Macro Timing?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Macro Timing?
Macro Timing?
 Phoenix.Belgaer
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Belgaer
By Phoenix.Belgaer 2013-01-09 13:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to use Windower Macros to make a single macro for timing out a 6 part skillchain during Azure Lore and I can't seem to get it to work at all. First off, the Waits are too high and it's killing the skillchain when I get to the JAs. I thought if I increased the waits to 3, the chain would stop skipping lines, but it still skips. The problem starts with the 4th or 5th line and just goes downhill from there, skipping over both spells and JAs randomly. Can anyone please tell me what am I doing wrong??

By the way, the timing is fine outside of combat, but never works while actually fighting something.

Or would spellcast work better, maybe? Is there a way to make a line keep trying to redo the input until the recast is down (to ensure it actually goes off, rather than just skipping on to the next one)?

Code
input /ja "Azure Lore" <me>;
wait 3;
input /ma "Benthic Typhoon" <t>;
wait 3;
input /ma "Quadrastrike" <t>;
wait 3;
input /ma "Goblin Rush" <t>;
wait 3;
input /ws "Requiescat" <t>;
wait 3;
input /ja "Efflux" <me>;
wait 3;
input /ma "Quad. Continuum" <t>;
wait 3;
input /ja "Unbridled Learning" <me>;
wait 3;
input /ma "Bloodrake" <t>;
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-01-09 13:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as you get the timing perfect, it should work.
But it's way more reliable to just do it atleast partially manually.
 Shiva.Arana
Server: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-01-09 13:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't it be more feasible to use aftercast to do this? Such as:

<if spell="Benthic Typhoon">
<action type="command" when="aftercast">input /ma "Quadrastrike"</action>
</if>
<if spell="Quadrastrike">
<action type="command" when="aftercast">input /ma "Goblin Rush"</action>
</if>

I could be wrong though.
 Phoenix.Belgaer
By Phoenix.Belgaer 2013-01-09 13:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

See, the problem I'm having with doing it manually is that it's just not reliable enough for me. haha

I'm sure it'll be fine with practice, but I don't really want to leave it up to chance. That's why I'm trying to work out the kinks with this. But since skillchains are already time sensitive, this is turning out to be pretty difficult.

EDIT: Well, I haven't tried using Spellcast for this. I figured it would be pretty iffy, since it'd be hard to specify when I want to do this chain outside of doing an <if buffactive="AzureLore"> or something.

EDIT 2: Is there a way to accurately specify more directly when I'm wanting to actually use this specific chain? I might not wait it to always do this if I use Benthic Typhoon during Azure Lore. Or any of these spells, for that matter. Like, is there a way for it to check based on something else, like a chat/console input I can do or something?
 Carbuncle.Drygell
Server: Carbuncle
user: valkhyr
By Carbuncle.Drygell 2013-01-09 13:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I find a /wait 1 to be enough after a /ja if that helps you in any case ... and some of your /wait are a bit short after some spells... you could try:
input /ja "Azure Lore" <me>;
wait 1;
input /ma "Benthic Typhoon" <t>;
wait 2;
input /ma "Quadrastrike" <t>;
wait 3;
input /ma "Goblin Rush" <t>;
wait 2;
input /ws "Requiescat" <t>;
wait 4;
input /ja "Efflux" <me>;
wait 1;
input /ma "Quad. Continuum" <t>;
wait 2;
input /ja "Unbridled Learning" <me>;
wait 1;
input /ma "Bloodrake" <t>;
i find that allowing for spells and ws animations to go off usually make a SC goes smoother now i could still be a bit off with the /wait time but if you're using windower maccros you could reduce some to the bare minimum of 0.5 and reduce some by a .5 there and there.
 Bismarck.Tragedie
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2013-01-09 14:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Belgaer said: »
EDIT 2: Is there a way to accurately specify more directly when I'm wanting to actually use this specific chain? I might not wait it to always do this if I use Benthic Typhoon during Azure Lore. Or any of these spells, for that matter. Like, is there a way for it to check based on something else, like a chat/console input I can do or something?

Spellcast would be your best solution, using different trigger spells based on what you specifically want to do . (They don't have to be things like Stonega IV anymore, there are custom trigger spells available that spellcast will use... see this post for more info).

Basically you'd have your trigger spell start off the chain, that way if you wanted to use Benthic Typhoon on its own, it wouldn't follow it with 7 more commands. I'd also use the BuffActive for this reason (you can either make it use Azure Lore for you if not active, or just warn you it's not active and cancel the rest of the script).

On another note, Drygell's wait times look pretty good, although you may need to make the 1's into 1.5's after the ja's if your system doesn't keep up with the 1's (happened to me occasionally when I'm dual boxing, even if I didn't percieve any lag... my whm's divine caress spellcraft script would miss once in a while with wait 1. wait 1.5 fixed it).
 Phoenix.Belgaer
By Phoenix.Belgaer 2013-01-09 16:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really follow the whole trigger thing and how that works. Any chance you could elaborate? ^^

In the mean time, I'm gunna see if there's a way to trigger a chain of commands based on an /echo input. If so, that'd work.