(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 122 123 124 ... 203 204 205
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-04-05 18:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

AF+3 is definitely the winner for Insurgency.

Higher STR, INT, DEX, ACC, and Multi Attack.
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-04-06 00:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Decided to mess with Braden's DRG Spreadsheet because bleh napkin math.

Set 1 is Resolution. Set 2 is Torcleaver.

Both with Caladbolg. Buffs are at stupidly near impossible levels. Any relevance Rag's ACC makes is poorly represented and as such, the weapon gets stomped pretty hard by Empyrean AM3.

Sets used are the guides sets. Just modified slightly to accommodate recent gear and stuff.

Torcleaver set assumes no DM augments. With pretty good DM augments, Torcleaver takes a pretty substantial lead.

Next up, I'll throw Redemption, Anguta and Liberator in and see how they hold up.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-04-06 00:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

what gear are you using etc? drk really need a spreed sheet that up to date, i think you may have a job! ;D
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-04-06 01:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 350370

ItemSet 350369

ItemSet 350368

And no thanks, I have no idea how to make them. I just know how to fumble around enough to make minor changes to existing ones.

The TP set is in no way top tier or anything. I just threw it together so some actual values for how good Empyrean AM3 is can be seen.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-04-06 01:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I suppose I need to make some edits to the text about Ragnarok and Caladbolg.

I never denied Caladbolg's DPS potential though. In fact, I stated that it's a "tp damage machine". Considering that enemy evasion/magic evasion has been adjusted, It would definitely be more favorable to have a caladbolg i119A-3 built.

I suppose the only reason I'm still doing ragnarok is because I left it sitting at stage 3 for two years during my hiatus. <.<;
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-04-06 08:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Rag is still the go to weapon for a growing drk by far. Even with changes you wont be capping acc like its the easiest thing in the world. I use rag about 30% of my time nowadays simply for the fact that I have to hold tp (kin,ou,kyou,gin,worm,etc) and know I will be able to pop off 50k+ resos. Rag is also great when things will absorb dmg, or have possibility of dreadspikes since your hits wont always 100% kill yourself with drain3 up.

Calad though is better, I assume the sheet does not take into account sc dmg, which pushes you dps just that far ahead. It can really add up.

could you post your spreedsheet your using? Id like to play around with it :D I wouldnt use that tp set at all, so I am curious as to how mine would fare.
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-04-06 10:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Here you go. Credit to Braden.

You'll have to fiddle around a bit. Turn off any DRG specific mechanics, etc.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-04-06 10:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cherche said: »
ItemSet 350370

ItemSet 350369

ItemSet 350368

And no thanks, I have no idea how to make them. I just know how to fumble around enough to make minor changes to existing ones.

The TP set is in no way top tier or anything. I just threw it together so some actual values for how good Empyrean AM3 is can be seen.

Question about this, would Regal be better or Karieyh for Torcleaver?
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-04-06 11:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Karieyh by a fair margin. Also, DRK can't use Regal Ring for whatever reason. I can totally read.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-04-06 11:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

According to my spreadsheet, Regal Ring beats Karieh +1 by a decent margin when you're not attack capped.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-04-06 11:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
Rag is still the go to weapon for a growing drk by far. Even with changes you wont be capping acc like its the easiest thing in the world. I use rag about 30% of my time nowadays simply for the fact that I have to hold tp (kin,ou,kyou,gin,worm,etc) and know I will be able to pop off 50k+ resos. Rag is also great when things will absorb dmg, or have possibility of dreadspikes since your hits wont always 100% kill yourself with drain3 up.

Indeed, I almost forgot about Omen Bosses...ACC really does matter there.

Omen is heavily in DRK's Favor, with Caturae bosses vs Arcana Killer/Circle/Crest to boost damage further. I managed to MB a drain II (@466 JP at this time) after a double cata, wound up with 5K max HP. I can only imagine what I can do with Drain 3.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-04-06 12:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Petrov is really BIS strength ring over ifrit+1? How....
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-04-06 12:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not for Resolution, even when attack capped (though the gap is very small then); not sure why Cherche has it there.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-04-06 12:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

/eyeroll

Please point out where I said those were BiS sets.

6 STR and 5 ATT
vs
1 DA, 3 DEX, and 5 STP

The difference is, at best, a few hundred damage to whichever is better. So like, a 1% difference. If that.
144 according to spreadsheet. So, 0.3% difference.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-04-06 12:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, what content are you running in which minmaxing gear is remotely necessary that you aren't getting additional buffs?

Between Smite V, ATT Bonus VIII, Dia III and Last Resort alone, most content is going to be pretty close to cap.

Angon, Gungnir, Frailty, Fury, Minuet, Chaos, Warcry...
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-04-06 12:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Petrov is just a good option when you need more STP in your WS set to stay at a specific X-hit build.
The specific post mentioned isn't worried about a 5-hit so I would use Ifrit +1/Shukuyu Ring.

or Regal ofc.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-04-06 12:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks fiasko. Was just asking because I wasn't sure. No need to get defensive.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-04-06 14:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, right.

Liberator, in an extreme buff situation, wins with Insurgency spam. TP overflow is responsible.

Anguta Cross Reaper spam performs better at lower buffs where you wont be overflowing as often.

Redemption just performs poorly overall. Empyrean AM3 can't fix how reliant Cross Reaper and Insurgency are on fTP boosting. And the additional damage from Liberator on Insurgency.

Sets were more or less the same as above, just with Augments on Odyssean being adjusted very slightly.

Also, DPS potential was more or less on par with Greatsword potential.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-04-06 14:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have an endgame Scythe. Is Anguta worth making, or will Rag always be better in every situation?
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-04-06 14:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok will pull ahead if you need the Accuracy.

Anguta will probably win otherwise and be somewhere closer to Caladbolg.
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-04-07 10:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cherche said: »
Also, what content are you running in which minmaxing gear is remotely necessary that you aren't getting additional buffs?

Between Smite V, ATT Bonus VIII, Dia III and Last Resort alone, most content is going to be pretty close to cap.

Angon, Gungnir, Frailty, Fury, Minuet, Chaos, Warcry...
Omen, for one. 3000 attack + Dia II and Dunna Frailty isn't especially close to cap on the Caturaes, for example. The same goes for T3 Ru'aun and Reisenjima, and D/VD Intense Ambuscade. Many high ilvl content enemies have boatloads of defense, and you need 4.125 times their reduced defense as attack to cap.

Also, minmaxing doesn't have to be "necessary" for a piece of content for it to be useful, especially if the quality of your fellow members is variable, so you need to pick up their slack sometimes.
[+]
By veddertehtaco 2017-04-13 17:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so heres a question i feel i know the answer to but asking to be sure for the math people,

ody head DMaugs 14mac/mab drain an aspir potency +11
is this gonna be any better then pixie +1?
mostly using for aspirs/drain1+2 as i use fallens+1 for drain3 if that factors in at all
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-04-13 18:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

not even close.
By veddertehtaco 2017-04-13 18:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

not even close.

lol yea didnt think so XD not that id lose the pixie anyways need it on blm an cor too much too lol
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-04-13 18:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

veddertehtaco said: »
ok so heres a question i feel i know the answer to but asking to be sure for the math people,

ody head DMaugs 14mac/mab drain an aspir potency +11
is this gonna be any better then pixie +1?
mostly using for aspirs/drain1+2 as i use fallens+1 for drain3 if that factors in at all
veddertehtaco said: »
not even close.

lol yea didnt think so XD not that id lose the pixie anyways need it on blm an cor too much too lol

So then What would Beat the Pixie +1 : drain/aspir potency +30? incase he can get something better with M.acc and Mag.att is there a number that will even touch the +1 hairpin?
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-04-13 19:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Drain/Aspir potency and Dark Elemental Magic Attack Bonus are both percentage increases, multiplied separately, so how much Drain/Aspir potency needed to match the hairpin depends on how much of each you have already.

For example, my main set has (without the head slot) +5 Dark Elemental Magic Attack Bonus and +71 Drain/Aspir potency, so the amount of potency I'd need in the head slot to match Pixie Hairpin would be:

(133/105) = (171+X/171)

X = 45.6

Normal MAB has zero effect on Drains and Aspirs, so it can be disregarded.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-04-14 01:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Random question about Arcane Circle. When it's active would founder's body be worth using for the damage boost/taken? Or is the boost not worth it? I understand the augments killer effects is meant to convert 50% of the effects to boosting. With traits/circle and AF feet we get 27%.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-04-14 01:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be.
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-04-14 10:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Note that Killer Effects get nerfed on NMs, so with Arcane Circle (with feet), Founder's Breastplate only gives +8% on NMs instead of +13.5%.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-04-21 01:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that I want to show off, but...

VALHALLA WILLS IT FOR GUIDE BUILDING
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 122 123 124 ... 203 204 205