user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2012-12-20 02:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
There are 4 drop slots for coins:

(Coin 1)
Other Crap
(Coin 2-4)

Hypothesis A - Coin 1 can drop with or without proccing and its drop rate is unaffected by proccing. Slots 2-4 are added by proccing and one of them is 100%. The other two have different drop rates.

Hypothesis B - Coin 1 is part of the proc system and the drop structure of procced monsters is more different from unprocced monsters than just adding a drop slot.

Do we have any data that can exclude Hypothesis A at the moment? My reason for proposing it in the first place is because of city Beastman NMs, which (iirc) never drop Singles when they're killed unprocced. It's like their "single slot" is the 100-piece and then they're otherwise normally affected by the proc system.

Do beastmen (normal, not NM) work any differently than Nightmares? I know that beastmen can drop two coins without being proc'd. I can't say I ever paid enough attention to Nightmare drops to notice it ever happening (plus, they are proc'd most of the time anyway), but I assumed they could too.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-12-20 02:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Some DC nightmare monsters and DC beastmen can drop up to 5 Currency and 2 Forgotten items. They can drop 2 currency and 2 forgotten items with or without proc.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2012-12-20 02:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I didn't quite notice this was strictly EP. Regardless, I'm fairly certain this is EP (Valkurm, by the 10min Goblin Statue ext), but I could be remembering the level of the monsters there wrong?
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2012-12-20 13:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not strictly EP. The parse data I've been posting has been from DC mobs in Valkurm.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-01-04 22:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't heard back from Peldin on the dnc/thf TH2 parses, but I happened to do a parse today as pup/thf on the Valkurm DC mobs (an odd setup, just playing around, and wanting to cap out puppet skills), and ended up with a 2.79 coin per mob average, if you count only the proc'd mobs -- 162 proc'd, 177 total killed, 452 coins from the target mobs, but no guarantee on the number of coins dropped from unproc'd mobs.

Given that there were probably at least 5 coins dropped from the unproc'd set, that would drop it down to about 2.75 coins per mob when proc'd with TH2.

Overall, very rough progression on coins looks like:

TH2: 2.75
TH3/4: 2.85
TH6: 2.95
TH7 fulltime: 3.05

Also, 33 Forgotten Touches, for an 18.6% drop rate.