Forum » FFXI » NMs » Divagating Jagil strategy
Divagating Jagil strategy
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-06-25 16:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my last clear and don't see a shout often for it, so was wondering what party setups people have used to defeat this? Heard it's pretty easy.

Thanks.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2013-06-25 16:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're just going for the clear, the uragnite is the easiest of the 3. Stack debuffs, including somebody who can ES impact. Run in and out of range of doom aura (it's like 5 yalms) when it goes into its shell. If you want to be really safe, kill it in the fracture for a full 45 minutes to play with. Painful whip is an apt name for a tp move.
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-06-25 16:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I found the Pugil super easy. Have all DD sub Nin and just melee the crap out of it. Have schs enspell it's element weakness it's currently at for the DD. Have a Rdm to keep it silenced so it stays the element you're using against it. Don't silence it, if it's Dark/Light based... Though you may want to dispel the light based because it can Embrava. Keep shadows up to avoid it hitting like a truck when it lands many melee's.

Edit: He can do Kaustra so beware of that on Dark Element form. He changes elements after casting a few spells. His en spell damage increases every time it lands a melee attack, can go 3-4k.
By sico 2013-06-25 16:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Tryed it with PUG, Np until 20%, where it went crazy with it adittional melee effect. 4.2k dmg a Hit.... Most DD where /sam, I would say /nin is the way to go. As well pull it to biv 2, have all dd Set hp to Adluoin and hp when killed. Also 2-3 BLU can keep terrored, like UL Terror, go dying, hp @ mh in Adlouin, change Job, again bk to BLU and to biv 2. I could do it in like 40 sec. ~ from Terror hp and get back. I heard that rdm CS stun works good as well, but havent Done it.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-06-25 16:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So just set up two dd parties (3 dd brd cor sch) with a party consisting of two BLU, RDM BRD and SCH?
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-06-25 16:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
So just set up two dd parties (3 dd brd cor sch) with a party consisting of two BLU, RDM and??

You don't really need Blus to terror, not really needed. Just have all DD sub nin. Sch to accession Enspell to counter it's element. Rdm keep it silenced so it stays on the element you're using it against. I done this without brds/cor buffs.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-06-25 16:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok i will try it with 3 dd parties for the laugh :)
 Leviathan.Starcade
Server: Leviathan
user: starcade
By Leviathan.Starcade 2013-07-07 20:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

What I found, from my clear, is that the 20 minute time limit is a misnomer.

If it gets to the point where the Added damage one-shots you, you've lost the fight.

There were a few deaths due to a lot of damage going around (the AoE TP was often the worst), but the fight was over quickly, as it probably needs to be.