2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Windows 8 Windower 4 plugins & addons
Windows 8 Windower 4 plugins & addons
 Stu
By Stu 2013-05-26 16:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi,

I am wondering if anybody has found a fix to running plugins on Windower 4 while running windows 8 yet? The issue has only started since the May 10th version update.

I always run as administrator so that isn't the problem. I've reinstalled Windower 4 multiple times to no success. Windower runs fine... its just the plugins that won't load.

When the game first starts up I get an error saying 126 module not found.

Any help would be great! There must be some way around it other than reinstalling windows.

Edit:
So after uninstalling Windower 4 and installing 3.4 I'm still having the same issue with plugins. Is this just me?
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2013-05-28 12:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you find a solution for this error?

Last night I installed Windows 8 from scratch, then after drivers I installed FFXI + Windower 4 beta with the plugins I use. I was able to play without any issue at all.

This morning, I applied ALL of Windows Update files, it was about 800+ MB of updates and right after that, I started getting this message when plugins are supposed to load:

Failed to Load Plugin - (126) Module Not Found

So, I am pretty sure that is caused by some of the Windows updates, but which ones? :x

I noticed a lot of .NET Framework updates, I wonder if one of those is the culprit, but not having your system up-to-date wouldn't be wise.

Were you able to solve it, somehow?

Edit: Maybe if you list your latest Windows Updates (that match the date your problem started) we can pinpoint the probable update that is causing the issue?
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2013-05-28 22:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

A small update here. I ended up reinstalling my system and did NOT install any Windows Update file, disabled it.

After installing my drivers and FFXI + Windower 4, it worked! as expected, of course. At that point, I made a system restore point just in case. Then installed Mozilla Thunderbird and Dropbox and that was it. I had to leave computer for about 2 hours and when I came back it was suspended.

I woke it up, launched Windower 4 again and... the issue reappeared, "Failed to Load Plugin - (126) Module Not Found" on any plugin I tried to load. Tried uninstalling Thunderbird + Dropbox, no luck. Tried to restore the system using Windows tool to the point I created, no luck again.

So, I am stuck again. I almost bet if I do a clean install (for a third time) it will work, but then stop working after few hours/installed programs.

I have been on #windower channel on IRC and people there have been trying to help solving this issue, but no luck so far.

Just wanted to update this so you don't jump and think it is a Windows Update issue, because most likely it is not.
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2013-05-29 21:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Last update in a while (maybe?).

After doing A LOT of tests on different things, something that SHOULDN'T have anything to do with this issue SEEMS to be causing: video drivers.

I have an Alienware M17x R3 which has a technology called "Optimus" with dual video cards (Intel + Nvidia GeForce). I updated the drivers for the NVidia one right after system installs but seemed to only work once and then the error described above. After trying everything else, I played switching video drivers around, and the ones that came from Windows 8 seem to be working and not giving the plugin error, even after few reboots.

So, as it is still pretty early to blame that, it could be thee case that the video drivers were, indeed, the cause of this not working. Computer has all updates applied now, btw.

Hope this helps (?) anybody.