Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM Stun Set
RDM Stun Set
 Shiva.Trixan
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2013-04-26 11:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently looking for the best builds for stun on RDM. Mostly looking for a set that deals with lowest recast first over magic acc etc. Any input would be helpful :) Also, average build advice would help too because limbus v2 and uncursing some legion gear cba :( . I have stun staff so that's a good start! Thanks for helping in advance.
 Shiva.Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2013-04-26 12:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I just remebered spellcast can be utilized. Any sets that hsve fast cast / haste and sets of magic acc would be great. Bump.
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
Server: Phoenix
user: Upbeat
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2013-04-26 16:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a few ideas:

ItemSet 293842
*Iaso Cuffs augmented with Haste+4%
Lowest recast: I would use something like this if I was stunning as soon as the recast is up and accuracy isn't an issue.

ItemSet 290728
*Dalmatica +1 augmented with Quickens+3% FC+6
*Moonshade augmented with Quickens+3%(If you're really crazy.)
*Iaso Tights augmented with Haste+4%
Max occ. quicken spellcast(+12%): I would use something like this if stun's recast/acc isn't that big of a deal.

ItemSet 298591
*Iaso Cuffs augmented with Haste+4%
Accuracy: if accuracy is an issue.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-04-26 16:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget about hyaline hat, same Fast Cast as Nares cap but with +10 Magic Accuracy as well. Eirene's manteel is decent piece as well with 10% Fast Cast.
[+]
 Shiva.Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2013-04-27 12:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the feedback! I'm mostly looking for fastest recast as possible. Is there a substitute for Iaso Cuffs?
 Valefor.Nugzkraka
Server: Valefor
user: nugzkraka
By Valefor.Nugzkraka 2013-04-27 12:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What will you be stunning?

My experience is that RDM has such low skill that trying to stun in Legion is very difficult. So having FC over MACC is not a good idea. But if you are doing it for anything that is easy to stun then sure I can see FC over MACC.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-27 12:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Trixan said: »
Thanks for the feedback! I'm mostly looking for fastest recast as possible. Is there a substitute for Iaso Cuffs?
Dusk +1
brego
alucinor
 Shiva.Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2013-04-27 12:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Nugzkraka said: »

My experience is that RDM has such low skill that trying to stun in Legion is very difficult. So having FC over MACC is not a good idea. But if you are doing it for anything that is easy to stun then sure I can see FC over MACC.

Well, this was for stunning in legion. However, I was under the assumption that thunderstorm would be up. Would you recommend magic acc and dark magic over fast cast or a mix of both?
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-04-27 12:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

More than half the legion mobs don't have much resistance against stun. I can stun most legion mobs fine on my whm/blm(w/ stun staff).

Wave2 Mantis, Hydra and Khim are the hard ones to stun, I believe. Better off leaving it to a SCH to stun those. If you have to RDM stun it, pop ES and wait for Death Prophet/Nerve Gas/Fulmination and hope it doesn't do it again.

I think the chair thing is hard to stun too, but he's pretty much harmless.
 Ragnarok.Trixan
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Trixan 2013-04-27 13:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
More than half the legion mobs don't have much resistance against stun. I can stun most legion mobs fine on my whm/blm(w/ stun staff).

Wave2 Mantis, Hydra and Khim are the hard ones to stun, I believe. Better off leaving it to a SCH to stun those. If you have to RDM stun it, pop ES and wait for Death Prophet/Nerve Gas/Fulmination and hope it doesn't do it again.

I think the chair thing is hard to stun too, but he's pretty much harmless.

To be honest, I'm just worrying about Mul. Aka, Mantis sucks ._.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-04-27 13:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Nugzkraka said: »

Keep in mind RDM can also merit Thunder Accuracy if needed. Not to mention there is a really nice amount Fast Cast/Haste gear out there that innately comes with Magic Accuracy.
 Valefor.Nugzkraka
Server: Valefor
user: nugzkraka
By Valefor.Nugzkraka 2013-04-27 13:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

We use a RDM in legion but they cure the kiting PLD and cast dia III/Para II on mobs being faught.

If you cannot get 3 SCH's to stun and have to use RDM in one of those slots then using a mixed set is ok for Ironclad's and Harpy's. But for Mantis and Naraka I would beef up the dark magic skill and macc.
 Shiva.Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2013-04-27 13:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 298574

This is my current set (aside from rubeus pants). Aside from orvail, is there another alternative?
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-04-27 14:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't tried it, but I have my doubts that any amount of macc gear could make rdm a reliable stunner against wave2 mantis. A SCH, with 100+ skill over RDM, still needs both macc gear and thunderstorm/khimaform to reliably stun mantis.

And you only need 2 SCHs if you bring enough DDs.

Also, Hasty Pinion has 1% haste on it. Witful belt has about 4.5% worth of haste(or a tad bit lower depending on how much haste magic you have on). A 5% haste belt should be a tad better, a 6+% haste belt would definitely be better.