Tax'et Tier V Win - Do You Need It? 5/13/13

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Tax'et Tier V win - Do you need it? 5/13/13
Tax'et Tier V win - Do you need it? 5/13/13
 Leviathan.Vaporybean
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Vaporybean 2013-05-13 16:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Forming an alliance tonight to get this win knocked out. If you need it, send me a /tell around 9:00pm MST / 11pm EST.
By Vaporybean 2013-05-14 10:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks to everyone who came out for this win. 9 minutes, 17 people. Awesome time!
 Siren.Piccollo
Server: Siren
By Siren.Piccollo 2013-05-14 11:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

how did you set up your alliance? anything in particular that made it go so well?

having some trouble with it myself^
By spryte 2013-05-14 11:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

when I got win this past weekend, we had aegis pld holding nm, various relics and empys. We were also having the whms and brds do debuffs, the brd debuffs were the trick and he did his tp move once every 20 seconds. we killed with 3:30 remaining.
 Siren.Piccollo
Server: Siren
By Siren.Piccollo 2013-05-14 12:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

ive fought it now 5-6 times coming very close twice and failing miserably the rest of the time

my plan is

to have pld hold while we get 20/20 then pull all the dd out and do a zerg with bard buffs its a great plan but so far hasnt actually worked, im finding too many dd's with accuracy problems and too many bards that dont understand their job:(
 Cerberus.Thongypoo
Server: Cerberus
user: Thongypoo
By Cerberus.Thongypoo 2013-05-14 13:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Piccollo said: »
ive fought it now 5-6 times coming very close twice and failing miserably the rest of the time

my plan is

to have pld hold while we get 20/20 then pull all the dd out and do a zerg with bard buffs its a great plan but so far hasnt actually worked, im finding too many dd's with accuracy problems and too many bards that dont understand their job:(

I'd find good leaders and bards that are capable of doing a decent bard rotation and have a cor in the melee parties giving hunters and chaos. This should solve your accuracy issue and with the extra songs from a bard rotation accuracy really shouldnt be a problem. Aegis pld holding is fine and competent well geared DDs.
 Sylph.Jrpg
Server: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2013-05-14 13:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaporybean said: »
Thanks to everyone who came out for this win. 9 minutes, 17 people. Awesome time!

Did you let it Exuviation 20 times? In runs I've tried it takes quite a bit of time for that.

Any advice for setups/strategies would be helpful.
By Vaporybean 2013-05-14 13:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

We went in with 2 relic BRDs for rotation, 3 WAR(2 Rag/ 1 Delve weap), 2 SAM(1 90 Masa, 1 TP Bonus), 2 DRG, 2 DRK(both Apoc), 2 RDM, 2 WHM, 1 SCH, Ochain PLD, and 99 Relic RNG.

To start the fight, all melee TP feed while RDM and SCH Debuff. He'll use Exuviation about 3-5 times a minute with constant debuffing. I kept a count 1/20, 2/20, 3/20.....etc as we fought for a visual.

Soon as the 20th Exuviation is used no more debuffs or he'll use Exuviation to heal. Brd's rotate and zerg commences. The RDM's subbed BLM for Chainspell stun below 50%(which seemed to be key). No one went below 50% hp.

Third try as a PUG. Got lucky with the 2 relic BRD's and some DDs who had a brain(and gearsets).
 Leviathan.Heam
user: heammy
By Leviathan.Heam 2013-05-14 13:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Do another one tonight Vapor! =D
By Vaporybean 2013-05-14 13:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Heam said: »
Do another one tonight Vapor! =D

I'm thinking the Orobon tonight. The Tax'et fight was fun - if I can get a group together for the Orobon win, I'll do Tax'et again after.
 Leviathan.Heam
By Leviathan.Heam 2013-05-14 13:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The Orobon was a pain..but I'll join if you need volunteers.
[+]
By Vaporybean 2013-05-14 13:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What a guy. I'll catch ya on tonight.
 Leviathan.Egonn
user: Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2013-05-14 20:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Do a brd rotation / zerg right off the bat to knock the lamps off, then just widdle him down.
 Leviathan.Heam
By Leviathan.Heam 2013-05-14 21:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Egonn said: »

Do a brd rotation / zerg right off the bat to knock the lamps off, then just widdle him down.

Yeah, did that and got win a few days ago. Egonn, set up a Tax'et run! <3
 Leviathan.Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2013-05-14 21:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried Tax tonight with a PUG, it wasn't pretty. Between the brds not understanding what soul voice is and the stunner not stunning we got it to 20% on both attempts. It's not a hard NM, but the key players as always, are the mages, and they can't screw up if you want to win. It has to be stunned clean or CS'd and either a good brd rotation or two duards.
By Dazusu 2013-05-16 12:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't have to be stunned, or cs stunned. In fact, you can kill the mob without a single person in your alliance having access to any type of stun at all.

I did it just fine with a pickup alliance. The key is actually communicating the strategy to people and ensuring they understand before popping the mob. PUG's aren't stupid like people seem to think. A lot of the time the problem is the person leading them (not always - so please don't take offence PUG leaders!)

The biggest element of confusion I've noticed with PUG groups on this mob is: "Why isn't the mob using Exuviation?" - the reason for this is usually there aren't enough debuffs on the mob, or everyone overwriting Dia/Bio (thus only one debuff being on the mob)

I found the easiest way in a PUG to get this mob done is assign Elegy/Requiem to a Bard, and give a RDM(or SCH) the job of Slow/Paralyze/Dia - to be applied repeatedly; this is overkill but will ensure that nine out of ten TP moves are the one you want. Once it's been repeated 20 times; all debuffs (including weapons and/or weaponskills that apply debuffs) need to stop.

Keep Barfira and Fire Carol II on your melee; and watch its HP reduce to 0 as if by magic in 5-7 minutes at most.

I might end up killing a couple of these tonight, if anyone is in need of the kill - shoot me a tell in game, and I'll try get you in our alliance.
 Leviathan.Vaporybean
By Leviathan.Vaporybean 2013-05-16 16:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Dazusu said: »
It doesn't have to be stunned, or cs stunned. In fact, you can kill the mob without a single person in your alliance having access to any type of stun at all.

No, it doesn't, but it DEFINITELY helps.

I did it just fine with a pickup alliance. The key is actually communicating the strategy to people and ensuring they understand before popping the mob. PUG's aren't stupid like people seem to think. A lot of the time the problem is the person leading them (not always - so please don't take offence PUG leaders!)

No offense taken, however over the past 3-4 days(since this win) I've joined several runs two separate PUG leaders started, and have noticed 2-3 key members of the alliance clearly not paying any attention to the fight. Plenty of players are still in Voidwatch/Abyssea mentality and don't understand the complexity that goes into getting a win in these new fights.

Communication is key I agree, but no matter how clear you attempt to make it to this type of player, they think the other 17 are enough to make up for their style of play. I can name you several players I have attempted to help along, with the very basics - creating macros, that refuse to. Plenty of folks in this game are flying with blinders on.
 Leviathan.Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2013-05-25 13:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The biggest element of confusion I've noticed with PUG groups on this mob is: "Why isn't the mob using Exuviation?" - the reason for this is usually there aren't enough debuffs on the mob, or everyone overwriting Dia/Bio (thus only one debuff being on the mob)

I found the easiest way in a PUG to get this mob done is assign Elegy/Requiem to a Bard, and give a RDM(or SCH) the job of Slow/Paralyze/Dia - to be applied repeatedly; this is overkill but will ensure that nine out of ten TP moves are the one you want. Once it's been repeated 20 times; all debuffs (including weapons and/or weaponskills that apply debuffs) need to stop.

Keep Barfira and Fire Carol II on your melee; and watch its HP reduce to 0 as if by magic in 5-7 minutes at most.

I might end up killing a couple of these tonight, if anyone is in need of the kill - shoot me a tell in game, and I'll try get you in our alliance.

I've been in both situations. Once we killed in 15 minutes, the other we just timed out. Believe it or not, 2 brds forgot to soul voice before doing a rotation. They new they were supposed to, they just didn't. This is the problem with a pug. If you have a main alliance setup, then any idiot can swing an axe or punch something. But the mages need to be in the game, not letting their dog out or talking to their mom on the phone. Then again, that's part of the fun going with a pug.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-05-25 13:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i just 8box it

if anyone else needs win, i make them go whm and cure my mules

that way it doesnt matter if they all suck
 Leviathan.Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2013-05-25 13:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
i just 8box it

if anyone else needs win, i make them go whm and cure my mules

that way it doesnt matter if they all suck

Exactly. If you have the core alliance, just do it.