Spellcast + Resource "Trigger*"

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Spellcast Scripting » Other » Spellcast + Resource "Trigger*"
Spellcast + Resource "Trigger*"
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-11-28 08:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I was looking to add a few dummy triggers to my Resources file so I can use a handful of triggers consistently (for some reason, half the time I try to use NPC JA's, like Dancing Chains, some of them don't work), so I opened my Spells resource file, but before editing it I found this:
Code xml
<s id="10000" index="10000" prefix="/trigger" english="Trigger0" german="Trigger0" french="Trigger0" japanese="Trigger0" type="trigger" element="trigger" targets="Self" skill="trigger" mpcost="0" casttime="0" recast="0" alias="" />

There's 100 of them, ranging from 0-99. I've tried using one in my WHM spellcast, a simple <addtochat> line to see if they work and they seemingly do. Do they have any specific use outside being dummies that mean I shouldn't be using them for triggers? Or am I free to do with as I wish? :D

In the middle of re-writing a few Spellcasts and having a handful of reliable triggers like this would be perfect for me!

EDIT: The reason I ask is because there's a lot of things below them, that look like they actually may be Spellcast triggers for miscellaneous events and such.
 Diabolos.Yugl
Server: Diabolos
user: Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2012-11-28 08:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

No, they were specifically added for that purpose. You should see stuff such as CombatCycle and CombatTrigger in addition to the ones posted. Those were added for cycling through modes primarily. I think only Motenten's XMLs have upgraded to those triggers atm. I planned on doing them after their addition, but have been too lazy with XMLs to do so.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-11-28 09:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome! Much appreciated Yugl! :D

I noticed the other ones below that too, I doubt I'll end up dabbling with those though while I haven't been keeping up-to-date on Spellcast releases/notes, so I don't want to play around too much with things I don't understand.