Dec 2012 Fixes
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-12-20 18:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
I'm a bit confused on the settings for this new BMN, when I'm using smn im not actually engaged in battle, yet it still doesn't blink when I change gear, sometimes it will, sometimes it wont, it's all kinda random.

What settings do I need to change so it doesn't blink only when im physically engaged to a mob?

lol yeah I was going to play around with the BMN settings, although they don't seem to work the same way as the old settings. I thought I set myself up to never blink while in combat, but always blink when I'm out of combat... however, it appeared that the opposite was true. So I was still blinking in combat, but not out of combat. But then I would randomly blink out of combat too so I was just like "wtf?"

I also stopped playing around with the BMN settings because changing them in game makes Windower completely crash. What I mean by that is this:
Currently my XML has everything set to true. Then I'll log in to game. See that everything is ON, and I'll start turning certain settings off
example: //bmn always self off
I'll usually turn about 2-4 settings off before windower crashes.

As such, I assume that the random crashes on zoning are related to BMN as well, so I've been debating on whether or not to just keep BMN unloaded until I get to a zone I'm going to be in for a while, or just try to get used to not using it.

I'm currently troubleshooting the zoning crashes to see if it's related to BMN, some other plugin, or a different program.

*edit* Currently unable to duplicate the crashing problem. Default loaded plugins:
load TParty
load TimeStamp
//load SSOrganizer
load Silence
load Recast
//load Distance
load ConsoleBG
load Blinkmenot
//load Autoexec
load Spellcast
load Gearcollector

Looks like my crashing problem is related to either apradar or exiled
 Shiva.Thebasicbeat
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Thebasicbeat 2012-12-20 21:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any ideas on why any plugins that require "keyboard_allowmmf 1" do not work for many users with Windows 8, including myself. Tried all the tricks posted here and windower forum, no luck :/
 Quetzalcoatl.Iryoku
VIP
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Iryoku
By Quetzalcoatl.Iryoku 2012-12-21 19:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

There are no plugins that require keyboard_allowmmf to be set to anything. Plugins don't use mmf, only third-party programs interacting with Windower through the WindowerHelper API do.

As for why they're not working, my best guess is that you're not running them with administrator privileges.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-21 20:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

A couple people have mentioned yarnball, I'm in the process of writing a replacement for it. It's currently (mostly) functional, and has a lot of functionality the original didn't.

Current Functionality
-Tracks Haste, Phalanx, Enspell/IIs, Barspell/IIs, Reraises, Regens, BRD songs, Sleeps, Lullabies
-Supports multiboxing automatically, with a bit of integration. If PlayerA casts haste on PlayerC, and playerB also knows haste then playerB will also recieve the timer. It will not do this for self buffs, of course.
-Automatically adjusts duration based on RDM AF3, Composure, Perpetuance/SCH Gloves, WHM AF3 gloves, BRD AF3 body/neck and Gjallarhorn.
-Sets duration to 0 if a local character has a buff dispelled. IE: MageMule casts haste on MainCharacter. If MainCharacter's haste is dispelled, MageMule's display will automatically set it to 00:00.
-Configuration file allows you to customize display to suit your needs similar to many windower plugins.
-Lists accessioned buffs as accessioned in display.

Known Issues(All in current plans)
-Shell/Protect/Embrava/COR rolls aren't added yet. There's no real reason for it, will be in next update.
-Random crash has been reported by a couple people. It was a program crash, not a playonline crash. I haven't been able to reproduce it yet.
-Non-gjall instruments are not supported for songs.
-Marduk's Shalwar +1 is not supported. I don't know the exact increase it gives, will add when it is.
-Program does not check equipped gear. It assumes you're using the gear you have and can equip in your inventory. While this should be acceptable for RDM and SCH(should always be using your af3 when applicable), it's a small inconsistancy on Daurdaubla BRD due to daurdaubla songs getting gjallarhorn duration.
-Does not catch sleep resists.
-Does not track dispelled buffs on other players.
-Some of the classing is done poorly(internal), will be fixed in the near future to allow for easier updates.

If anyone's interested in testing this, shoot me a PM. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to direct link to a download on this forum, but if a mod OKs it and there's interest I can do so.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-12-21 20:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be willing to test it. Imagine it's a program rather than a plugin?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-21 20:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, but it can be minimized to tray and the display is an overlay on FFXI. Functionally, aiming for something similar to icons when it's finished.
 Shiva.Thebasicbeat
By Shiva.Thebasicbeat 2012-12-21 23:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Iryoku said: »
There are no plugins that require keyboard_allowmmf to be set to anything. Plugins don't use mmf, only third-party programs interacting with Windower through the WindowerHelper API do.

As for why they're not working, my best guess is that you're not running them with administrator privileges.

Windower only works if you "Run as Administrator" on Windows 8, any plugin that requires using // to do anything doesn't work. like timestamp, spellcast, or find. or even loading, unloading anything via the // command in the chat window.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
Server: Bismarck
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-12-22 09:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I have two laptops and I managed to get windower working with new plugins on the old one, but the new one still crashes the game as soon as I hit PLAY. I recently download Windower with it's native plugins. I have not installed any other plugin and I removed recast from the ini file. Anyone know if I have to do something else I have missed? I am running Windows 8.
 Bismarck.Dmaul
Server: Bismarck
user: Dmaul
By Bismarck.Dmaul 2012-12-23 21:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone had any trouble getting in game sound to come through? I have sound up until I get to the loading screen then nothing at all. Was working fine before the update and will run just fine if I play through Steam
By gmg123 2012-12-24 13:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a fix out for the crashing on zone problem yet, has anyone confirm what the culprit is?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-24 14:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Unload plasticsurgeon.
By gmg123 2012-12-24 14:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't use plastic surgeon.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-24 14:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't need to even use it, as long as the plugin is loaded
 Valefor.Tahn
Server: Valefor
user: lemonbird
By Valefor.Tahn 2012-12-24 14:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It should also be noted that if you d/l windower with just the plugins it comes with, those plugins are not updated and will still make you crash.

You have to manually go find the updated versions for each plugin windower natively comes with. That was my problem yesterday anyway.
By gmg123 2012-12-24 14:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay. Well to give the most information, I don't have plastic surgeon even loaded on my cpu. Below is a list of the plug-ins I am currently using when I log on, and the ones I do not have loaded when I log on.

load TParty
load Distance
load Recast
load LightLuggage
load TimeStamp
load DrawDistance
load SSOrganizer
load ConsoleBG
//load Logger
load StatusTimer
load Silence
load ExpWatch
load ChatMon
load SpellCast
load Precognition
load blinkmenot
//load infobar
//load attainment
//load Guildwork
//load boxhelper
 Shiva.Paulu
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-12-24 15:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

gmg123 said: »
load blinkmenot
That's been causing random crashes on zoning.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: khrnos
By Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos 2012-12-24 15:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

blinkmenot is not the cause, or at least not the only one.
 Asura.Sabishii
Server: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2012-12-24 15:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
gmg123 said: »
load blinkmenot
That's been causing random crashes on zoning.
Download the newest version from windower.net.
 Shiva.Paulu
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-12-24 15:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless there was an update in the past 3 days or so. The version I'm using is the fixed version that works fine and still causes random crashes upon zoning.
 Valefor.Omerta
Server: Valefor
user: arouis
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-12-24 15:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant get infobar working anymore, i have the infobar folder in the scripts section iirc, and the init.txt, its loaded. Am I missing something?
By gmg123 2012-12-24 15:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

There is an update to infobar, there should be a link to it in this thread. Mine is working fine after i updated it. I just have mine unloaded for the time being.

http://forums.windower.net/files/file/8-infobar/
[+]
By Nisala 2013-01-05 02:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Myhnegon said: »
this way is works
Code
</global>
<!--
	You may also override specific settings on a per-character basis here.
	-->
<Myhnegon>
    <alwaysself>true</alwaysself>
    <alwaysfollow>true</alwaysfollow>
    <alwaysparty>false</alwaysparty>
    <alwaysally>false</alwaysally>
    <alwaysothers>false</alwaysothers>

<targetself>true</targetself>
    <targetfollow>true</targetfollow>
    <targetparty>false</targetparty>
    <targetally>false</targetally>
    <targetothers>false</targetothers>

<combatself>false</combatself>
    <combatfollow>false</combatfollow>
    <combatparty>false</combatparty>
    <combatally>false</combatally>
    <combatothers>false</combatothers>
</Myhnegon>
</settings>

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but I'm having an issue with BlinkMeNot where it likes to ignore the Global settings each time I select a character. When it initially loads with all the other plugins as the game boots up it uses the global settings, but once I select a character it reverts to some stock/default settings or something. Even if I manually change them in game, once I switch to a mule it just resets them to the default settings that I don't have specified. I've tried adding stuff in the per-character section in the same format as above, but it didn't seem to do anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and sorry for the long post. ^^; Also, thanks in general for all these windower updates; you guys rock!
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-01-07 07:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

newest blinkmenot still makes me blink on ws when i do einhejar but not in abyssea. thsi accours when set to not be blinking during combat
I dont blink if i put my self on always selg on

i dont know if it happens in nyzul as i go straight there after einhejar and dont reset settings in between.
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2013-01-07 07:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Is anyone randomly crashing POL with the new recast or blinkmenot?
VIP
By aureus 2013-01-09 23:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

BMN 3.01 posted, fixes a bug with blinking on engage:
http://forums.windower.net/files/file/11-blinkmenot/
[+]
By Dantedmc 2013-01-12 15:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Is bmn still supposed to turn me into a hume when i zone? I only ask because the hume is always wearing a different hat than what i'm geared for and when i blink back my character is wearing the wrong hat when using always self on. This seems to only happen when i use bmn and surgeon together. It doesn't happen when i use either one seperately.