Alkalurops VS....

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Alkalurops VS....
Alkalurops VS....
 Sylph.Mesheef
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2013-06-23 21:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it used to be good, I just got it and lets face it the +10 INT/MND is enticing but does it beat chat and what about the Trial staves, does direct +6 wind acc really beat +20 acc?

It would be greatly appreciated to hear what is better and why, I am currently sitting on 522 enfeeble so I rarely have enfeeble landing issues to begin with, but as everyone I would like to have the best option there is. However i don't really care to make the staves if not needed. I already have severe invent issues.
 Bahamut.Ascadia
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ascadia
By Bahamut.Ascadia 2013-06-23 22:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Alkalurops yields 25-30 Magic Accuracy depending on dINT and dMND. If either is capped before the bonuses from Alkalurops are applied, it yields 25 total Magic Accuracy. Otherwise, it yields 26-30 depending on dINT/dMND.

Chatoyant Staff has a hidden elemental affinity which adds 30 Magic Accuracy to all spells cast while it's equipped. The extra 5 Mnd and Int would add another 2.5 - 5 Magic Accuracy, once again depending on dINT and dMND.

The Magic Accuracy Magian Staves possess Tier 6 Magic Affinity of their respective elements, which yields 70 Magic Accuracy.

In terms of total magacc: Magians > Chatoyant > Alkalurops > Iridal