Forum » Windower » General » Windower crashes after switching from play online
Windower crashes after switching from play online
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-01-20 18:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So I reinstalled ffxi and got that to work. Windower though crashes on the screen when it transfers from play online to final fantasy.

I did download a new windower. If I recall isisnt this what happened last update with the spell cast? And they updated it? If so I am guessing I have to uninstall spellcast as its not in the windower program yet?

Or do you think its another problem?
By Jetackuu 2013-01-20 18:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd try it first with all plugins unloaded on startup, see if it works, if it doesn't then you'll have to narrow down something else, if it does, then a plugin is bad, I guess the only way to tell which one would be to load them 1 at a time, and or update them all.
 Asura.Apademak
Server: Asura
By Asura.Apademak 2013-01-20 19:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently installed FFXI on our Alienware and could not figure out for the life of us why it kept doing that. Searched all over the interwebz and saw someone suggested redownloading the hook.dll(can be found on the windower front page). That didn't work for me. Downloading Recast.dll(windower website also) has always worked for me previously since it tends to have a lot of updates. But what worked for me this time was by downloading the DrawDistance.dll. So try those things and see where it gets you.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [81 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-04-11 14:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

i have random crashes at the blu/purple login screen where windowed actually start to load plug in
this is just after pol have startet ffxi

i havent narrow it down to anything yet. it can be the first instance i'm starting and the last of 4 games instances

windower 4 btw

--- edit ---
DOH necro >.<