Friendly Reminder When Looking For RDMs....

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Friendly reminder when looking for RDMs....
Friendly reminder when looking for RDMs....
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Voevode
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: voevode
By Bahamut.Voevode 2013-07-02 20:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

There seems to be a bit of confusion when it comes to magic accuracy and enfeebling skill when people are looking for RDMs in shouts (for delve bosses mainly).

I.E. /yell Tojil <Do you need it?> RDM 525+ Enfeebling skill <Can I have it?>

It's understandable to want to have a quantifiable means of 'screening' your responses, however, you are limiting the amount of achievable magic accuracy in a set while trying to meet this criteria.

Gear set examples!

ItemSet 306637

527 Enfeebling skill (base 424+16 merit+97 gear)
+38 MND
+52 Magic Accuracy

Which adds up to: 168(~187 if dmnd <10 which it likely won't be) Magic Accuracy in gear (for mnd enfeebles). This is the highest magic accuracy set I could come up with while still meeting the requirement of 525 enfeebling skill.

ItemSet 305550

With level 15 Augments:
489 Enfeebling skill (424+16+49)
+64 MND
+112 Magic Accuracy

Which adds up to: 193 (~225) Magic Accuracy in gear. That's 25 more magic accuracy in a set that has 38 less enfeebling skill than what people want.

Anyway, please know what you're looking for. Gear smart and look for players that gear smart, rather than follow a number that is "required" to them.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight
Server: Carbuncle
user: Ideki
By Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight 2013-07-02 20:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats a very nice post, thx you.
[+]
 Asura.Ivykyori
Server: Asura
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2013-07-02 20:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm taking it that you were on Asura recently...

If not, then you should know that someone was looking for rdm's with 550+ enfeebling. Several people did math and it's possible to get 538, not taking into account magic accuracy.

But people are cray-cray anyways, hubby got denied at 497 enfeebling. No point in having all that skill if you can't land it. *shrug*
 Asura.Voevode
By Asura.Voevode 2013-07-02 20:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep I am now on Asura, you definitely understand what I am posting about!

Edit: And it looks like 542 is the max obtainable o.o going to keep looking to see if there's more just for knowledge's sake.

ItemSet 306658

Edit: Iaso Bliaut brings it to 548! Almost there!
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-07-03 09:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah your last post has the max enfeebling that you can get. http://myffxigear.kicks-***.org/pimpedout.php is really nice for figuring that out. Also don't feel bad about missing those runs as they were some of the worst delve runs I've seen so far!
 Ragnarok.Ecaroh
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ecaroh
By Ragnarok.Ecaroh 2013-07-03 09:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So once again elite players pull some numbers out of the air to fit a cookie cut method of defeating NMs. Like SCH for NNI and now Delve only. OMG

One more reason my entire LS QUIT FFXI last night and Im alone fishing FTH of it with nothing better to do in my evenings.

Yes Ragnorok lost about 10-12 accounts last night.

TY SE
AND TY to our elite player base.
Just remember it gets harder and harder to fill those PUGs as people quit.

Enjoy
:(
Eca
[+]
 Asura.Ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2013-07-03 09:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So 548 max not including any magic accuracy gear, which will leave you with ZERO wiggle room, because you effectively only have 3 slots to fit in with magic accuracy.

Since I'm completely challenged in making an item set, I can't show it, but there's the magian staves (depending on the element--also -8 inventory space), Lycopodium Earring (+1), Aureole (+8 and can't equip ammo), and Balrahn's ring (+4).

Not including the staff, that's +13 magic accuracy more that you can put on that item set, making your total +33 magic accuracy. And I reiterate: no point in stacking all that enfeebling when you can't land.
[+]
 Bahamut.Eclipstic
user: eclipstic
By Bahamut.Eclipstic 2013-07-03 10:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm a little confused by your comments regarding skill/magic acc, ivy. i was always under the impression that higher skill meant higher acc for enfeebles and magic accuracy was icing on the cake. obviously, the higher combined total, the better
 Asura.Chexmix
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2013-07-03 10:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ecaroh said: »
So once again elite players pull some numbers out of the air to fit a cookie cut method of defeating NMs. Like SCH for NNI and now Delve only. OMG

One more reason my entire LS QUIT FFXI last night and Im alone fishing FTH of it with nothing better to do in my evenings.

TY SE

Enjoy
Eca

Fill a shout with just anyone without screening them and let us know how it works out then, or innovate a new strategy.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cledant
Server: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-07-03 10:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

TY SE

Enjoy
Eca
It's funny, because it seems the OP doesn't have most of the items mentioned on the sets, but he use omega ring lol. Legion is a very dead content right now, this thread is useless but foolish posts trying to look elitist
 Bahamut.Zangada
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2013-07-03 10:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chexmix said: »

TY SE

Enjoy
Eca

Fill a shout with just anyone without screening them and let us know how it works out then, or innovate a new strategy.

Theres a difference between picking anyone and expecting to find ppl with the best gear possible.
 Asura.Ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2013-07-03 11:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind if folks screen people, but be realistic while doing it. And just because someone has 500+ of a skill doesn't mean that they are automatically a good player.

Bahamut.Eclipstic said: »
i'm a little confused by your comments regarding skill/magic acc, ivy. i was always under the impression that higher skill meant higher acc for enfeebles and magic accuracy was icing on the cake. obviously, the higher combined total, the better

That post is the product of me being still half asleep. But higher skill helps with sticking stuff yes, but in the case of Delve nm's (and mobs), a little extra outside accuracy can help.
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2013-07-03 11:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
Yeah your last post has the max enfeebling that you can get. http://myffxigear.kicks-***.org/pimpedout.php is really nice for figuring that out. Also don't feel bad about missing those runs as they were some of the worst delve runs I've seen so far!

Not technically true. Ignoring the fact that whole idea of 550 skill being necessary is nonsense anyway, Kirin's Pole can be augmented with up to 12 Enfeebling Magic skill which brings the posted set to 560 with capped skill and merits.
 Bahamut.Zangada
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2013-07-03 11:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said: »

Not technically true. Ignoring the fact that whole idea of 550 skill being necessary is nonsense anyway, Kirin's Pole can be augmented with up to 12 Enfeebling Magic skill which brings the posted set to 560 with capped skill and merits.

Except that RDM cant use kirin pole
[+]
 Asura.Aerox
By Asura.Aerox 2013-07-03 11:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That 550 enfeeb shout was one of the most ridiculous SoA shouts i've seen to date.... No understanding of a job just "max 1 stat must be best" >_>
[+]
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2013-07-03 12:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada said: »
Asura.Solara said: »

Except that RDM cant use kirin pole

That's actually pretty disappointing, my mule has one and I was hoping to augment it for trolling purposes. :(
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-07-03 12:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

TY SE

Enjoy
Eca

Yeah then you stick it to SE by taking your money to FFXIV!!!! That will show em.
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-07-03 12:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »

TY SE

Enjoy
Eca

Yeah then you stick it to SE by taking your money to FFXIV!!!! That will show em.

Unless he said the 10-12 people are gonna be playing XIV fulltime in a different thread.....

Try harder

I love how quitting XI automatically means you're going to fulltime XIV lol
[+]
By Latifah 2013-07-03 12:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

TY SE

Enjoy
Eca

whatever

and btw Amber is more fab than Regina

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Knivesz
Server: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-07-03 12:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »

TY SE

Enjoy
Eca

Unless he said the 10-12 people are gonna be playing XIV fulltime in a different thread.....

Try harder

I love how quitting XI automatically means you're going to fulltime XIV lol

Yeah was wondering wtf he was talking about as Ecaroh never even mentioned 14 (hell he even admits to still playing since he still fishes). Maybe he did somewhere and just edited/deleted it out. Or maybe its just a conditioned response at this point whenever anyone mentions quitting 11 lol.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Bepe
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2013-07-03 13:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't have more than 1 of each bokwus piece right? Augmenting the bokwus legs and feet (especially the legs) with magic acc instead of MAB seems like such a waste to me. No offense to anyone, but I guess that is just how I see it because my first main was blm :P My SCH nuking set would beat me to a pulp if I went magic acc on that :P That is why I think not using bokwus legs and using portent to mystogag instead is better for my uses. But this is a rdm thread, let me stop derailing it <.<
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-07-03 13:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm secretly hoping that they let you augment them further into pieces with different names at some later point (like the did with ToM) because yeah, my THF is qqing at my rng manibozho legs and I'm quite torn on the bokwus gear too.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-03 14:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as the MACC on bokwus, there are quite a few options for legs but not so much feet. I doubt either piece would lock you out of landing an enfeeble regardless of the rest of your gear if you chose to go the MAB path.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-07-03 14:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm secretly hoping that they let you augment them further into pieces with different names at some later point (like the did with ToM) because yeah, my THF is qqing at my rng manibozho legs and I'm quite torn on the bokwus gear too.

Should have just made a Yoichinoyumi, than you could have done Attack path and been good for both. XD
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-07-03 14:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

T.T my anni is q.qing at you
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-07-03 15:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

STR manibozho legs work fine for coronach. It's what I use.
 Asura.Voevode
By Asura.Voevode 2013-07-03 17:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cledant said: »

TY SE

Enjoy
Eca
It's funny, because it seems the OP doesn't have most of the items mentioned on the sets, but he use omega ring lol. Legion is a very dead content right now, this thread is useless but foolish posts trying to look elitist

I can see how it's ridiculous to know what the ideal set is in order to gear it. Omega Ring is 4.5 macc, being one of the highest macc rings, behind maquette and sangoma. Other than that, Duelist's Chapeau +2 is only 1 less macc than the piece in the above set.

My current rdm set:

ItemSet 306783

I can see how I'm missing 'most' of the pieces.

(Besides the not being to find an aureole or maquette ring, and Umaghrk is stingy :P)

Bahamut.Eclipstic said: »

1 Enfeebling Skill is equal to 1 Magic Accuracy.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-07-04 11:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Have there been any tests to show 1 Skill = 1 Macc, or could it be like Physical Skills where after a certain point its something like 1 Skill = 0.8?
 Asura.Aerox
By Asura.Aerox 2013-07-04 11:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Have there been any tests to show 1 Skill = 1 Macc, or could it be like Physical Skills where after a certain point its something like 1 Skill = 0.8?

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Magic_accuracy

There seems to be some testing in the related links below.
First Page 2