New PC Windower Not Working.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » New PC Windower not working.
New PC Windower not working.
 Bismarck.Dreadnot
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2013-01-20 18:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah that's the one. After I had verified the one from filehippo was safe I just kept using it as it was easier to find then microsofts.

I keep it on my secondary HD now with all my other 'fresh install' files.
 Valefor.Neokenesis
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2013-01-20 18:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I sent you a PM with my skype username. Add me and let's try get this done asap.
By Jetackuu 2013-01-20 18:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dreadnot said: »
yeah that's the one. After I had verified the one from filehippo was safe I just kept using it as it was easier to find then microsofts.

I keep it on my secondary HD now with all my other 'fresh install' files.

since I started using ninite, I got rid of most of those files.

although I should probably go back to it, as sometimes I don't like the newer versions of software...
 Ragnarok.Pockettaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jacob246
By Ragnarok.Pockettaru 2013-01-21 01:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

same thing is happening to me on window's 8 :O! So if anyone could help.. Ive read this post done everything ppl suggest but still crashes when I load the game up ;/. I am not very PC savvy I just want to play 11 at school <,<; lol
 Asura.Tattersail
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tattersail 2013-01-21 04:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kommission said: »
Plugins aren't loaded until after the game is launched, why do you guys keep telling him to update plugins? He isn't even able to get that far. I can try to troubleshoot via Teamviewer if you want to at some point today, it would be a waste of time to keep performing checklist operations between posts.

My windower crashed. I ran as administrator, still crashed before even loading up. Downloaded Recast, replaced. Started it up and it worked.
That is why I suggested it.
 Phoenix.Hapa
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-22 17:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tattersail said: »
Cerberus.Kommission said: »
Plugins aren't loaded until after the game is launched, why do you guys keep telling him to update plugins? He isn't even able to get that far. I can try to troubleshoot via Teamviewer if you want to at some point today, it would be a waste of time to keep performing checklist operations between posts.

My windower crashed. I ran as administrator, still crashed before even loading up. Downloaded Recast, replaced. Started it up and it worked.
That is why I suggested it.

Tried this, also tried just deleting all the plugins. neither worked.
By Jetackuu 2013-01-22 18:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

so I take it as you're still having issues?
By Norym 2013-01-22 18:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologies if it has already been brought up, but the problem is probably the Alienware skinning software I see in your screenshot. Two of my linkshell friends have Alienware laptops and disabling/uninstalling the skin software fixed it for them, it may be worth trying for you.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2013-01-22 18:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, it's best to disable all software but what you're running.

personally I go into msconfig and disable a lot of programs from running with windows (and services too). Then again when I get a machine I wipe the thing clean, and I'd never buy an alienware...

good to know that their crapware can cause issues aside from being pointless memory hogs.
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-23 07:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Norym said: »
Apologies if it has already been brought up, but the problem is probably the Alienware skinning software I see in your screenshot. Two of my linkshell friends have Alienware laptops and disabling/uninstalling the skin software fixed it for them, it may be worth trying for you.

awesome, mind telling me how to go about disabling the skin? haha i so hope that is the only problem.
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-23 10:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Norym said: »

3 words...... I Love You.... it works now. *** alienware and breed theme! omg it works. ty so much.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2013-01-23 10:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

and this is what you get for buying overpriced overhyped junk...

I'll chalk that to the memory though.
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2013-01-23 10:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Hapa said: »
3 words...... I Love You.... it works now. *** alienware and breed theme! omg it works. ty so much.

It's probably not Alienware specifically - AFAIK they use Windowblinds for their appearance mod, which can have issues no matter what PC you put it on. I had issues with it and FFXI when I tried it like 6-7 years ago.