Forum » FFXI » NMs » Delve bosses party setup help
Delve bosses party setup help
 Bismarck.Osaia
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2013-05-21 12:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking to start a shout for the easiest to kill of the Ceizak Battlegrounds T1-3, and T4/5... and also Foret de Hennetiel T1-3, and T4/5 to get KI and clear so I can spend this plasm on weapons and armor. I assume the T1 and T4 of each respective area would be the easiest (unless a T2/5 has a better way to be beaten), so I'm asking whats a good party setup to take to do these, and if applicable a nice strategy. On bismarck there aren't many KI clears, mainly plasm farm runs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-05-21 12:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The following forum has everything you will need to know.

Everything that is currently known.

To get you started, the easiest NM's for a PUG in each zone are:

Ceizak - Tier 1: Butterfly, Tier 2: Wamoura
Foret - Tier 1: Jagil, Tier 2: Orobon
Salt Fields - Tier 1: Matamata, Tier 2: Peiste
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-05-21 12:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So what's the standard strategy for the Orobon, Mighty strikes zerg on lanterns then just zerg it into the ground? What's the basic setup for him? No info for Orobon in that link you posted.
 Bismarck.Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2013-05-21 12:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I am also interested in tht one. My friend said 2 to 3 blues doing ES and some terror spell, warp and reset, rinse and repeat while dd zerg him down was the way they did it.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-05-21 13:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
So what's the standard strategy for the Orobon, Mighty strikes zerg on lanterns then just zerg it into the ground? What's the basic setup for him? No info for Orobon in that link you posted.

The information is in the thread. You have to search, and read. In the top, right-hand corner of the top post, there is a "Search Thread" function.

To get you started, a decent strategy for the orobon (if you're just looking to get one kill for the KI's) is to have a BLU/BLM initiate with absolute terror. That will give your DD's a chance to break the lanterns before it can even use a TP move. If you have any WARs, have them mighty strike at the start, and if you have any monks, have them hundred fist. This will pretty much guarantee that the lanterns will break before it even unterrorizes. Use crit-based weapon skills if you aren't mighty-striking.

Other than that, just make 2 PT's of DD's with a BRD, healer, and COR in each of those parties. Use Chaos/Hunter's Roll; swap the bards in such a way that each DD party ends up with soul voice/troub/night + double madrigal/double march. Force you DD's to eat sushi. If you're feeling ambitious, do another swap and give each DD party double minuets (if you have three bards, and assuming none of them have daurdabla). Be sure your healers remove plague/slow as quickly as possible from the DD's.

If I were to set this up for a shout zerg, I would put summoners in the third party to have a shock squall rotation to keep the thing immobilized as much as possible, since your /shout DD's likely will not have PDT sets.

Really though, there is a lot of good information in that thread I posted; the best information that is currently available. I would suggest searching for the NM's name for starters, instead of just looking through the first post.
 Bismarck.Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2013-05-21 15:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you very much!
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-05-25 21:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a good strat for the Jagil? 3 parties of BRD WHM COR 3xDD (with a good RDM stuck in there for silence)? Does silence block his enspell effect? How easy would a RDM with 505 Enfeebling and decent gear Silence it? Should the DDs sub NIN? Any other special stuff to know about it?
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-05-25 21:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
What's a good strat for the Jagil? 3 parties of BRD WHM COR 3xDD (with a good RDM stuck in there for silence)? Does silence block his enspell effect? How easy would a RDM with 505 Enfeebling and decent gear Silence it? Should the DDs sub NIN? Any other special stuff to know about it?

I did this a few days ago. BRD, COR, WHM, DDx3 as you said, we had 2 RDM/BLM`s in the 3rd pt for chainspell stun(blu works too with Ultimate Terror) We had the brd`s rotate for the whole fight, until around 10% hp.

I found that his enspell damage doesn't increase much if you hold off on any magic damage of any type, that includes dread spikes or endark for the DRKs. All DD`s were /nin
 Phoenix.Skyfire
Server: Phoenix
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2013-05-25 22:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it can be silenced, and that party setup is fine. People claim to sub ninja for utsusemi, but that's only really needed for a prolonged fight.
With decent dd's who have hybrid dt sets and the ability to perform a Brd rotation the fight shouldn't last more then 10mins.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-05-27 16:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The Pieste NM, lets say the RDM misses the 'Blind wears off' message and he gets out a Grim Glower or Opressive Gaze, will blinding it after the move cancel it out, or is it too late after it's used?
 Phoenix.Lithical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lithical 2013-05-27 16:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Blind will take the glare off
 Ragnarok.Cheweh
Server: Ragnarok
user: cheweh
By Ragnarok.Cheweh 2013-05-27 17:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone Try Ceizak Battlegrounds fracture mega boss and know a good set up , things to look for etc? Thanks
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-05-30 17:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Can the Jagil change elements while it's silenced?
Does it always start on Light?
If you stun a spell does it count as being casted in terms of changing elements?