Forum » FFXI » General » I can not find my registry
I can not find my registry
 Carbuncle.Whittle
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Whittle
By Carbuncle.Whittle 2013-01-11 23:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently downloaded the free trial version to come back to the game with a new character. When attempting to maximize the graphics using the registry, I cannot locate it!

There is simply no HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\FinalFantasyXI .

In fact, there is no PlayOnline, SquareEnix, or FinalFantasyXI folders located anywhere using regedit.

I've read in a few places that something similar happens when downloading through Steam.

I tried using the Windower GUI to the best of my ability to adjust the settings, but when I click the "Import Current Settings" button, I get a window stating "Registry key does not exist."

Has anyone experienced this or something similar? Is there any way to locate the registry or another way to adjust the settings?
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2013-01-11 23:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

What version of Windows are you using? If it's a 64-bit version, FFXI's entries will be in the Wow6432Node section (probably the last thing listed under Software) because it's a 32-bit application. I believe the Windower GUI launcher has a checkbox for x64 to redirect it in that case.
 Carbuncle.Whittle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Whittle
By Carbuncle.Whittle 2013-01-12 00:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Isiolia! I am using Windows 7 64 bit, so it was in the Wow6432Node section.