Forum » Windower » Spellcast Scripting » Other » Spellcast Help
Spellcast Help
 Asura.Gdisob
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: JChapman
By Asura.Gdisob 2013-05-04 12:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok im a total noob in the SpellCast area.
I understand to an extent that it makes things faster and more seemless what i dont understand is how to actually USE it.
For instance i have downloaded a few of the pre-made spellcasts as i do not write code or have not attempted to yet. I do not know how you tie these to macros or make the functions in spellcast actually do what its intended to do.
If someone could help that would be great.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-05-04 13:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need any special macros or even changes to macros usually.
Spellcast works even if you choose spells/abilities from the menu, or manually type them.

IE. If you have something like this in your "CharName_Job".xml
<if spell="Cure*">
<equip when="precast" set="Fastcast" />
<equip when="midcast" set="Cures" />
</if>

Whenever you cast a spell that starts with "Cure" (from macro, menu or manually typed), spellcast will equip the set called Fastcast, start casting the spell, then switch in the set called "Cures" before the spell finishes casting.

Even if you type "/ma cure4 me" in game, the gear will switch and spellcast will correct the name of the spell etc for you.
 Asura.Gdisob
user: JChapman
By Asura.Gdisob 2013-05-04 13:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats cool ok I thought you had to tie it to a spell or w/e.
I mainly need to use it for SCH and casting quickly in NNI.
So how would i do it to cast say Regen V ga quickly?
I assume i would need to make a macro for that right?
 Cerberus.Tzaellia
Server: Cerberus
user: Tzaellia
By Cerberus.Tzaellia 2013-05-04 14:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gdisob said: »
Thats cool ok I thought you had to tie it to a spell or w/e.
I mainly need to use it for SCH and casting quickly in NNI.
So how would i do it to cast say Regen V ga quickly?
I assume i would need to make a macro for that right?

With spellcast you can just type:

//name of spell

So for me, if I want to do a cure 1 to wake my team up from a sleep spell, I do this. Instead of wasting a macro on cure 1 or wasting MP on a higher tier cure. I just type: //cure while I have my target selected. Or even: //curaga (Being a decent typist helps.)

For BLM I have 4 nukes macro'd, Thunder V, Burst II, Blizzard V and Freeze II. Everything else I type.

More examples (nothing is case sensitive):

//regen v
//stun
//burn

Oh, spellcsat also lets you target specific people without having to fully type out their name.

So for my mule Githanis, if I want to cure him quick when we're in an alliance, I just type: //cure v gith

It will target the person who comes closest to that name. If there was a someone else nearby with the name Githderp, then I'd have to type Githa (minimum) so that spellcast could differentiate between the two.

Hope that helps.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-05-04 14:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The stuff already posted is great advice, I'd like to expand slightly on Tzaellia's post and note that you don't have to use roman numerals (I, II, III, IV, V, VI).

//cure4 or //regen5 would work aswell.
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2013-05-04 15:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Spellcast functions like that work for me just fine, but I'm getting the error that spellcast can't find my files. They are placed in the spellcast folder like they were when I used windows 7. Any thoughts?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-05-04 15:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong directory?

Assuming they're in Windower4/plugins/Spellcast/ in .xml format, I can't think of anything else that'd stop them from working properly (though I'm running off no sleep and a long day at work, so I could just be braindead atm! :D).

Similarly, they need to be in the same Windower folder as your launcher (silly to mention, I know - but I've had people wonder why their 3.4 XML's in Documents weren't working for their Windower4 install in Program Files >_>;)
 Asura.Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2013-05-04 15:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah same folder. Thanks anyway... I'm at a loss too.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-05-04 16:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Curiousity.

Try //sc exportgear sctest.xml

and search for sctest and find out where it saves it to? Have no fear, you can't overwrite an existing xml in this fashion, sctest is just a unique name.

Edit: Also, you said

Asura.Tawhoya said: »
Spellcast functions like that work for me just fine, but I'm getting the error that spellcast can't find my files. They are placed in the spellcast folder like they were when I used windows 7. Any thoughts?

So I assume windows 8. Is windows 8 hiding extensions to known file types, like 7 and prior versions can be set to do?

Some text editors have a preferred file type, and if you save out of them, like "mine.xml", it actually names it "mine.xml.txt", but all you see is "mine.xml" (all instances appearing without the quotes).

To get around this, the easiest way is just to name the file with quotes. Saving a file as "bob.bgr" (again, with quotes) will save the file as bob.bgr.
 Asura.Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2013-05-04 18:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm out with the family for the night, but will definitely try that thanks. I'll update to satisfy your curiosity. And yes Windows 8. Not used to it yet, but I'm getting there.
 Asura.Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2013-05-04 22:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Curiousity.

Try //sc exportgear sctest.xml

and search for sctest and find out where it saves it to? Have no fear, you can't overwrite an existing xml in this fashion, sctest is just a unique name.

Edit: Also, you said

Asura.Tawhoya said: »

So I assume windows 8. Is windows 8 hiding extensions to known file types, like 7 and prior versions can be set to do?

Some text editors have a preferred file type, and if you save out of them, like "mine.xml", it actually names it "mine.xml.txt", but all you see is "mine.xml" (all instances appearing without the quotes).

To get around this, the easiest way is just to name the file with quotes. Saving a file as "bob.bgr" (again, with quotes) will save the file as bob.bgr.

You sir, are a genus! The file, regardless of how i renamed it, was saved as a txt file so I had to "save as" w/e name changing the file type below the name. It wouldn't let me use "" in the name, but I was able to find .xml type in the list.

Thanks again!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [237 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Dragonforce
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Dragonforce 2013-12-28 03:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant get my Utsusemi set to work it equips half the gear from UTSU and half from my ws set what did i do wrong?
Code
			<!--Magic-->
			<if Skill="Ninjutsu">
				<if spell="Utsusemi: Ni|Utsusemi: Ichi">
					<equip when="precast" set="UTSU" />
				</if>
				<elseif spell="Migawari*">
					<equip when="precast|aftercast">
						<body>Iga Ningi +2</body>
					</equip>
				</elseif>
				<else>
					<equip when="precast" set="NINJUTSU" />
				</else>
			</if>
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [96 days between previous and next post]
By Xnite 2014-04-03 07:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry for bump but didn't want to make a new thread.
have some questions about the castdelay rules.

For cure spells and nukes. do i need to input a set delay for my precast and midcast sets?Or it sets at a default?

here are a couple examples.

not sure which if any i should be using