New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » New Adoulin Gear
New Adoulin Gear
First Page 2 3 4
By Ophannus 2013-03-30 13:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Just in case some DRGs out there didn't notice(the ones who did, disregard this), the new Leg/Feet pieces which you can buy with Bayld are pretty much best in slot for Stardiver(especially the feet, since they offer STP which may allow you to 2x Pyrosoul Ring instead of Rajas, or ease up a tiny bit of your STP in your TP set if you decide to keep Rajas in)

^Beats AF3+2 legs by a wide margin. (STR+7 and Attack+2)

^Beats perfectly augmented Heca+1. (DEX+7 Accuracy+6 STP+5)
(Assuming you get Attack+6 Polearm+4 which ~10 Attack/~4Acc

You acquire these pieces by getting 33,000 Balyd. Bayld is acquired through quests(200~1000) or by doing Rieves(0~3k+ each). Takes about 5-10 hours total to get both pieces.
[+]
By Lolakitty 2013-03-30 14:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-30 14:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't you get STR+4 on heca+1 along with att/polearm skill? Which makes them pretty close, albeit these are much cheaper (see:free) and easier to attain than perfect augs. And I guess then the STP makes these wins, but it's by a very small margin.
By Ophannus 2013-03-30 14:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

STR+4 6 Attack and 4 Polearm skill is ~ equivalent to:

STR11 DEX4 Attack9 Acc3

Hecatomb+1 is significantly weaker, more expensive, and harder to obtain than Karieyh Sollerets. In 45 Tatter attempts, the closest I ever got to 'perfect' augments for DRG was STR+4 Scythe Skill+3 Attack+6.

The +11 DEX and 10 acc combined is about 18 acc. Heca+1 is only 4 DEX, 4 polearm skill, about 7 acc. So the new feet add roughly 10 more acc to Stardiver over Heca, which is always welcome(especially in endgame where acc probably wont be capped without at least one SV Madrigal).

The feet are also pretty much the best for Drakesbane(I say this because I'm assuming that 99% of DRGs even most with Ryunohige can't afford the ~300m pricetag of Huginn Gambieras for now). These also double as a decent vanilla Jump piece for when Wyvern is down as well as probably the best 2 pieces in slot for Sonic Thrust and Camlann's Torment.
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2013-03-31 08:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Karieyh Moufles are also a step up as a hand piece if you had been using Brego gloves beforehand.

33 Def, 14 Dex, 14 Vit, 4% Haste, 10 Accuracy.

------------

In regards to the pants. Do you think the the Karieyh Brayette's beat Lancer's Cuissots +2 for Drakesbane?
By Darrt 2013-03-31 08:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lancer Cuissots +2 have crit dmg+10%. Nothing currently beats them for drakes
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-03-31 08:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on what the augments are like for a fully level inventers coalition as I doubt that the augments will stay as just hp and mp.
By Darrt 2013-03-31 08:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hence the "currently" in my previous post.
 Odin.Rikiyame
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2013-03-31 09:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Do these get augments like the Thurandaut Gloves?

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/70380
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-03-31 09:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That post was to the original question not your post Darrt.
 Leviathan.Anonymous
Server: Leviathan
user: Caketime
By Leviathan.Anonymous 2013-03-31 09:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooh, shoes and pants for Ruinator. Do want.
By Darrt 2013-03-31 15:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, sorry if i sounded snarky.
By inkaru 2013-04-01 21:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

To reiterate what Ophannus was saying, I computed the WS damage difference for the following sets:

Before Adoulin

ItemSet 294965

WS Dmg: 2699

After Adoulin

ItemSet 294966

WS Dmg: 2791

The damage was computed assuming /sam with Hasso, but no buffs (COR, WHM, BRD, ...).

Please ask if you would like more details on particular set comparisons.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-04 08:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The helmet for the set is also quite good for Drakesbane depending on buffs. Although it doesn't beat Drachenhorn.
By Ophannus 2013-04-04 09:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this was an issue for THF at 75, but isn't it true that if you SA or WS in Heca gear it slows your DoT since the slow% is calculated into your next attack round after the WS. So if you WS in full heca, your next swing is delayed by that slow gear? Anyway what I'm driving at is did the slow6% on heca feet affect our first swing after a Stardiver and if so, it makes Karieyh even better
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-04 09:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Does that apply for WS? I know it did for sata cause sata is a normal melee swing that gets mods from the JA's but a ws is a bit different no?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-04-04 10:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
I know this was an issue for THF at 75, but isn't it true that if you SA or WS in Heca gear it slows your DoT since the slow% is calculated into your next attack round after the WS. So if you WS in full heca, your next swing is delayed by that slow gear? Anyway what I'm driving at is did the slow6% on heca feet affect our first swing after a Stardiver and if so, it makes Karieyh even better
THF had that Issue on SA/TA cause those are just normal Melee hits with a JA buff UP. So yeah, slow+ gear sucks on SA/TA. But WS != Melee hit.

Pretty sure that a WS works just like a JA. Adds 2 seconds of JA delay, then Melee timer resumes based on last melee hit haste. As long a a melee round doesn't go off in that Slow, then it shouldn't affect anything. Which shouldn't happen, since you've got 2 seconds post ws to get PT gear on again before the melee timer even resumes.

You're actually more likely to have that kinda problem with a melee round firing while in post WS breath gear, durng a high haste situation. Personally, I disable post WS breath gear whenever I have Marches or embrava.
By Ophannus 2013-04-04 12:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Post WS breath gear? Do you mean to say that you aftercast in Wyrm Armet/Lancer's Torque/Glassblower's Belt?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-04-04 13:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If I aftercasted in them I'd end up TP'ing them. <,<;

I set a 0.7 midcast delay and equip breath gear on the midcast. Then set a 1.8 aftercast delay. At lower haste levels(haste spell+25% gear.) this gets you an enhanced elemental breath then swaps back to TP gear before melee continues.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-04-04 13:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus Marty.....

Even before I retired drg, I'd have said that's taking it a bit far lol.
By Ophannus 2013-04-04 13:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you pastebin your drg.xml or paste the part of the script showing how to do that? Sounds useful for those of us who wanna squeeze every last dps out of the job.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-04-04 14:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Under WS rules.
Code
		<castdelay delay="0.2" />
		<midcastdelay delay="0.7" />
		<if MainJobLVLLT="99">
			<if MainJobLVLLT="47" Spell="Stardiver|Drakesbane|Sonic Thrust">
				<ChangeSpell Spell="Double Thrust"/>
			</if>
			<elseif MainJobLVLLT="75" Spell="Stardiver|Drakesbane|Sonic Thrust">
				<ChangeSpell Spell="Penta Thrust"/>
			</elseif>
			<elseif MainJobLVLLT="97" Spell="Stardiver">
				<ChangeSpell Spell="Drakesbane"/>
			</elseif>
		</if>
		<if SubJob="SAM|NIN|WAR|THF|DNC" notBuffactive="Spirit Surge" PetIsValid="True">
			<if NotBuffactive="Embrava|March">
				<aftercastdelay delay="1.8"/>
				<equip when="Midcast" Set="Melee">
					<head>Wyrm Armet +2</head>
					<neck>Lancer's Torque</neck>
					<lear>Dragoon's Earring</lear>
					<waist>Glassblower's Belt</waist>
				</equip>
			</if>
		</if>
As a bonus, you get my WS lvl cap rule. lol. Not that it sees much use these days.

btw, I did see your PM. I guess since I covered the XML bit here, I just finish up the jump questions in the pm.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-04-04 14:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you pastebin your drg.xml

There isn't enough space on the internet to fit it D:
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-04-04 14:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Can you pastebin your drg.xml

There isn't enough space on the internet to fit it D:
Currently 1478 lines long! It's such a damn mess. Needs a good rewriting. But it's an effective mess. lol
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-04 15:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Surely your pld one is longer though right?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-04-04 15:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

well yeah. PLD's at 2.2k lines. soooo much situational ***. <,< Also a lot of outdated stuff that doesn't see much use. But once I've added functionality, I'm reluctant to remove it, even if it's not being used much.
 Sylph.Nazantia
Server: Sylph
user: Nazantia
By Sylph.Nazantia 2013-04-07 10:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

New poles vs OAT? {Chanar Xyston}?
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-04-07 11:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

And also vs Herja's Fork? Using Stardiver of course...
 Fenrir.Othilda
Server: Fenrir
user: Othilda
By Fenrir.Othilda 2013-04-29 13:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ihm said: »
The helmet for the set is also quite good for Drakesbane depending on buffs. Although it doesn't beat Drachenhorn.

To make it a lil more simple...lets assume you have access to any gear in the game (including the spendy hexed feet)...

Would Karieyh Haubert and Karieyh Morion beat out Drachenhorn and Phorcys Korazin? This is referring to the Drakesbane WS with the mythic.

I'm not so worried about the bodies, since I have access to both, but trying to get the Drachenhorn has been a pain. ><

Thanks for any info! ^^
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-29 13:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Othilda said: »
Siren.Ihm said: »

To make it a lil more simple...lets assume you have access to any gear in the game (including the spendy hexed feet)...

Would Karieyh Haubert and Karieyh Morion beat out Drachenhorn and Phorcys Korazin? This is referring to the Drakesbane WS with the mythic.

I'm not so worried about the bodies, since I have access to both, but trying to get the Drachenhorn has been a pain. ><

Thanks for any info! ^^

ItemSet 298835

Thats my current set (Since I didn't want to remake it to show you the best set). Drachenhorn and Huginn Gamb would be better than what I have there. When you have lots of attack buffs, then Wanion belt and Light Gorget. On higher tier stuff like Legion, you want AF3+2 body and Caudata Belt instead of Wanion Belt.
First Page 2 3 4