Forum » FFXI » NMs » Adoulin NM strategy's
Adoulin NM strategy's
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-05-15 11:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess this could be a good place for people to look for pretty good strats to beat NM's for the new content to help each person's success improve. Feel free to add your experiances here to assist those that would need he's some post from others and myself.

Nerrivik strategy (H-10) (Foret IV Boss)

Credit to:: Carbuncle.Chibiclone

I did it in a pug and our strat was to have 3 BRDs all soul voice then swap parties so all 3 parties had 6+ SVed songs. On the pop we had 2 BLUs use back to back Elemental Seal Absolute Terror (I was 1 of the 2 blus) so that it would be frozen until it's lanterns were broken and have no risk of charm going off early.

The thing was already down to like 63% by the time the double AT was over (about 45 seconds) and was dead very fast, not sure how fast but it was definitely under 5 min.

So yeah, basically zerg the crap out of it.

Edit: Oh yeah, I also made sure I had all 4 BLU stun spells set to further help keep it under control after the ATs were over. Both Blitz and Temperal had no trouble landing and applying their stun with standard DD gear and maxed skill. Head Butt and Lunge did have trouble landing though (I think just because they are physical and delve's high evasion).

Credit to: Fenrir.Sylow

We zerg it with Scherzo up

Tax'et (G-10) (Ceizak Battlegrounds)

Spam dots until it Exuviation 20 times then continue w/ your basic brd/cor rotation and zerk.. barfire help also. one pld to hold the NM while dd's buff for the zerg.

Transcendent Scorpion (I-10) (Ceizak Battlegrounds)

Normal Zerg Cor/Brd rotations has high evation so you'd want to use acc food one pld to hold the NM while dd's buff for the zerg.

Hope these few tips would help you get started. Good Luck!
[+]
By macsdf1 2013-05-15 11:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Think you'd all be stunned and dead if you tried to zerg the scorp.
 Bahamut.Kujah
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kujah 2013-05-15 11:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you keep an enfeeble on the scorp its AoE stun does 0 damage, its a joke to zerg with a semicompetent group.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-05-15 11:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kujah said: »
If you keep an enfeeble on the scorp its AoE stun does 0 damage, its a joke to zerg with a semicompetent group.

Unless you are using perfect defense to block the post-50% stunga spam, there is no way to effectively zerg this down from 100 to 0.
 Bahamut.Kujah
By Bahamut.Kujah 2013-05-15 11:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not so much a zerg, more of a throw DDs at til it dies, its pretty harmless with enfeebles on, think weve only ever had 1 or 2 earthbreakers actually kill someone.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-05-15 12:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Wardeniii said: »

Unless you are using perfect defense to block the post-50% stunga spam, there is no way to effectively zerg this down from 100 to 0.

You can make its Stunga irrelevant if you maintain enfeebling magic on it.

With regards to Tax'et BRD rotation is probably the only way. Unless E/R BRD in which case its is considerably easier.

My only problem was on the runs I organised, the COR keeps fking AFKing so I couldn't rotate people properly. making it have to use exuviation 20x is an absolute pain, I'd hapily pay a couple mil to just remove its DT from the start.
 Bahamut.Kujah
By Bahamut.Kujah 2013-05-15 12:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Removing Taxets -DT is pretty simple with tp feed. We throw all DDs on it from the start with a RDM spamming anything and everything. Can do 4-5 Exuvs a minute this way. If it has TP + 2 or more enfeebles it will 99% use Exuv. Give it TP!
 Sylph.Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-05-15 12:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

You can make its Stunga irrelevant if you maintain enfeebling magic on it.

The stunga isn't irrelevant because every time it is used, it still halts all melee dps for 5-10 seconds. Everyone is well aware that enfeebles remove the damage.
By macsdf1 2013-05-15 12:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It does 0 but it still stuns you, and all your support jobs a well.
Zerg means buff up and bust out all your 2h and kill it in seconds. Maybe your definition of zerging is different shrug.

Better strat is schezro so you don't die to 3000+ death scissors, everyone sub nin, debuf and just kill it with dd's. Dispel sharp spikes too.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-05-15 12:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

My only point is that this fight should not be conveyed as a zerg because it gives people the wrong impression of what the fight will hold. No one is killing this mob in "seconds", and any job that uses its 2 hour below 50% will likely have the majority of their 2 hour be wasted due to stuns. For a decent group, a realistic kill speed is 5-10 minutes, but no one is just flat-out stomping this thing from 100 to 0 in sixty seconds flat unless they are using perfect defenses at 50%.

From 50% to 0% this mob will stun everyone in range for 5-10 seconds via Earthpounder, and it favors that move quite a bit. So just be prepared to idle in PDT quite a bit while being constantly stunned, since your mages will be stunned as well and will not be able to heal you.
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-05-15 12:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I can stand corrected on a full out zerg your right, i was more so refering to blitzing it to beat out the 15min.. some have the misunderstanding that you can take a full day to beat the NM's as far as the AOE stuns we didn't have much issues with that.
By macsdf1 2013-05-15 13:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly, before 50% it's aoe will do dmg even when debuffed. It's only after 50 where you can do the trick. AoE range is huge, will hit everyone, prob 35+ away. You can /nin to absorb this.
 Bahamut.Kujah
By Bahamut.Kujah 2013-05-15 13:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The above 50% damage is negligible, even death scissors only spikes if Sharp Strike is not dispelled, Hybrid set + Curagas and its a baby. /NIN 100% unnecessary imo especially if doing a 4-5 NM run in fracture.
 Shiva.Kuraneko
Server: Shiva
user: Kuraneko
By Shiva.Kuraneko 2013-05-15 13:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Removing Taxets -DT is pretty simple with tp feed. We throw all DDs on it from the start with a RDM spamming anything and everything. Can do 4-5 Exuvs a minute this way. If it has TP + 2 or more enfeebles it will 99% use Exuv. Give it TP!

Additionally have those DD specifically spamming WS with additional effects. BRDs were throwing threnody/requiem/elegy as well as w/e the mages were throwing.
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-05-15 13:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kuraneko said: »
Additionally have those DD specifically spamming WS with additional effects. BRDs were throwing threnody/requiem/elegy as well as w/e the mages were throwing.
Indeed and make sure you "count the tp moves don't wanna get yaself all eff'd up trying to kill it to fast.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
By Chroph 2013-06-25 13:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrote a strat for Tax'et : http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Tax%27et_Strategy

I think BLU is good for enfeebling too. We got 20 Exuviations in less than 3min with RDM, SCH, BLU and BRDs enfeebling. NM was spamming Exuviation. Hope this strat will help some.