Forum » Windower » Support » Visual C+++ Runtime Error on windower
Visual C+++ Runtime Error on windower
 Siren.Ayiden
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Ayiden
By Siren.Ayiden 2013-01-30 13:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting a visual C+++ runtime error at random times with using windower, I've re installed pol, I have no plug ins active nor trying to turn on on boot up and I have no idea why im getting this error, anyone know how to fix or stop it?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-01-30 14:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

When did it start? After the update? The only time I've seen this is due to trying to use new gear with Spellcast, but it could be a default windower issue as well since it's caused by the resources being out of date, do you ever crash with vanilla pol?
 Odin.Naytan
Server: Odin
user: Naytan
By Odin.Naytan 2013-01-30 14:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I get this issue sometimes when logging on mules. I'll be on one character then logoff normally, then when i switch to a mule it crashes when the game loads. I think it is an issue with memory resources, because it doesn't happen when I reconnect and log in back and forth between mules, but I can almost be sure it will happen if I have been logged in for a long period of time, afk or not.
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-30 15:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah needs more info
+++
 Siren.Ayiden
By Siren.Ayiden 2013-01-30 20:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

No normal pol is fine, its only when on windower and like I said new file and everything just crashs with that error and im guess it started after the update, I just came back to the game and never had this problem with windower before
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-01-30 20:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

First things first, be sure to check your init file for any rogue plugins and watch your windower start and do it's load thing to see what all it does do. If you're absolutely certain that no plugins are loaded and it's crashing, and it never crashes with vanilla pol, then it's pretty much limited to windower and its resources. Check resources and be sure they are up to date, if they are then I'm unsure of what it could be. You mentioned new file, you mean windower was freshly downloaded?
 Siren.Ayiden
By Siren.Ayiden 2013-01-30 21:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

yes i just redownloaded windower and pol hoping it would fix the problem, and yes no plugs are trying to load.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-01-30 22:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Kk, I guess confirm the resources are updated. This includes the resources.xml in the plugins folder as well as all the individual xmls in the resources folder(which is inside the plugins folder).

After that, the only thing I have is try to see if there is a pattern to the random crashes. Zones, actions in game, actions outside of the game, crap that has a tendency to interfer with things such as antivirus software? Tbh, I don't have many ideas after that.
 Bahamut.Tokidoki
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Tokidoki 2013-01-30 22:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Naytan said: »
I get this issue sometimes when logging on mules. I'll be on one character then logoff normally, then when i switch to a mule it crashes when the game loads. I think it is an issue with memory resources, because it doesn't happen when I reconnect and log in back and forth between mules, but I can almost be sure it will happen if I have been logged in for a long period of time, afk or not.

Same thing was happening to me and I noticed it was happening whenever the blinkmenot script that shows your settings would pop up. I took blinkmenot out of my init file, then when I play my main I just manually //load blinkmenot. So far so good.
 Odin.Naytan
Server: Odin
user: Naytan
By Odin.Naytan 2013-01-31 06:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tokidoki said: »
Odin.Naytan said: »

Same thing was happening to me and I noticed it was happening whenever the blinkmenot script that shows your settings would pop up. I took blinkmenot out of my init file, then when I play my main I just manually //load blinkmenot. So far so good.
I had problems with blinkmenot a while back, and it is no longer in my init, and I never really even load it anymore either.