Arch Goblin Golem - Dynamis-Jeuno
 Cerberus.Aydogan
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2012-07-20 18:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey folks,

I'm looking to scoop up an Oneiros Knife for my Jishnu's build, but don't know much about the NM that drops it. Does anyone have experience with the Arch Goblin Golem in Dynamis-Jeuno? Any tips/suggestions are appreciated.
 Cerberus.Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2012-07-21 18:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't be shy
 Fenrir.Frobos
Server: Fenrir
user: Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2012-07-23 03:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Herro prz. I would like to know about this as well. Any information would be awesome and I will love you.
 Bahamut.Itze
Server: Bahamut
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2012-07-23 03:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Farm dynamis regularly one day and then buy this.
 Fenrir.Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2012-07-23 03:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe we want to play with 10% crit damage + in abyssea?
 Bahamut.Itze
Server: Bahamut
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2012-07-23 03:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Enjoy time well wasted.
 Fenrir.Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2012-07-23 03:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thanks Itze. ^_^ If anyone has information it would be much appreciated.
 Cerberus.Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2012-08-15 16:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

We know the Aluh Jambiya exists, but that's not what this post is about. Productive replies are welcomed.
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-08-15 16:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The pre NMs are pretty easy. The only one I would consider tough is the whm/thf that uses infinite bene/PD. It is a pain if you don't bring enough DD.

For the actual NM, it isn't that hard. If you wanted a really easy win, DD x4, sch/blm, smn would work, add cors/brds for buffs as wanted. standard zerg+tabula rasa "chain"stun+PD. I have known a set up of nin thf dnc cor sch sch whm to win, although it was a little messy by the end.

Edit: that set up was at I want to say at 95 cap, and wasn't using schs as stunners, so likely could have been much smoother.
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-08-15 16:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic stun works wonders, but I found out the hard way lunge and head butt don't work ; ;
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-08-15 16:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Some actual info about the NM then.

Honestly speaking it's fairly easy to hurt and not too resistant to stuns. Offensively it can hit fairly hard but its standard tp hits are slow.

Does cast death - take a stunner, SCH/BLM is ideal for this.

It uses seismostomp in sets of 2, the second a short delay after the first and easily stunnable. If both land it will usually 2 shot most unprepared DD.

Uses mighty stikes as 2hr (will use repeatedly) and combined with stomp can easily one shot most jobs.

If you're ready for it though, its a real cake walk.

Have done this with a blu/nin, dnc/nin, whm/rdm and sch/blm. DNC and BLU tank it (blu ideally with eva/haste set) with dnc stunning stomps where possible. SCH stuns death. Usually takes 10~ mins a kill with no deaths and no real difficulties.
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2012-08-15 16:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Any DDx3+TH+support+healing combination can do it, farmed it alot mostly for grips and the knife has by far the best drop rate, we were at the end like 13 knives, 6 grips, 7 hats.

The only "dangerous" thing it can do is Mighty Strikes TP move x2, but other than it casts spells and what not, stuning it's AoE stomp TP move helps alot (Forgot the name of the TP move) as it does it x2 in succession, it casts Death spell often. Other than that it's not hard, it should die pretty fast <1minute, without any need for zerg tactics or anything.

Set up was SAM/DNCx2, THF/DNC, WAR/SAM, BLM + WHM, violent stun landed about 50% of the time, stun spell was reliable, SAMs were /DNC for procs while farming pops for the NM. any sub works for the boss, if you already had tomes before hand. BLM was mostly there cause that is his only job and wanted a grip, but sleepga came in handy while farming NMs, there's not much room to fight the NMs and
always had adds linking.

This was at lvl 95, I'm sure 3DD+healer can do most of it now. Don't even need exceptional gear.