Forum » Windower » Support » Dual Boxing
Dual Boxing
 Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Lebeau
By Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie 2013-06-28 12:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently unable to dual-box on my PC. I run windows 8 (not sure the bit) and use Windower 4. As soon as I start logging in with an alt account it automatically shuts down my main, I barely get further than inputting the alt's password.

I ran a search for this, but didn't really see much of an answer...could have totally missed it though.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2013-06-28 12:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Only 2 things I can think of, you're not mistakenly logging onto the same account instead of the alt? Alternatively, is it possible a User Account Control issue? Is Windows prompting you to confirm to run windower because that itself crashes any FFXI process.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2013-06-28 12:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie said: »
I'm currently unable to dual-box on my PC. I run windows 8 (not sure the bit) and use Windower 4. As soon as I start logging in with an alt account it automatically shuts down my main, I barely get further than inputting the alt's password.

Are you sure you don't mean two characters instead of two accounts? You actually need two different POL accounts (and two full monthly payments) to dual box. Sorry if this isn't it, but what you said strongly suggests that, since logging into the same POL account will always log it out if it's already running, regardless of character.
 Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie
By Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie 2013-06-28 13:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, it is two totally different accounts. No extra window's prompts come up. If I'm running my account and then try to log onto my second account, I just normally open Windower 4, choose the pocket mage account, and then as soon as I put the password in main account crashes and pocket mage is perfectly fine.

I used to successfully do this on my old computer, but have not been able to do it with the Windows 8/Windower 4 combo.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-06-28 17:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Normally when I log in to my main twice on accident, the screen displays a message saying something about "This account has been logged in from another terminal".

However, if it does not say that, it's possible the message prompt for that coming up could be crashing the instance immediately so you wouldn't see it. Though this would indicate dual issues also so you'd need to figure out what else is going on.

Just to entertain us, check your pol entries to make sure they aren't using the same account. If they really aren't then this is very weird. Never heard of a problem logging in on pol and causing a crash of the other game, I've had it crash when the alt's instance goes full screen though.
 Odin.Stormcroww
Server: Odin
By Odin.Stormcroww 2013-06-28 17:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Keys that I have found when logging in on a single computer. Is log your main into the POL. (Not into the game yet) Then Log your alt into POL and go from there. That should work for you.
I have found as of late if I have a char. logged into the game and try to open a new POL log in screen. Crash my already logged in char. every time.
Edit: yes make sure your POL screen is not set to full screen.
 Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie
By Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie 2013-06-28 20:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus Christ, I'm an idiot, wasn't even paying attention to that. It is completely because when POL opens it was going to full screen.

Going to fix that after delve...

Edit: and thanks for the info!