First Page 2 3
 Leviathan.Lunazetha
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: MoonZ
By Leviathan.Lunazetha 2013-06-19 01:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello:

First I want to say sorry because I come here to beg for my gear of NNI.
Second, sorry to make a topic like this.

I have now 1 year whit a close friend traying to get NNI gear for both of us, atm we have nothing! We having the worst luck ever, traying to make a static party since we start, until this day only one person join us for almost all the trip, but members come and go.

Some are helpful others dont even know how lamps work, atm Im very disaponted and close to give up on the gear, I know ppl only help others if they are close friends in this kind of events. Because its a ton of work to get at least 1 piece of this gear.

Im so sad because we had some discussions because of this, we always end doing runs whit pick up groups and ppl dont always team up to reach the gear.

So pls if a group can help me at least to get the Phorcy's set for my friend, it will make me very happy. Its all I want at least work to give her this set.

Btw I cant buy the gear because i dont have the gil =/ and I dont have enought time to farm that gil some ppl tell me they sell pieces for 30M =/.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-06-19 01:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

1 year and nothing? How is that possible ?
 Asura.Psubond
Server: Asura
user: psubond
By Asura.Psubond 2013-06-19 01:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

do floor 80 runs if you are having that much trouble. 5 floor 80 wins is a piece of floor 100 gear. just about any decently geared group should be able to clear floor 80
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-06-19 02:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, a year and nada? That has to be the worst luck ever.
Just do floor 80 runs for sure. Very easy to do
 Leviathan.Lunazetha
By Leviathan.Lunazetha 2013-06-19 09:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya the worst luck ever, I had always try 80 runs but trust me my pick up groups always lack of good sch, they tend to not cure or ran w/o Snk/invis.

Sometimes a pick up DD dont have meds even when I tell them to buy some or dont have mov speed. Im really desperate because ppl dont help me to make a good run.

Yesterday on a spec floor we had to kill chariots, I had to solo 1 on my drg/whm (because always lack of healing magic) and do it fine while a mnk and sch died whit one chariot, hows that posible?

Im just tired maybe i have bad luck, but for 1 year? And dont even have the other strarias, its hard to land on 20s for me, really i dont know
By Spiraboo 2013-06-19 09:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess it's not surprising if you have to do it with pick up groups. I think the key to NNI is having a static (at least with 4 static members). A lot of the times a NNI group fail is due to mistakes. A well synchronized group can recover and win from below average luck :3

Good luck man, I'd say keep trying to make a static if you fail to find anyone to help you on this!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-06-19 09:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If you went a year without wins, I think you should consider that you guys may be some part of the problem and it's not just the people you group with.

If you can manage to make NA times, I can get you/your friend in a 100-capable run, but you'll be removed just as quickly if you don't keep up.
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2013-06-19 09:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i seen you say the sch run without sneak and invis, with regen from sch and regen set for DD's and what not you should never have to use snk and inv in NNI it kills time, as far as that goes what jobs do you and your friend have and use?
 Leviathan.Lunazetha
By Leviathan.Lunazetha 2013-06-19 09:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I know, maybe Im the problem, but how can i fix that?

I know how lamps work, I know what mobs i need to kill, enough time on the old nyzul to learnd that. I know my group need sch/rdm for regenga/phalanxga and brd/smn for fancy stuff.

Maybe Im a bad leader, I know my english is bad as hell. I only have delve drk, delve drg and masa sam for the event, really dont like mages jobs because bad experiences in the past whit my endgame linkshells.

Mobs now are weak and even whit that I cant make a good group to go.
Always explain myself as good as I can to start the run and when i ask if someone have questions no body say nothing, then at the first floor order lamps to go = insta fail because ppl cant read order and or cant follow instructions.
 Fenrir.Acey
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2013-06-19 09:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Lunazetha said: »
I know, maybe Im the problem, but how can i fix that?

I know how lamps work, I know what mobs i need to kill, enough time on the old nyzul to learnd that. I know my group need sch/rdm for regenga/phalanxga and brd/smn for fancy stuff.

Maybe Im a bad leader, I know my english is bad as hell. I only have delve drk, delve drg and masa sam for the event, really dont like mages jobs because bad experiences in the past whit my endgame linkshells.

Mobs now are weak and even whit that I cant make a good group to go.
Always explain myself as good as I can to start the run and when i ask if someone have questions no body say nothing, then at the first floor order lamps to go = insta fail because ppl cant read order and or cant follow instructions.

if you have a delve drk your damage output should be fine, just find a good sch one that can pay attention. as far as bard i have done it without one you can take cor/brd in the place of it. as far as DD go if you are die hard about winning take delve DD only, but other weapons do fine also. you said you know how the floors work, if that is the case before you enter make sure everyone else is in an understanding of how you want to lead lamp floors. personally i have went sch brd thf DDx3 and won with 10 min left with no speed hacks, but had lucky jumps all 10's or 11's.

and dont worry about sneak and invis so much you should be doing floors fast enough where it just uses up extra time you could have saved, and another thing i dont know if you play on pc, but if you want to make it easier use ja0wait.
By Xodia 2013-06-19 09:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I did my nni gear all pickups then when i found a good dd or sch i would ask them afterwards if they wanted to go again together and we did that one person even was 15/15 but he came and we gave him the alex .
Mind this was just before the embrava nerf but now with delve wep it should be easier you just have to keep trying it took me 9 months to get all my armor but i enjoy nni so i didnt mind. and this whole vent or skype thing isnt needed either i got my wins with pt chat.

best of luck getting your gears, even do floor 80s like others have said its less stress cud even do 1 80 as a warm up then try for 100.
 Leviathan.Lunazetha
By Leviathan.Lunazetha 2013-06-19 09:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend use delve War, speed boots and meds, sometimes she use brd and atm lvling smn for brd/smn, she olso learning how to use sch atm and lvling.

Really dont know what more to do.

Edit: I appreciate your help guys tyvm.
 Leviathan.Kronser
user: Kronser
By Leviathan.Kronser 2013-06-19 10:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If you think the sch is the problem there is always one thing to do lvl the job and play it yourself...
By Chimerawizard 2013-06-19 10:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand, why /smn? is it for hastega? duration is better w/ SCH just dishing out haste individually.

Communication & time management are paramount in NNI. If people group up on the same mob when there's still more than one possible to kill there's a problem. (some HNMs excluded)

I suggest BRD/WHM or /SCH for erase & -na's.
para/bind/gravity really suck.

//fillmode if you're using windower.
How long do DD's sit at the lamp to wait for buffs?
How long does your group take to get meds before 1st floor?
Are people wasting time looking at chests when they could be finding the next mob?
Is there real time communication on the position of lamps on lamp floors? & NMs on leader floors? (ventrilo or skype are very useful for this)
DD's should avoid fighting the same mob if there's a chance it's not the last one.
How long after the objective is completed before the group is brought up to the next floor? (someone, likely the BRD, should be spamming the lamp to take ppl up)
JA0wait is amazing if using windower.
GM mode is great if using windower. (same effect given to players when idle for 10+minutes in jeuno; only constant & affects mobs)
other hacks get you banned, don't use them.

All of the above shave seconds from an event with only 1800 seconds to start with.

edit: in addition to SCH giving regen V; make sure he dishes out Phalanx, adloquium & enspell. It's easy to get 1 of those on each UP while the other mage gives 1 buff.
SCH should nearly always have stratagems ready before the UP.
[+]
 Shiva.Keman
Server: Shiva
user: Keman
By Shiva.Keman 2013-06-19 10:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if any of this would help, but me and our little rag tag band of merry men/women have recently started doing 80 runs. I would say we might of done 20-24ish(a handful of those were at the start as we did trial and error runs) and have got 1 piece of 100 gear (along with a lot of random 80 pieces) We pretty much have it down now but it is still wildly random.

We run with Sch, War/Sam, Drk/Sam, 2x Blu/war, and a Drg
(Blu's take turns diffusioning Haste)

everyone needs to have temps set already for fastest temp item getting at the start. #1 thing everyone needs is body boost. we all use one at the start and get another for the 15 min mark (that plus Sch's regen will mostly keep you alive)

Not sure if you do this but we always have the SCH sit at the start lamp.(instint going up floors when complete) all he does is buff at the start and then keep Regen on us. making sure to call it outbefore we go up to the floor when he is going to regen again.
(and he is the Vocal leader of the run, making sure lamps are done right and keeping people on track)

Then the 5 DD's just need to have plenty of sneak oils/Invis powders on them, and we all have sprinters drinks and flee boots for a floor where it will help us somehow.

If the run looks crappy maybe we got bad jumps. we would just shoot for a 60 boss kill. and whatever happened if we wernt going to hit 80 we would make sure we exited so we still got tokens

Again not sure that any of this would help (heck you may already know it all), but I thought I would just share the experience I have had lately as far as NNI goes.
[+]
 Shiva.Socrates
user: socratess
By Shiva.Socrates 2013-06-19 11:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The way i have won at floor 80 7 times now is this:

1 BRD
1 SCH
4 R/E/M/D DD or 3 R/E/M/D DD and 1 Delve THF

Fast Temps at start (body Boost is Key)

BRD stays at lamp and uses one song everytime we go up, to keep things fast. We do Choco and March for the floors, then Attack and ACC for boss floor.

SCH uses regen V when needed at start of floors; casts haste on all DD; and cures when needed

DD need to be smart with the way they kill. Best way to kill is to solo mobs and split up. Unless it is the enemy leader or specified enemy.

Usually the one thing that can cause a run to die is the order lamps. You need to have one person in the party that knows what to do for lamps and have that person call the shots. Dont have everyone in the party trying and then get everyone confused

One thing I can say is just to be smart.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2013-06-19 11:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If you do pick up for NNI you need to ask people to be prepared.

#1 Ask them to buy sneak/invisible meds.

#2 Ask them to set up their temp box so they can get at least: Body Boost + flee potion and whatever they think is needed. Mage can use MP boost if they feel they need those but I can't remember ever seeing any mage used it.

#3 Designate someone to call lamp. On order lamp, activate the lamp when you reach it then use '/' to tell your party you got a lamp and you have activated it. Then have the designated lamp caller to call the next set of order once all lamps are activated. You can have 1 person with 2 lamps when they are close, just give him <name>1 and <name>2 if he's using 2 lamps.

Procedure is simple: Goes in > get temp box - sch use their JAs > go to floor 1 > sch buffs protect/regen5 then sits at lamp > finish F1 > sch uses JAs > jump floor then sch buff shell5...etc. On floors with enemy leader, the sch will need to move away from the lamp and cure people while you can have 1 of the DD to go back to the lamp.

If you have a whm and sch or schx2 then you can have the whm do shellra5 while sch doing protect5. I personally prefer schx2 so they can haste 4 melees easy. If there is only 1 sch then there will be little chance to haste people.
 Shiva.Keman
user: Keman
By Shiva.Keman 2013-06-19 11:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a little side note. Floor 80 wins are not R/E/M/D dependent. Although yes they would help. I'm sure the added dmg and killing faster would help combat the randomness somewhat, but in my group one of the blu's has an Almace, I think the other blu and war use WoE weapons. The drg uses an AH polearm and I use the AH Hatzoaar on DRK and we are able to still get 80 wins.

Like Socrates said "be smart" (sometimes is it amazing just how far this will take you)
[+]
 Leviathan.Lunazetha
By Leviathan.Lunazetha 2013-06-19 11:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

@Chimerawizard:

Yes /smn for hastega. Sometimes I ended putting haste whit my drg over some DDs because schs cant.

Yeah communication, but when ppl cant read its hard =/, before start i tell the DDs to solo NQs mobs and team whit NMs, some DDs ask me what is a NQ mob.......

I play on PC, yeah windower macros are amazing but really dont use another addon or plugs, atm checking this ones you tell me.

I tell brd and sch to refresh 1 buff per floor to dont loose time
I tell all to make the chest from the npc in aht urgan so auto take on rune.
No one take chests
For lamps..... damn lamps, order its the problem, i tell ppl to click it when find lamps and give me a slash and then only tell me when lamp is off to know more or less the order, but aparently this is hard as hell.
I had no other issues, just some ppl dying because of links.
not more than 2-3 seconds for brd to put us on the next floor.
By Chimerawizard 2013-06-19 11:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste should last 2~3 floors. DD's usually split in half, two go one direction, two the other. SCH just needs to decide which pair to run after. (our DD's were always given two cardinal directions to start running, so they don't all go the same way NW or SE)

We NEVER used sneak/invis. it's takes time to pop a potion, but agro disappears when you activate a lamp anyway. Sometimes had a problem when one person got too much agro on a leader floor. Still, not a problem if the person just continues running around until de-agro.

I lol, but I know the feeling when people don't read the '/' or when I give an order like chi>lun>kem>And>Soc GO
and someone goes out of turn.
/shiver

I got at least 15 pieces of gear from f100 before the embrava regain nerf. Even after the nerf to regain, we still had 15min duration normally, so everyone almost always had the potent regen & haste from embrava the whole run. They fixed that now, right? :(
 Leviathan.Lunazetha
By Leviathan.Lunazetha 2013-06-19 11:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah I even make 2 groups,
team 1 DDx2 sch go to S- E paths
team 2 my friend and I and N-W paths

some DDs tend to follow me because my wyvern heal more than the sch.....

edit: even one sch call me livesaverluna because i raised 2 members and snk him to avoid more deads.....
 Odin.Stormcroww
Server: Odin
By Odin.Stormcroww 2013-06-19 11:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you looking at for days/times for static runs. I have basically quit as of late for lack of friends on line and boring LS stuff. I'd consider jumping Odin ship if the days/times work out. I have always enjoyed Nyzule.
 Leviathan.Lunazetha
By Leviathan.Lunazetha 2013-06-19 12:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Stormcroww said: »
What are you looking at for days/times for static runs. I have basically quit as of late for lack of friends on line and boring LS stuff. I'd consider jumping Odin ship if the days/times work out. I have always enjoyed Nyzule.

Ah kk I will tell you later, have atm some PMs of joining ppl to my static in levi, this to dont make you waste on jumping servers.
 Leviathan.Lunazetha
By Leviathan.Lunazetha 2013-06-27 00:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the bump.

I tried twice again and lost again, Im a bad leader there is the problem.

Did 6 runs and only hitx2 80floor.

We are 3 members in the static atm:
My friend WAR delve, BRD
One of my oldest friends have almost all the jobs and well geared
Me Drg Chauve, DRK delve, Sam Masa.

Theres somebody that want to lead me?

Some ppl offered to join on the static but im really disapointed of my leadership and Im done, I just gonna follow orders now.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-06-27 00:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a feeling that it isn't a lack of leadership, but maybe just comfort with the event and people - and can't deny the times you get screwed ridiculous floors or bad jumps. If you don't want to lead, that's cool, but don't give up on the event and getting done. I wouldn't be surprised if, when you do get a clear, that you're shocked at how easy it was.
 Leviathan.Vaporybean
By Leviathan.Vaporybean 2013-06-27 11:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're on late tonight, i'll take you with our group. Message me. I just started a new NNi group last week for 2x weekly runs - first three runs we went 100(win), 99(lamp), 100(boss to 20% timeout).

We go after my shell event. I'd say 12:30-1 EST.
 Leviathan.Lunazetha
By Leviathan.Lunazetha 2013-06-27 22:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vaporybean said: »
If you're on late tonight, i'll take you with our group. Message me. I just started a new NNi group last week for 2x weekly runs - first three runs we went 100(win), 99(lamp), 100(boss to 20% timeout).

We go after my shell event. I'd say 12:30-1 EST.

TY vm I will try.
 Ragnarok.Eriina
Server: Ragnarok
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2013-06-27 22:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are picking up new people for each run, I imagine you must have your explanation about how you want people to work the lamps and how they should communicate while working lamps well memorized. Or maybe you made a macro for the explanation.

Can you copy paste that explanation here?

Also could you copy paste your explanation about who goes what direction here as well?
user: Cakex
By Odin.Kingdinguhling 2013-06-27 23:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38209/nni-how-my-group-wins-on-odin/

My Thread on party setup and some suggestions we always ran:
1x SCH 1x COR/WHM 4x SAM with 85 Masamune

You can do BRD/WHM instead of COR too we just never had a descent BRD

It has been a While since we have been done with Collecting NNI gear and I did 2 Full static's because I had 2 accounts....
(which are both complete now)

But anywayz i've heard now of 5 manning it with Delve weapons or SCH + 5 DDs with Delve weapons should be really easy ...

but we ran with our setup before Delve weapons
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-06-27 23:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kingdinguhling said: »
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38209/nni-how-my-group-wins-on-odin/ My Thread on party setup and some suggestions we always ran: 1x SCH 1x COR/WHM 4x SAM with 85 Masamune You can do BRD/WHM instead of COR too we just never had a descent BRD It has been a While since we have been done with Collecting NNI gear and I did 2 Full static's because I had 2 accounts.... (which are both complete now) But anywayz i've heard now of 5 manning it with Delve weapons or SCH + 5 DDs with Delve weapons should be really easy ... but we ran with our setup before Delve weapons

Winning Nyzul has never been about damage output, its about communication, experience, and LUCK.
[+]
First Page 2 3