Any Way To Hotkey Each Instance Of FFXI?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Any way to hotkey each instance of FFXI?
Any way to hotkey each instance of FFXI?
 Leviathan.Walshy
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Walsh
By Leviathan.Walshy 2013-05-28 16:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The only program that I could find that came close was FFXI Switch Monitor but it only allows me to hotkey next/previous to cycle through open instances of FFXI. I'm looking for a way to apply a shortcut so I can press one key and be sent to a certain instance instead of having to cycle through like with alt+tabbing or FFXI Switch Monitor. Anything out there to provide this function?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-28 17:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Load switch mon up twice. Set each instance to one of them and set the key. You can exclude instances so be sure to do that and set switchmon to only update the listed instances when you tell it to.
[+]
 Leviathan.Walshy
Server: Leviathan
user: Walsh
By Leviathan.Walshy 2013-05-28 18:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Works perfectly, thanks Sekundes
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-28 18:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to do that the few times I quad boxed. But it does take a bit of extra time to set up. It may be possible to set it up more quickly after a DC or when you need to log back in but it's not been as much of an issue for me since I've pretty much stayed with dual boxing.

Gl!
 Quetzalcoatl.Sithel
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wildman33
By Quetzalcoatl.Sithel 2013-05-28 19:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

When you say "Set the Key" you are referring to a keyboard? I've tried to use FFXI Switch Mon and it will only recognize a controller. Is there a way it works with a keyboard to set a hot key?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-28 19:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that I'm aware of but I use a controller ^^; You may have to emulate a game pad with a button on the controller?

I'm sure there are other means for keyboards perhaps someone around here knows about it.