Tottering Toby Spawn?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Tottering Toby spawn?
Tottering Toby spawn?
 Quetzalcoatl.Darkakumaa
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Darkakumaa 2012-05-14 11:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering if this is correct.

PH is the first Stalking Sapling in the 1st group of 2 May Fly 2 Stalking Sapling and 2 Sabertooth Tiger south of Eldieme entrance 5

Been sitting here almost 9 hours now killing just the supposed PH 2-3 cycles then killing all because I started getting that iffy feeling. Dunno if it's just one of those bad late spawns, or normal for this NM, or just plain doing it wrong because info is wrong? Any help would be great don't like having my time wasted anymore then needed doing these trials.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-05-14 11:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

From my experience, the PH normally spawned at the hill top and surrounding areas of that entrance. I only saw the PH spawn further north of the entrance area once.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darkakumaa
By Quetzalcoatl.Darkakumaa 2012-05-14 11:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok ty. Guess I will just chalk it up to bad luck then and hope it pops soon.
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
user: AkiKrylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2012-06-04 07:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If you stand directly in the middle of the line between G-6/G-7 and do a wide scan, scroll until you see Skirling (spelling?) Tiger. Below that you will see 2 May Flys followed by a bunch of Orcs.

Under that group of Orcs will be another 2 May Flys. You'll know these are the correct flies because they will be in the G-6/G-7 area specifically. No other May Flys are in this box on the map.

Skirling Tiger
May Fly
May Fly
Orcs...
May Fly (G-6/G-7)
May Fly (G-6/G-7)
Sapling (PH)
Sapling

The PH sapling will almost always be in the G-7 box, right on or around the hill to Necropolis Entrance #5. Got all 3 of my Toby kills using this method in about 4-5hours~
 Quetzalcoatl.Krysys
user: krysys
By Quetzalcoatl.Krysys 2012-06-04 08:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Be careful you're not missing him. When I camped him, he always spawned much farther north than his placeholders, and wouldn't show up on my widescan unless I ran north and reopened.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [72 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Cordi
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Cordi 2012-08-15 10:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you so much this helped me out a lot! /cheer
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1228 days between previous and next post]
By roseofbeauty 2015-12-26 02:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Help Ive been trying to pop toby forever and I still cant seem to pop him :( Help
I ve killed all saplings in g7 box and nothing am i missing something :(
By anderxero 2015-12-26 02:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

When I did the magian trials for Toby (3 times), I used the info on the wiki page to find/pop him. Sometimes he pops relatively soon after his window opens, but quite often he takes much longer (8+ hours once). Also... I found that killing all of the saplings on widescan seemed to make it take even longer (at the very least, it's harder to accurately track PH kills).

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Tottering_Toby