Incoming Server Merge?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Incoming Server Merge?
Incoming Server Merge?
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-07-22 17:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

from my experience, its not about how many ppl are on, its about who is on and what type of player they are. sorry i cant relate to a casual who doesnt care to maximizing their gear/jobs and just barely tagging along to completing menial task while bad mouthing to s.e about content they never can complete.

if there were any reason for a server merge, it would be to have more players like myself. players who make the effort to not only do content but want to compete it at the highest level. not just having winning sets, but to slaughter content with the best available sets in the game while not being total douches to eachother.

haveing enough to those types of players, would be worth a merge so i dont have to come in counter with other players who best idea of a good time is to play alone with trust npcs, talk in linkshell about nothing, and maybe on a occasion attend/fail a delve run.

in retrospective, both types of players can benefit from a merge. more like minded people to occupy each other with.

also i did agree that time based servers would be nice. however, i like playing with jps or any non english speaking player who are able to communicate with me. of course on a certain level.

quite frankly, what is wrong with jp only. hell why would i want to invite someone i dont understand and cant discuss batties stragties with. let alone thier own arrogance, and playing tendencies that are not team oriented other than the minimal to get the job done. what kind of experience is that?

it works both ways.

i dont
[+]
 Ragnarok.Exavion
Server: Ragnarok
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-07-22 18:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wish there was a better party grouping system implemented already. I feel like there is always plenty of people just the /yell system is a failure on so many levels. :/
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 18:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want a merge for one reason and one reason only: Dyna is too crowded as it is.
[+]
 Cerberus.Reiden
Server: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-07-22 18:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe should just recruit people and make your own linkshell. Doesn't matter if people are terrible, could always teach them how to play, if you have the time to spare. Also need to be somewaht dedicated with a goal in mind to succeed as a group and not quit after your first few wipes.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-22 19:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The point made here was about economy and i aggre with krysten. Dont know if we are actually seeing the effects of the fish nerf, but its a fact that, unlike pre adoulin, there is no low level material worthwhile like it was. For example, i used to make cash at low levels with dhalmel hides, beehive chips, pephredo hivechips, old and good wild onions. Nowadays, stacks are below double digits. Add this with the crafting kits, and it becaame totally useless the new crafts materials. The old good and easy cash of WOE was completely destroyed by login campaigns. Airlixir was destroyed by nerfing delve into lowman. Riftborn/plutons/beitetsu were destroyed by making this drop from numerous sources, including low level RoE. Verdigris stones were destroyed by wailing stones, and wailing stones have been crashing in price due to recent nerfs.

Its a shame that currently we are restricted with so little ways to make cash by farming, leading to high offer, low prices and low variety. And that because every update SE uses its invisible hand to mess with economy.

Just a bit of QQing, nothing related to server merge, but at least currencies, the actual only reason to accumulate cash (aside that, just food is worth to buy. the rest is bought by any other kind of currency like plasm, fragments, wings, etc) have been dropping, slowly but steadly. Maybe in fact what we are seeing is some kind of deflation. Too early to conclude though.
By Sieha1 2014-07-22 20:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Exavion said: »
I just wish there was a better party grouping system implemented already. I feel like there is always plenty of people just the /yell system is a failure on so many levels. :/

everyone has their 'group'. shouts and yells are kind of not needed now.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-22 21:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sieha1 said: »

I know it's the age-old argument, which I generally disagree with, but isn't the purpose to be MASSIVELY multi-player?

If you just group with the same people all the time, you're more or less just LANing. Kinda the opposite of what would be expected. I understand (better than anyone lol) that there are A LOT of bad players... but there are good ones too that you'll never meet or even know exist with the meta in FFXI right now. (unless they apply to your shell) Which is *** stupid by the way... applying to play a game, but that's just MY opinion.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-07-22 21:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

the grouping youre not fond of is a result of the terrible people that join shouts because they arent involved in a group themselves, which is a result of them being terrible in the shouts they join. i play with my linkshell and a group of friends outside the shell. i do vw without shouting, go to delve with 4-5 people if i cant get 6 immediately, because of how shitty the shout joiners are going to be. you tell me why i should shout, and if its sound info, maybe i will.
 Cerberus.Reiden
Server: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-07-22 23:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

I know it's the age-old argument, which I generally disagree with, but isn't the purpose to be MASSIVELY multi-player?

If you just group with the same people all the time, you're more or less just LANing. Kinda the opposite of what would be expected. I understand (better than anyone lol) that there are A LOT of bad players... but there are good ones too that you'll never meet or even know exist with the meta in FFXI right now. (unless they apply to your shell) Which is *** stupid by the way... applying to play a game, but that's just MY opinion.

I know alot of good players outside of my ls that just dont want to be tied down, but will join events just to have fun or help out.

Just because a linkshell asks for you to fill an app doesn't mean that it's stupid. My reason for having people fill out apps is to see if they can follow instructions and see what jobs they have. 99% of apps are accepted, i only reject an app if they not willing to use our ls full time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2014-07-22 23:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I think main reason they not bothering with server merges is cause there making a pretty penny off people jumping back and forth between servers and merging them would cut down the need to do that.
[+]
By Sieha1 2014-07-22 23:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

you misunderstand the acronym MMO stands for minimal multi player. meaning you just need to find a few people you can tolerate long enough to get the stuff you want.

other people were never more then a nuisance and wasted my time by either taking up a spot in an instance, popping a nm I was farming, etc...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Devrom
Server: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-07-23 02:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
There's ups and downs, but there not being enough people on for you to talk to is about the dumbest thing I've heard, there's always people on, and most ***can be done with very few people...

For one, I didn't say anything about not being able to talk to anyone. I was clearly talking about doing anything that matters other than solo farming. Understanding a sentence the way you want without thinking IS dump though...

Back to the point, talking doesn't get you anywhere. At this point, it is all about having the right jobs and being on at the right time or solo farm all day.

There was only one EU linkshell doing delve here, they were only doing it on two days a week and when the new delves were added, only a select few people used to get to do it for reasons such as not having the right job and that the fights are easier to control with a single party. And after some time, it stopped events and went social which is barely successful at that too and guess what? I was the main stunner in it which ended up being useless with the new delve and I was one of the most active members. I am still in the shell while looking for another to event in EU time and I can't find anything. EU commnunity was never very active, but in recent years, it is as good as dead.

There are some succesful PUGs for tree delve and that is it and they are 1) hardly ever done actively in EU time 2) I don't have the "right" jobs. Same applies to AAs and stuff.

And btw, I will never understand how bringing additional support would make a delve fight any harder. Imagine being in a ls for a long time, being a very active member, then one day becoming obselete with the new delve and seeing those who got to get the new wins even consider selling wins while most of the ls didn't even get the chance to get the wins... How would you feel?

Again, I don't know it would change anything positively to change server structures at this point, but I just want... a change.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-23 03:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Devrom said: »
Jetackuu said: »
There's ups and downs, but there not being enough people on for you to talk to is about the dumbest thing I've heard, there's always people on, and most ***can be done with very few people...

For one, I didn't say anything about not being able to talk to anyone. I was clearly talking about doing anything that matters other than solo farming. Understanding a sentence the way you want without thinking IS dump though...

Back to the point, talking doesn't get you anywhere. At this point, it is all about having the right jobs and being on at the right time or solo farm all day.

There was only one EU linkshell doing delve here, they were only doing it on two days a week and when the new delves were added, only a select few people used to get to do it for reasons such as not having the right job and that the fights are easier to control with a single party. And after some time, it stopped events and went social which is barely successful at that too and guess what? I was the main stunner in it which ended up being useless with the new delve and I was one of the most active members. I am still in the shell while looking for another to event in EU time and I can't find anything. EU commnunity was never very active, but in recent years, it is as good as dead.

There are some succesful PUGs for tree delve and that is it and they are 1) hardly ever done actively in EU time 2) I don't have the "right" jobs. Same applies to AAs and stuff.

And btw, I will never understand how bringing additional support would make a delve fight any harder. Imagine being in a ls for a long time, being a very active member, then one day becoming obselete with the new delve and seeing those who got to get the new wins even consider selling wins while most of the ls didn't even get the chance to get the wins... How would you feel?

Again, I don't know it would change anything positively to change server structures at this point, but I just want... a change.

i take sch to delve 2 .... why won't they take yours?
 Shiva.Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-07-23 03:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »

Stunning is dead, cures are covered, nukes are crap, embrava isn't worth it. To be honest, I may be failing to see some other role to be filled by sch in new delve, but that is all I can think of right now. So basically I am not sure, but that doesn't really matter anymore. The ls went social and for pugs (which is tree only so far) rng and brd are all that matters.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-07-23 03:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i do almost all fights without rng's. my particular group and the people ive been doing things with dont like rng because its boring and slow. so we do everything with melee setups. also, the people who are out there making groups for delve want max gil per hour. why would they invite someone else, even if they only have 4-5 people, if theyre already going to be successful? (other than helping someone get the win, of course) if you suggest that you wont lot anything that costs gil, then you may find yourself accepted in to this parties more often. and before anyone says anything negative about this, think about it in terms of dynamis. would you invite someone to dyna with you if the currency yield will be about the same, except now you have to split it with them. fun and company aside, in terms of gilmaking functionality, which is the goal, would you invite someone to your dynamis party? (also i dont do dynamis ever so i may be incorrect about specifics, but the point im trying to make should be loud and clear)

also: sch in new delve literally does all of those things except stunning to an excellent (while some are support) degree. you can use the new sch 1h at crucial moments to shift hate back tothe melee in case something goes wrong, ect. make yourself an asset by proving these things in older content. (if your melee get death'd against shark, start running in while using new sch 1h on yourself, and tank it self sufficiently with your trusty dt idle set while the party recovers, all while dealing damage through thunder I-II)
 Shiva.Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-07-23 04:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Bukadan said: »
i do almost all fights without rng's. my particular group and the people ive been doing things with dont like rng because its boring and slow. so we do everything with melee setups. also, the people who are out there making groups for delve want max gil per hour. why would they invite someone else, even if they only have 4-5 people, if theyre already going to be successful? (other than helping someone get the win, of course) if you suggest that you wont lot anything that costs gil, then you may find yourself accepted in to this parties more often.

I agree but I meant to say how it was used to be in my own linkshell. Considering to sell wins while you are leaving out most members is unacceptable, no matter how you look at it.

Generally speaking, if you are winning, say, only half the time with your PUGs, you may want to consider bringing a bit more suppor at least. This "6 person only" rule is nonsense unless your group is good enough to win each time and that means you wouldn't probably need to shout for people anyway.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-07-23 05:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

in that case then youre dealing with terrible people, because in the case of someone without a win, (and generally a friend without something to do prompts an event, maybe even a delve with a not so high per-hour-gil-making goal) the highest priority should be getting that person the win, i mean its so easy to get 3 beads and get them in as a 7th real quick these days. i understand exactly what youre saying, and completely agree
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-23 05:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Devrom said: »

Stunning is dead, cures are covered, nukes are crap, embrava isn't worth it. To be honest, I may be failing to see some other role to be filled by sch in new delve, but that is all I can think of right now. So basically I am not sure, but that doesn't really matter anymore. The ls went social and for pugs (which is tree only so far) rng and brd are all that matters.

Ya'll must not do delve much, sch can throw a mean helix on mega bosses to help w/ aura breaking, back up cures/erase/na's, nukes, enfeebling magic, etc. If you can't see the importance of sch in delve 1~2 then you need to relearn the job itself then relearn the content as you're way off the mark here.
 Shiva.Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-07-23 11:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya'll must not do delve much, sch can throw a mean helix on mega bosses to help w/ aura breaking, back up cures/erase/na's, nukes, enfeebling magic, etc. If you can't see the importance of sch in delve 1~2 then you need to relearn the job itself then relearn the content as you're way off the mark here.

I played sch in old delve because I happened to have leveled it and took the responsibility on myself since most people didn't want to back then. I never said I know sch so well either. Also, delve 1 = tojil spam and is done with 6 people and sch's role is only to focus on stuns. Delve 2 = tree (at least that is how it is with pugs here) and people don't bring any more support than brd and whm. No offense but it doesn't really matter how you do it, I am talking about my own experience.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12