Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » DT set
DT set
By lugado 2013-04-17 21:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

so what does our ideal dt sets look like these days I've not been able to find one and was curious how out of date mine is
By Ophannus 2013-04-18 09:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Melee sub Idle Set:
30% PDT, 8/tick regen, 2/tick refresh, Auto-Reraise

ItemSet 297358

Mage sub Idle Set
24% PDT,10/tick regen, 3/tick refresh, Converts 5% damage into MP.
ItemSet 297361

Full DT set:
50% PDT, 33% MDT(Only needs 27%~ish with Shell V though) occasionally annuls physical damage(5%).

ItemSet 297360

These sets assume you have -2% PDT on those Black Earrings and 6%PDT/6%MDT on both Dark Rings.
By Freakshow17303 2013-04-23 12:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok Stupid question. on the black earring where do you get the augments? I've looked on wiki and BG and it doesn't say where they are from?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-23 12:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a quest in aby vunkerl, the npc camp near funguars(sorry forgot conflux, it's where Sippoy roams).
 Valefor.Philemon
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2013-04-23 17:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

How are you getting those regen/refresh values?
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2013-04-23 18:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Philemon said: »
How are you getting those regen/refresh values?

Twilight Helm: 2hp/tick
Ares Cuirass +1: 2hp and 2mp/tick
Wiglen Gorget: 3hp/tick
Sheltered Ring: 1hp/tick
Paguriodea Ring: 2hp/tick
Ogiers Breeches + Ogiers Leggings: 1mp/tick
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2013-04-23 18:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Somehow I didn't know Wiglen was 3 hp/tic. Been living under a rock apparently. Thanks for explaining.
By lugado 2013-04-23 19:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

another option when you /mage is the oneiros grip for an extra regen tick and the refresh it's not a bad choice to keep a refresh going mind you I play more defensively when /mage
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-04-25 11:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

PDT
ItemSet 280706
Hits -50% PDT, ~5% absorb on helm, ~5% nullification on the mantle, and -2% enemy crit on the gobbet. Requires -2% PDT on both dark earrings, and -6% PDT on the dark ring. I also like the enmity/accuracy on Dux feet/legs + phorcys feet so that you aren't completely throwing accuracy and mob enmity control out the window.

MDT
ItemSet 285036
Hits 25% MDT, 13% nullification, 14 MDB (+5 MDB augment on blood cuisses), +7 magic evasion from blood cuisses augment, ~5.8% absorb rate from cape, ~5% absorb rate from nocturnus mail, phorcys mitts for the 9 INT.
[+]
By Ophannus 2013-04-25 12:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The good thing about my set is it gives 50% PDT/25%MDT in one set and conserves inventory. Your sets, while higher performance, include pieces that are extremely difficult to obtain now like Nocturnus, or are inventory intensive like the pebble/stone/stud/static earring.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-04-25 12:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

OP asked for ideal sets, so I gave him the best the game currently has to offer (and are well worth the time, in my opinion). The whole point of getting the best pieces is that it allows you to incorporate more nullification/absorb, which are often life-savers, or at the least reduce stress on your support.

These two sets, along with the relevant stardiver/drakesbane/AM3up/AM3down sets all fit into 79 inventory spaces, with the 80th for food. You don't have to worry about AM3 down TP sets if you don't have mythic, so that's spare inventory anyway. If your event requires you to have even more inventory for whatever reason, just move your food or the least valuable pieces to your mog satchel (things like iron gobbet for starters).

Ophannus said: »
The good thing about my set is it gives 50% PDT/25%MDT in one set and conserves inventory.

Swap in Ogier's helm in the PDT set I provided and you have 50% PDT, along with 28% MDT.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-25 12:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Wardeniii said: »
If your event requires you to have even more inventory for whatever reason
Maybe the drops?
 Sylph.Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-04-25 12:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Maybe the drops?

Sylph.Wardeniii said: »
If your event requires you to have even more inventory for whatever reason, just move your food or the least valuable pieces to your mog satchel
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-25 12:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If it leaves no room it is not ideal.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-04-25 12:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not think I can make this any more clear. If you need to obtain an item, move some of the less important items to your mog satchel.

There are many days where you will do something like Arch-Odin or Legion, and none of the items you are commenting/etc. will drop, and thus you will not even need any inventory in the first place.

I cannot really put into words how surprised I am that this is even a concern.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-04-25 12:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can't move a few things to your sack/satchel in 5 minutes, you have other problems
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-04-25 13:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If there's any need for ACC while using a PDT set, Why not Ogier's breeches, over dux? Drop 1 def, gain 20 acc.

In the MDT set. DRG can't wear mujin stud. Personally, I wouldn't take a Static earring over an ethereal. Not that I /mage solo much, anymore.

Nierenschutz over lieutenant's sash? 1% more, and it's DT. While you may or may not need that to cap. I'd take the more potent option, for times when I don't have shellraV.
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2013-04-25 13:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So can I get a hybrid set for all jobs? I'm not looking to move gear around so if you could give me ~70 slots for all jobs I'd appreciate it. Nothing too hard obtain though, wouldn't want to stress myself. Thanks for posting relevant information but I'm looking for those in between non-ideal sets that are so easy to nail down.

Edit - Sorry Austar, I failed at sarcasm. Added italics
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-04-25 13:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 298429

I assume you mean hybrid mdt/pdt? Just two dark rings 6 mdt and pdt, idk why it only shows one. other jobs can't really hybrid very well.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-04-25 13:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
If there's any need for ACC while using a PDT set, Why not Ogier's breeches, over dux? Drop 1 def, gain 20 acc.

In the MDT set. DRG can't wear mujin stud. Personally, I wouldn't take a Static earring over an ethereal. Not that I /mage solo much, anymore.

Nierenschutz over lieutenant's sash? 1% more, and it's DT. While you may or may not need that to cap. I'd take the more potent option, for times when I don't have shellraV.

Herp on the Mujin stud, thanks -- typo on my part. You're obviously right about nierenschutz as well.