Forum » Windower » Support » Promblem with game
Promblem with game
 Sylph.Mesheef
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2013-02-21 16:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just built a new PC, had my old hard drive though with FFXI already installed from about march of last year. Pre-windower fail with react .dll and so on.

I changed the recast.dll and was able to log in but all characters, myself, moogle, npc, other players are invisible. now granted that helps with loading time but I would like to be able to see some people. I am getting the names above everyone, npc, myself and other players, but literally everyone is invisible.
 Sylph.Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2013-02-21 16:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Even logged in without windower and everyone is still invisible
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-02-21 16:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

ran a file verification check ?
 Sylph.Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2013-02-21 16:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
ran a file verification check ?
not for ffxi, I couldn't find the location to do it, I did the PoL one not that it is the problem though.
 Asura.Yomisha
Server: Asura
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Yomisha 2013-02-21 16:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's in the same location as the POL one, just have to click ffxi instead of play online. :o Also many others have been having this problem, searching the forums might be faster at getting an answer.
 Carbuncle.Smint
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Smint 2013-02-21 16:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a few threads who had similar issues with invisible pcs/npcs - HALP! FFXI all the chars are invis <,< (couple of links in that)

Those ones (or at least one) had to do with Intel HD 4000 graphics though i think. wish you luck
 Bismarck.Lucried
Server: Bismarck
user: Lucried
By Bismarck.Lucried 2013-02-21 17:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

if you've put in a different graphic card. that could also be the problem. which is what seems to be the case considering you just built that one. id suggest trying different drivers. probably older ones. depending on card.
 Sylph.Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2013-02-21 17:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lucried said: »
if you've put in a different graphic card. that could also be the problem. which is what seems to be the case considering you just built that one. id suggest trying different drivers. probably older ones. depending on card.

i guess I forgot to mention, same GPU as well, so let me rephrase, new Motherboard, processor and ram, thats it. mobo came with a disk for drivers that I installed before turning on the game.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-02-21 17:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

is this a fresh windows installation after the new mobo got in the rig ?
 Sylph.Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2013-02-21 17:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
is this a fresh windows installation after the new mobo got in the rig ?

no i ran win 7 before was just upgrading from a DDR2 mobo to a DDR3 finally, used same hdd/os as the ddr2 pc

let me give out my specs, no laughing either, this is a huge upgrade from what I was working with

intel celeron 550 LGA 1155 dual core 2.6ghz cpu w/ 2mb l3 cache

mushkin silverline 4gb ram x2

gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2H LGA 1155 intel H6 2xDDR3 mATX

geforce gtx 8600

Edit: just went to device manager and ran a check on the graphics driver, came back saying the driver is up to date, went ahead to look and see if possibly I had too new of a driver update in the rollback but the rollback option was not highlighted/available