AfterColony: A Colonization LS.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » AfterColony: a Colonization LS.
AfterColony: a Colonization LS.
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2013-04-12 23:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking for members for an Adoulin focused LS: AfterColony.

If you're interested in or want to learn more about Adoulin content, don't have a history of being a thieving sh*tlord, and would be willing or able to make planned event times, you're welcome here.

If your gear isn't so great it's not such a big deal as long as you're -willing- to learn and improve.

Currently our main event times are scheduled for Monday/Wednesday/Friday at 8:00PM EST. Once we have enough heads to form a consistent group we'll be looking to aim for Delve Bosses, Naakual kills, Legion clears, and Provenance Radiance farms.

All jobs are welcome, but some are more needed and necessary than others. Here are our primary needs:

PLD (Aegis or Ochain)
Relic RNG
BRD

WHM
COR

Competent DDs
[+]
 Odin.Hirokei
Server: Odin
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-04-12 23:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It is the year After Colony 195, and war between the Space Colonies and Earth has begun...
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2013-04-12 23:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

My thoughts exactly.
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2013-04-12 23:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What can I say? I'm a nerd.
 Fenrir.Ruebyy
Server: Fenrir
user: Ruebyy
By Fenrir.Ruebyy 2013-04-12 23:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

u spelled boss wrong
[+]
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Server: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-04-13 00:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you use this as your theme song?

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-04-13 00:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

This sounds like a great concept both from the standpoint of spreading Adoulin knowledge and running a linkshell. I really hope you get enough people to make it work out!
[+]
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2013-04-13 00:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I was gonna reference the vana'dielian year and that war between adventurers and nature has begun, but I thought people wouldn't get the joke...

I seem to have underestimated you guys lol.
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2013-04-24 17:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Well in light of recent events, I need to make an alteration to my OP.

AfterColony is now focused on Bayld Farming and Wildskeeper Reives, and will have some set times for group farming and Naakuals.

I recently went to a pick-up Colkhab run and witnessed how much of a nightmare it could be without a decent, central organizer. Also, due to no planned events and people not wanting to stick around and see if others will join, the number of people on at any given time is too fluid.

The "class" problem is an issue as well. I planned on the ls being open for everyone and info being passed around, but some people haven't really adjusted to the idea of no competition or hiding "strategies". Really? Really. The well geared hate "gimps" and the not so well geared hate "elitists". On top of that, some unsavory and shady people have gotten their hands on the pearl through my policy of letting people distribute it freely. All of which contributes to why there just aren't many people on at once.

I'm purging the ls and reforming it with a little more structure reflected in my edited OP.
 Leviathan.Golovko
Server: Leviathan
user: coldbrand
By Leviathan.Golovko 2013-05-04 20:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be interested in joining. /tell me If I don't reply immediately I will eventually.
 Leviathan.Ayrlie
Server: Leviathan
user: Kimmy78
By Leviathan.Ayrlie 2013-05-06 13:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Been farming Bayld on SMN during the Reives. I took a short break to do the Leviathan path of the Magian trial staves, I want to abuse Spring Water at the butterfly spot instead of Whispering Wind. However, I work a FT job that is rotating shifts so most end game stuff is out.
 Seraph.Vladrek
Server: Seraph
user: Vladrek
By Seraph.Vladrek 2013-05-11 19:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm interested in joining. I recently returned to the game a month ago after a very long layoff, so I am still working on bringing my gear and jobs up to speed, I've yet to do anything really in Adoulin, but the times you listed for your events are perfect for my schedule. if interested in giving me a shot send me a /tell in game. Vladrek
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2013-05-22 11:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump.

I get a fair amount of tells in game about this thread, so I'll address it here. I'm sorry, but 3/5 Emp+1 and full time Twilight is not a passable DD.

We're still trying to get a good base after our change of goals, people show up and don't fit in because I like a modicum of competency.

For example, DDs. I don't want to sound like my standards are too high, because all I expect are acceptable TP/WS sets and a decent PDT set. It's 2013 and yes a PDT set should be standard issue for every job in this game, and especially for melee.

Yes I am more lenient on mages and back line jobs' gear because they're more flexible (and rare) and DD are a dime a dozen. With a little screening I can shout for a competent DD and find someone passable, so if you want to make yourself more useful, you should consider having a WHM/SCH/RDM/COR/BRD/SMN leveled and ready to go until your DDs aren't outdone by a couple /yells.

Now on to what I'm looking for:

We're sitting on 3 Relic RNGs and I'd like at least 3 more to arrow burn some things. We have two Relic or Emp shield PLDs and would love to add at least one more. Any decent backline jobs are welcome. We're looking for at least one more competent Healer and really need two more BRDs, no durdurblah required.

DDs that impress me with at least a mediocre pdt set will fit in better.
[+]
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2013-06-14 19:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump.

Still looking for members. Slight goal change also reflected in OP.

Looking to do some Provenance Radiance spams and Legion clears on top of Delve/Naakauls.
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2013-06-19 11:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump.