Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » NNI gear
NNI gear
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-07-10 08:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question in regards to buffs. Do you guys all sit back on every jump and wait to be buffed, or is it better to get going as soon as you drop in and have the BRD follow you around? I've only done 2 runs with my group so far and a few of us are fairly new, but we only stood around the lamp for buffs on jump when the SCH told us he was going to re-apply Regen and our BRD was the one following us around trying to keep songs up if they wore off. Would it be more efficient to reapply songs on every jump and have everyone wait, or buff only when Regen needs to be re-applied and just follow the DDs around to re-sing?
By Enuyasha 2013-07-10 08:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Quick question in regards to buffs. Do you guys all sit back on every jump and wait to be buffed, or is it better to get going as soon as you drop in and have the BRD follow you around? I've only done 2 runs with my group so far and a few of us are fairly new, but we only stood around the lamp for buffs on jump when the SCH told us he was going to re-apply Regen and our BRD was the one following us around trying to keep songs up if they wore off. Would it be more efficient to reapply songs on every jump and have everyone wait, or sing only when Regen needs to be re-applied and just follow the DDs around to re-sing?
NIGHT/Troub -> buff all the people -> wait for night/troub songs to wear -> Buff victory march the next floor -> buff advancing the next -> night/troub -> repeat -> Soul voice 100 if needed.

When you dont have night/troub you waste alot of time singing :<
[+]
By Spiraboo 2013-07-10 09:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

what Enuyasha said is pretty much what my group do, with hastega on top whenever applicable. And Mazurka on lamp floors.

We do a bit more than regen on SCH buffs, mainly kept Regen and Phalanx up, and if timer allows En-spell and Adloquim. So we effectively cast some sort of buff everytime we jump (pop Accession and perpetuance before jumping will shave a few seconds off your down time), and if your brd has decent -cast time gear song cast time would just overlap with sch buff, and melees can start walking out mid cast and still be in range. Not saying this is the best idea, Adlo and en-spell prolly doesn't make that much contribution in dmg.

Only worry on brd following you around to cast songs would be that some melee might not have songs buff on all the time, but if he can keep it up I guess it works just as well, if not better.

Since brd is following you, I assume sch is the pole sitter? In my opinion brd is probably better for pole sitting because there isn't much he needs to do on the field. and he can /smn for hastega. Sch is a stronger support, since you can pop accession for paralyna-ga erase-ga, pop enlightment/change to darkarts to nuke custard nm etc.

At the end of the day what matters is what works for you in your team, and if you feel you're lacking speed there's no reason not to try other plans to see if they help :D
[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-07-10 09:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks that helps a lot, will try those out tonight with my group.

Our BRD was following us mainly because it was her first time, I guess now that she's used to it we can have her sit back and control pole. We only made it to 94 on our second run that night but it was a first time in NNI for a few of us, looking to shave off as much time as we can to secure a win.
 Bismarck.Longkissgnight
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Longkissgnight 2013-07-10 09:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Waiting for songs every/every other jump wastes a lot of precious time, and limiting your group to only 4 DDs that will most likely stay unbuffed for a majority of the time is pointless.
In my opinion, the best set up is having 1 sch stay at rune, while Hasting and keeping regen 5 up at all times. This set up gave my group a 50% win ratio for 3 weeks in a row.
By Pantafernando 2013-07-10 10:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, cant really say about nni startegies.
But one year is a little too much time to farm the money you need to just buy one piece. If youre just for armor and its frustrated of consecultive loss and it isnt worried about some prideful win, just find better ways to get that money.
30 m is ridiculous for nni pieces, but even then, by own experience, if you do dynamis daily, you can get 8m per week. Or do scarletite ingot vw and earn 10m per sell.
Really, saying you dont have money and that you dont have time but spend 1 year trying and failing... Seems totally no coherent.
Again, that just apply if youre just after pieces. If win NNI is a matter of honor, disconsider this post.
 Leviathan.Lunazetha
Server: Leviathan
user: MoonZ
By Leviathan.Lunazetha 2013-08-08 00:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
But one year is a little too much time to farm the money you need to just buy one piece. If youre just for armor and its frustrated of consecultive loss and it isnt worried about some prideful win, just find better ways to get that money.
30 m is ridiculous for nni pieces, but even then, by own experience, if you do dynamis daily, you can get 8m per week. Or do scarletite ingot vw and earn 10m per sell.
Really, saying you dont have money and that you dont have time but spend 1 year trying and failing... Seems totally no coherent.
Again, that just apply if youre just after pieces. If win NNI is a matter of honor, disconsider this post.

yah its hard form me gathering the gil because I use dynamis first for my aegis 99 and now for the Ghorn99 of my friend.
then the rest of the time was used to get some other gear (damn kaggen dont drop my mekira ;;)
and looks like more effort i put on gear less luck have on drops, i had saw ppl go to only 1 wildskeeper run and got gear/weapon 1 kaggen and got mekira, really start hating FF11 now
the other day finally got at least 5 wins on 60 so i was very very happy, but that same day a memeber got mad whit the sch so the static got broke.

Today I made a run whit only 4 ppl and it goes better, just we had bad luck on jumps, we made it to 65.
then next run bamn!!! order lamp, we lost and i give up, ppl chatting on ls and forgetting give slash.

I think just gonna stick whit plasm gear and be happy farming plasms.

And sorry for the bump...
By Pantafernando 2013-08-08 04:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Lunazetha said: »
Pantafernando said: »

yah its hard form me gathering the gil because I use dynamis first for my aegis 99 and now for the Ghorn99 of my friend.
then the rest of the time was used to get some other gear (damn kaggen dont drop my mekira ;;)
and looks like more effort i put on gear less luck have on drops, i had saw ppl go to only 1 wildskeeper run and got gear/weapon 1 kaggen and got mekira, really start hating FF11 now
the other day finally got at least 5 wins on 60 so i was very very happy, but that same day a memeber got mad whit the sch so the static got broke.

Today I made a run whit only 4 ppl and it goes better, just we had bad luck on jumps, we made it to 65.
then next run bamn!!! order lamp, we lost and i give up, ppl chatting on ls and forgetting give slash.

I think just gonna stick whit plasm gear and be happy farming plasms.

And sorry for the bump...

/cheer