Me, Myself And Voidwatch?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Me, Myself and Voidwatch?
Me, Myself and Voidwatch?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-10-05 05:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Me and two friends are trying to make a start on VW now (little late to the party, I know! D:). We've done Sandy T1's and we're doing Sandy T2 whenever we can.

I'm curious to know how far we could go as a trio. We're geared logically and have a decent idea of what to do in VW. We have a pretty large selection of jobs between us, but typically we go DNC/NIN (Me) THF/NIN WHM/RDM (Them).

I know WAR is a viable tank with temps and such, but I'm curious to know what our best chances would be to begin with, we didn't get the Periapt for temps from the T1's in Sandy (gonna try to redo those before we make another attempt on T2).

We tried going PLD/WAR, SCH/BLM (for Stun) and WHM/RDM to the T2 last time, had great survivability - but lacked damage. We got to 65%'ish and timed out on it (though my SCH gear is sorely lacking, I was managing 1.1~1.3k Blizz5's with Chatoyant Staff).

As for jobs, one of us is pretty much only mage jobs - so anything I come up with pretty much has to include WHM (maybe RDM too, I forget if they have that off the top of my head). I have DNC/THF at 99/98 with moderately sensible gear, WAR93 without any real gear (I have TP/WS set for it, but it was always my "I'm bored, let's go hit things in the face" job). The other guy has a selection of melee jobs at 99, THF, NIN, WAR, Non-Empy/Relic PLD off the top of my head.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-10-05 05:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Can even do t4 city mobs as long as you bring a heavy dd. However for being worth it...different matter.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Vaglabond
Server: Carbuncle
user: vaglabond
By Carbuncle.Vaglabond 2012-10-05 06:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You're better off bringing jobs that have a few more procs. If I was lowmanning from your setup it would probably be something like WHM/Sch, BLM/Nin (although not positive if ninjitsu will stick, but it should @ that tier), and War/Sam. You should be able to cap lights with that setup, but it might take a couple attempts. If you could bring a BST or Pup to tank the mob until the mages and war gets an idea on procs before going in and using their temps, it might make it a little easier.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2012-10-05 06:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

My fiance and I dualboxed all 3 main cities He: MNK/WAR BLM/RDM Me: WAR/SAM WHM/SCH. (Though prolly coulda done /blm for an extra stunner) The hardest was the Malboro for Bastok mainly due to one stunner. The T4 Windy might cause you some problems as well as the pixie from Sandy. T1 NMs for the Stone+ abyssite are also doable but PLD instead of WAR if you want to use the displacers if you "really" want the KI's.

Main thing you want is to not draw out the fight too much but also not to feed too much TP at the same time. When we did it the first thing we focused on was getting the KI's from Bastok T2 and Sandy T1 first before we attempting going to T4. I know you said you had 3 people, but I don't see how you couldn't do it with 3.
[+]
 Shiva.Kuraneko
Server: Shiva
user: Kuraneko
By Shiva.Kuraneko 2012-10-05 09:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless it's a just want to low man it for the challenge to get it done kind of thing you could always just do a Jeuno shout for T1~4 a city a night for pretty quick progress. My fiance came back recently and I'd pretty regularly get at least 2 parties to a full alliance of folks that either needed the wins as well or just wanted to help. Worst case scenario you might just fill one party out and that would still be more damage than trioing is throwing at it. Even 3 more people would make it more likely you'll get that 100% white for key items and less redoing runs cause everyone in your group didn't get them.

Don't underestimate returners! I've known quite a few people in the last few weeks coming back that need all those wins as well that jump on full city runs.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-10-05 14:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a lot guys! :D A lot of great tips (this is why I love XIAH!).

I'll admit, I underestimated returning players D: I really didn't expect to get a lot of people from a shout PT for junk VW's, but I'll definitely consider it as an option.

After considering what people have said, I'm thinking I'll finish my WAR and get some better gear for it, then WAR/SAM x2 + WHM(or RDM if possible)/SCH. I'm hoping this'll give us a viable tank, plenty of procs and plenty of heals.

Personally though, I'm not against levelling another job purely for VW (back in the day, I levelled BRD purely for meriting >_> PERMABRD4LYFE.)