Binding Keys for dual Boxing
 Fenrir.Ibelin
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Ibelin
By Fenrir.Ibelin 2013-02-21 22:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys,

I'm recently back from a long time break and have some serious catching up to do on my main. I have 2 extra accounts from a friend that doesn't play anymore and so I am using them to help get caught up on empy gears. I've just been running 3 windows on my PC and Alt-tabing between the 3 when I need to do something (typically running a nin, thf and a whm). I can do plenty of stuff well enough but it is really kind of difficult to manage effectively and I find that sometimes I get a bit overwhelmed on mobs that really shouldn't be too much of an issue. My question is, is there a way for me to setup some of the G keys on my G15 keyboard to be bound to macro's on a specific character. For example, can I bind G1 to a cure macro from my WHM onto my NIN, that way I can cure myself without having to tab to my WHM's window from my tank window (which I prefer to be the top window)?

tl:dr
How do I bind keys to macros not in the primary window? And any other windower multi-boxing tips welcome!

Thanks~!
 Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Haxxor
By Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor 2013-02-21 22:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ibelin said: »
How do I bind keys to macros not in the primary window? And any other windower multi-boxing tips welcome!
DualSend does that. try FFXI Switch Monitor for e z instance change

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2013-02-22 02:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ibelin said: »
Hey guys,

I'm recently back from a long time break and have some serious catching up to do on my main. I have 2 extra accounts from a friend that doesn't play anymore and so I am using them to help get caught up on empy gears. I've just been running 3 windows on my PC and Alt-tabing between the 3 when I need to do something (typically running a nin, thf and a whm). I can do plenty of stuff well enough but it is really kind of difficult to manage effectively and I find that sometimes I get a bit overwhelmed on mobs that really shouldn't be too much of an issue. My question is, is there a way for me to setup some of the G keys on my G15 keyboard to be bound to macro's on a specific character. For example, can I bind G1 to a cure macro from my WHM onto my NIN, that way I can cure myself without having to tab to my WHM's window from my tank window (which I prefer to be the top window)?

tl:dr

Thanks~!

You just have to setup a .txt file for each character that binds your G-keys like normal. The way I do it on my g510 is the 3 macro buttons at the top of my G-keys each are used for separate character commands. so my M1G1-18 are my nin, my M2g1-18 are my brd, and my M3G1-18 are my thf, for example. Once I have executed each one of those text files that bind my G-keys those commands will fire when I push the appropriate g key, no matter that instance I am in.

You can even set up 2 different actions on the same button like so...

Character1.txt:

alias g510_m1g1 exec ninjaslow2.txt

Character2.txt:

alias g510_m1g1 exec bardelegy.txt

That way when I hit the m1g1 key both characters execute a different action, but both actions can compliment each other ;p.

Use the new binder plugin, it is compatable with a lot more of logitechs hardware, if you are useing the old G15Binder.dll, get rid of it.

Also I know I know spellcast, autexec blah blah blah. XML has me cowering in the corner like a little girl.
 Fenrir.Ibelin
Server: Fenrir
user: Ibelin
By Fenrir.Ibelin 2013-02-22 10:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the advice... looking forward to getting this set up. (;'-')b
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2013-02-23 04:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use my method be sure to organize your scripts into sub folders off your main scripts folder or you are going to be looking at a confusing mess the more intricate you get with this.