Forum » Windower » Spellcast Scripting » Other » Spellcast Error
Spellcast Error
 Pandemonium.Zuku
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: zuku24
By Pandemonium.Zuku 2013-06-24 14:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The message i'm receiving is Error Spellcast - files appear to be corrupted. please re-download. i have tried to redownload the file and still the same error. ive deleted the whole spellcast file and redownloaded. Still same result. ive logged out and restarted windower and then downloaded and relogged. same result. i had no issues when i used windower 3.4. this is first ive tried using it with windower4. i only use this for skilling up magic so i dont use it very often. im using windows 7. I did notice that there was not a spellcast folder in the plugins folder so maybe this has not been working the whole time and this is the first that ive noticed this. ive checked lots of forums and havent gotten anywhere. Any advice will be appreciated and thanks in advance
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-06-24 14:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you using the plugins menu from inside the launcher or downloading spellcast from somewhere and tossing it in the new windower4 folder?
 Pandemonium.Zuku
By Pandemonium.Zuku 2013-06-24 14:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i have tried both. i have also tried downloading previous versions from the windower website. the launcher says that its on and ive already downloaded it
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-06-24 14:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is your windower4 folder located?

And inside it can you right click on the hook.dll and tell me the product version number from the details tab of the properties box?
 Pandemonium.Zuku
By Pandemonium.Zuku 2013-06-24 15:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

its is locate in C:>program files(x86)> windower 4. product version is 4.0.0.35
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-06-24 15:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

K cool.

Now when you redownloaded, how'd you do that? Download the windower again? Did you uninstall windower from the add/remove programs first?

When I delete the spellcast.dll file from the plugins folder, and reopen the launcher, it no longer says it's on, but has the icon for downloading again and then I can redownload. Is yours the same? Does doing that help?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zuku
By Pandemonium.Zuku 2013-06-24 15:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

ok that worked. guess i was over thinking the whole problem. i deleted the file then reopened the launcher and downloaded the file through the launcher instead of the website and it loaded pefectly. Thank you for your help!
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-06-24 15:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

^^ glad that worked. If it didn't we'd be getting in to a much more complicated mess.