'b
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-08 16:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shua said:
Male players that are playing female chars trying to scam interweb guys for teh gils and items.

You mean 90% of mithra?

I play a chick char, but I'm open about the fact that I'm a dude. I don't want anybody's gil or gearz, I just wanted to play a sexy chick that kicks *** ^^
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-08 16:33:11

I used vent during my *cough* *cough* WoW days and it worked well for me. Could just join Verizon and hope your friends are friends with other people in FF ;P.

XBL is limited to only people on your FL and you don't have 100 friends. Really I don't like talking unless I really have to. I really don't see how people can complain about Windower since they have the same status bars and timers.

If people are going to complain about something like that then why not start with the Van'Diel(sp) clocks. Doesn't that give some an advantage over nothing like Windower?

I play both PC and Xbox versions and don't see any advantage besides graphics.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-08 16:37:51

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

You mean 90% of mithra?

I play a chick char, but I'm open about the fact that I'm a dude. I don't want anybody's gil or gearz, I just wanted to play a sexy chick that kicks *** ^^

Lol...you know being a male playing a female char is understandable. I'd rather stare at a semi-nekkid mithra running around than some male char. At least my wife would feel safe about my sexual orientation ;P
 Asura.Shua
By Asura.Shua 2009-07-08 16:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Shua said:

You mean 90% of mithra?

Completely and 100% understandable.
And yes i was speaking of the 90% of the mithra population.
 Asura.Shua
By Asura.Shua 2009-07-08 16:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilbusta said:

Lol not even going to touch this one.
Anyone else wanna do it?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-08 16:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, plus, I wanted to play an Elvaan. Who wants to stare at a male elvaan for years? God they look HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE... >.<
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-08 16:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilbusta said:

Have you done the registry edits for the PC version? The game looks awesome if you configure it right...
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-08 16:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Yeah, plus, I wanted to play an Elvaan. Who wants to stare at a male elvaan for years? God they look HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE... >.<

female elvaan.... if i were to be placed in the game for a day I sure as hell would get like 8 of em pregnant. Screw mithras.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-08 16:48:48

Shua said:
Lilbusta said:

Anyone else wanna do it?

Oh just please touch it! Really overall what is the complete point of the game? Kill mobs, get drops, sell stuff to make money, level jobs and of course, watch the cutscenes! Really if it's a keyboard or gamepad/controller, isn't the end product just kill stuff and make money?

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

Have you done the registry edits for the PC version? The game looks awesome if you configure it right...

No and nor will I. I'm not fond of tweaking something that works just fine for me.
 Asura.Shua
By Asura.Shua 2009-07-08 16:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilbusta said:
Shua said:
Lilbusta said:

Anyone else wanna do it?

Oh just please touch it! Really overall what is the complete point of the game? Kill mobs, get drops, sell stuff to make money, level jobs and of course, watch the cutscenes! Really if it's a keyboard or gamepad/controller, isn't the end product just kill stuff and make money?

Sometimes we like to have fun ._. and make friends :D? ._.
 Asura.Sharpe
user: Takezaki
By Asura.Sharpe 2009-07-08 17:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Lilbusta said:

Aye, looks far better than the 360 version, the 360 version looks awful compared to a regedited PC version.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-08 17:02:12

Friends cost too much gil :D

Fun? FF is serious business! People die while we have fun! We must keep the enemy at bay only to keep hope alive for our young!
 Asura.Shua
By Asura.Shua 2009-07-08 17:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilbusta said:
Friends cost too much gil :D

Sad... but quiet true.. D:
First Page 2