Forum » FFXI » NMs » Shouting for Azdaja
Shouting for Azdaja
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2013-04-18 10:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone give me some advice on how to set up an Azdaja party by way of shout? Doesn't drop as many items as other NMs so I imagine it has to be low-manned. Is this possible with a pick up party?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-04-18 11:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You're either going to have to suck it up and not lock an item, or get people willing to help you. Good luck getting 2 or more people who all have to compete with one another for drops while you go uncontested.

What item are you going for?
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-04-18 11:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was on my stage for Azdaja Horns for Ochain, I got me and my Alt to farm Gold Chests for Pops and Brew 2 or 3 (if a friend had gotten a POP) and thats how I did mine. I could not get the KI from the one NM solo easily (cuz I suck and am a noob) but farmed gold chests solo enough. Sorry not too helpful and that my advice is only for my experience for Azdaja Horns. This may not be the case for you, but I still wish you the best of luck, Azdaja is a mean horrible beautiful dragon, that I would avoid at all costs if I could.
By itchi508 2013-04-18 11:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends what you are after, you can ffa Dagger, +2s or Horns.
Its easy has hell to make pops and easier to kill. Can spam him fast 5min at most per kill so if you want +2s then just split them you will build a party faster.

say kannagi nin, thf & decent whm. if you do 6-8 pops you all can get enough to be satisfied and do it in about a hour n 1/2. Keep whm out of party for hate reasons and tank from behind. a thf/nin + nin/war or nin/dnc will have no issues. GL
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
Server: Cerberus
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2013-04-18 11:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone. I'm going for the horns. Might be able to get ls help on some days for farming pops and fighting the NM but it's hard because my play time is very limited. If I went in and farmed gold chests, what's the best mob to build amber on? Which ones for the gold chests? I suppose when I shout, I could always share the horn drops. It'd be slower, but slower is better than not at all.
 Ragnarok.Sharain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sharain
By Ragnarok.Sharain 2013-04-18 11:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Possible low-man? Yes. Possible low-man pick up? Probably no. You could always try 2 people split coins and 2 people split horns I guess, that way you could have more people.

I think they fixed the dispelga that if you stun it, it won't dispel your cruor buffs (it used to, which was messed up). Keep whm outside party that they won't get slept by the wing move (or have them use Azdaja's atma, it puts a dot on you so no getting slept, but it's pretty heavy dot). Nin or thf/nin tank, since you'll need shadows. Tail-tank preferably, then it won't do the atma dispel tp move. Blu is very nice for stunning everything, but you probably have to make do with blm if you only have 3 people.

Edit: Wow, lots of replies while I was typing mine. :P
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-04-18 11:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Phyrefly said: »
Thanks everyone. I'm going for the horns. Might be able to get ls help on some days for farming pops and fighting the NM but it's hard because my play time is very limited. If I went in and farmed gold chests, what's the best mob to build amber on? Which ones for the gold chests? I suppose when I shout, I could always share the horn drops. It'd be slower, but slower is better than not at all.
I did the lil Clionoids for some odd reason. I did it on BLU and with THF alt.
By itchi508 2013-04-18 11:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Phyrefly said: »
I wouldnt recomend amber farming unless you plan to stay for hours, plus u need more people to aoe farm wile you kill and possibly ruin your lights if you ruby Azda. And that means more people lotting ***.

Aoe farm will only benefit you in the long run with say a group. like doin Aedge, Cata, CW or FC. Build lights n hope u get Extra KIs

Id just go out nin/war + whm duo & or pick up a thf.
honestly its faster to just farm NM for KI every 10-15 min