Not loading plugins
 Asura.Acheron
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Achero
By Asura.Acheron 2013-05-17 04:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

I've done some googling and some looking around on the bg/ffxiah/windower forums, but I couldnt find a solution to my problem with the new Windower.

-I have windows 8 64-bit and use the steam install (Seekers collectors edition)
-UAC is off
-Hidden file extensions is off
-There are actual files in the plugins folder

The problem is similar to this post:
http://forums.windower.net/topic/22171-error-resources-and-lua/

I've tried to reinstall multiple times and to multiple locations (program files, program files x86, my documents)
First POL crashed when starting it from the windower, so I removed the updates folder and it seemed to work.

The windower launches perfectly now, I just cant load any plugins and I get the following message when going to the game client
"Error: luacore - Failed to load plugin - (126) Module not found", same for UpdateResources

When I try to install a plugin via the windower or download it manually from the site it wont work (tried with Tparty).

I've looked around for maybe another install of windower on my computer but thats not it.

I have also tried deleting the plugins folder and while windower generates a new one it still doesnt load the plugins from it.

I am not an expert in this area, but it seems to me that windower is somehow being 'told' to look in the wrong place for the plugins. No idea if its related to the steam install btw, but that didnt seem likely to me since I can play ffxi through windower just fine.
I would really appreciate help on this matter, kind of stuck atm.

Thanks in advance,

Ach.
 Stu
By Stu 2013-05-18 15:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you ever find an answer to this?

I'm having the exact same problem. Windows 8 64 bit too.

I'm kind of wondering if its something to do with the latest game updates? I know not many people use Windows 8 and windower so maybe its just not a known issue.

Been playing around all afternoon trying to get this solved but I just can't. Any help is appreciated!
 Asura.Acheron
By Asura.Acheron 2013-05-20 17:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

No not fixed as of yet, do you have a steam install as well?
 Asura.Acheron
By Asura.Acheron 2013-05-30 02:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fixed with an update
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1785 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mirathyl
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mirathyl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mirathyl 2018-04-18 22:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Still happens and I'm on Windows 10 worked fine one night next morning nothing. Updates are turned off so it can't be an update causing it.