2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Classes » Archer » Archer Sub-Class
Archer Sub-Class
VIP
By alyria 2012-05-10 21:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

I read long ago for sub classes for Archer and can't seem to find it.

I leveled pug, lancer, and maur to 10.

What levels should they be and what other ones do I level? I wanna be more a DD than any type of healer type.
By Filtiarne 2012-05-10 22:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Subclasses for bard are archer, con and thm. Also try google, its a wonderful thing.
[+]
By Xeonerable 2012-05-10 22:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/guide/armoury01.html

should be somewhat helpful if you are just starting.
VIP
By alyria 2012-05-10 22:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Filtiarne said: »
Subclasses for bard are archer, con and thm. Also try google, its a wonderful thing.

Omg you are sooo smart, why didnt i think of using google.... -.-

Xeonerable said: »
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/guide/armoury01.html

should be somewhat helpful if you are just starting.

Well more as restarting back, havent played since before changes.

ok that was good to know. but question, is archer not a main class anymore, cause its a bit confusing with disciples of war is archer but then on bottom says jobs then base class.
By Xeonerable 2012-05-10 22:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

They are still main classes so to speak, the jobs are the advanced version of them. To use Bard you have to switch to Archer then equip the Bard soul stone which switches you to Bard.

Jobs and the base class share the same abilities. The only difference is a job gets a few more abilities specific to it.

If you use the base class you can also set abilities from any other base class. While on a job you can only set abilities from 2 specific base classes.

Usually the use of base classes is better for like soloing.
VIP
By alyria 2012-05-10 23:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i see. ok so i dont wanna be bard >.> lol i can just be main archer with the sub classes/abilities. so what levels should be the other classes for archer?
By Filtiarne 2012-05-10 23:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

No one will take an archer on anything. You want to pick a JOB not a class. The jobs are so much better it has essentially rendered the classes obsolete. Bard is a secondary DD/Buffer. If you want to DD pick Monk, Warrior, Dragoon. Monk is beast right now and War is insane but its getting nerfed and Drg has some buffs coming so either of those three are your best option.
VIP
By alyria 2012-05-10 23:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill stick to archer for now. im not looking for end game, just for fun leveling for myself anyways.
By THECAPTAIN 2012-05-10 23:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

They actually did a very good job with bard in this game, you're basically an archer who can also buff with songs.
VIP
By alyria 2012-05-11 00:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well its discouraging to play this game for me then. i came back to try it with the changes but didnt know basically archer isnt worth ***but a bard, i dont even like to cure ppl lol so i know im not gonna buff :(
By THECAPTAIN 2012-05-11 00:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You're misunderstanding, the only thing you do different on bard is sing a song every 3min, other than that you play archer like normal and even get a new WS.

You'll be playing ARC, just with a song you can sing for a quick buff. It's not anything like bard in XI. In this game it's actually a strong DD.
VIP
By alyria 2012-05-11 00:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well thats not how u guys were saying!! *cries*

hmm so i level arc anyways? so according to that site says i need archer to 30 and conj to 15... im still confused a bit do i have to do that bard quest or can i just do arc all the way?
By THECAPTAIN 2012-05-11 00:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You can do ARC all the way, and it is better for solo play than BRD.

Basically classes are designed more for solo or low man play, whereas jobs are for full party events.

As for the quest, think of it like advanced job quests in XI, you needed to be level 30 to start them. In this you have to be lv30 on a class, and lv15 on another to start the quest for that specific job. So in bards case, 30ARC and 15CNJ.

Edit: Oh also, BRD will be the same level of the class that it upgrades from. Meaning if you're a lv40 ARC then you'll be a lv40 BRD, then as you level up on archer your bard will level up simultaneously.
VIP
By alyria 2012-05-11 00:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

oh thats cool then.

i will do that.

so the other classes, should i level them to 10, 15, or 20?
By THECAPTAIN 2012-05-11 00:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Each have abilities that are useful, such as sentinel from GLA and things like second wind from PGL. I can go into a bit more detail later when I have more time to type it out.

Oh also, classes can take abilities from any other class, but jobs can only take abilities from it's sub classes. So for bard you can only take abilities from ARC and CNJ.
By Filtiarne 2012-05-11 01:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I would get the other classes as high level as you can stand. If you plan on playing archer solo you will find many cross-class abilities to be useful to you. Second wind, sentinel, rampart, invigorate are all great examples. Bard is actually quite fun to play, its just that your buffs are usually essential to speed runs and most primal fights so you can expect some level of pressure. Battle voice + Ballad of Magi at the right time, while keeping swiftsong up on the party. And trying to cast
BV Ballad of Magi on the mages's while not hitting the DD's with it, then running back over to the DD's(and yourself) and giving them BV Paeon of War. All the while you are trying to keep your DPS as high as possible throughout the run. You will find yourself having people yelling at you more often than a Whm if you aren't doing your job correctly. Bard takes some getting used to. That being said I have found myself enjoying it despite my strict front line job policy.
VIP
By alyria 2012-05-11 01:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i see but arc can take the other classes abilities.

hmmm

so i can still do other jobs like be a monk if i did get bard? or only 1 job?
By THECAPTAIN 2012-05-11 01:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Can have every job, no limitations.
VIP
By alyria 2012-05-11 01:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

cool thanks
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-05-11 01:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Aly Saxena said: »

hmmm

Firstly, the "onry one job" bit. You can have every class level 50; and, in turn, will cause said Job to be same level as the class it branches off of. In case you're curious about your point allotments, you have 45 points for each class (again, job will share point allotments from the class it branches off of.)

As for the useful abilities from other jobs that you can set and what level you'd need for them, I suggest going to mooglebox and click on Abilities. look through the classes and look for ones that have "all classes" and "DoW" under the "cross-class?" bit.

If you're just going to ARC to 50 only, get...
MRD 6 (Bloodbath)
LNC 26 (Blood for Blood, Invigorate, Keen Fury)
PUG 6 (Featherfoot(eh), Second Wind)
GLD 22 (Rampart, Sentinel)
CON 26 (Cure, Protect, Raise, Stoneskin)
(I'd leave Featherfoot out in a party and keep Raise set, and take Raise off for when solo and put on Protect. Honestly, Featherfoot is nice, but not really needed on ARC... Can just shadowbind and/or Decoy for 100% magic/ranged/physical hit evasion rather than an increased chance to evade a physical attack. I don't really have THM leveled, but I guess a Fire/Fira for if you're farming something...? >.>)

If you got some questions about BRD though, let me know! :o I only leveled it to get Chameleon for my DRG, but hot damn. I fell in love with it lol. (Not more than DRG mind you!) Also, inb4walloftext
VIP
By alyria 2012-05-11 14:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ohhhh thanks! that is helpful. ill try it out
By sunpride 2012-05-11 21:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »

hmmm

Firstly, the "onry one job" bit. You can have every class level 50; and, in turn, will cause said Job to be same level as the class it branches off of. In case you're curious about your point allotments, you have 45 points for each class (again, job will share point allotments from the class it branches off of.)

As for the useful abilities from other jobs that you can set and what level you'd need for them, I suggest going to mooglebox and click on Abilities. look through the classes and look for ones that have "all classes" and "DoW" under the "cross-class?" bit.

MRD 6 (Bloodbath)
(I'd leave Featherfoot out in a party and keep Raise set, and take Raise off for when solo and put on Protect. Honestly, Featherfoot is nice, but not really needed on ARC... Can just shadowbind and/or Decoy for 100% magic/ranged/physical hit evasion rather than an increased chance to evade a physical attack. I don't really have THM leveled, but I guess a Fire/Fira for if you're farming something...? >.>)

If you got some questions about BRD though, let me know! :o I only leveled it to get Chameleon for my DRG, but hot damn. I fell in love with it lol. (Not more than DRG mind you!) Also, inb4walloftext

CON should really get to 34 for Sacred Prism.(AOE's the next enhancing spell, IE stoneskin) Even if she decides to never play BRD, having Sacred Prism is really handy in a lot of situations.
By THECAPTAIN 2012-05-11 21:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ingolf Vogeler said: »
Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »

hmmm

MRD 6 (Bloodbath)

CON should really get to 34 for Sacred Prism.(AOE's the next enhancing spell, IE stoneskin) Even if she decides to never play BRD, having Sacred Prism is really handy in a lot of situations.

Definitely true!
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-05-11 22:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I would have said CON to 34, but then I thought AoE Stoneskin only really applies to a party situation. But, if you have a WHM in the party, their Stoneskin is going to be better than a BRD's due to the job trait and higher VIT. AoEing Cure would be the main thing I'd suggest having Sacred Prism for, but she said she didn't want to have to focus on spell casting only. :x
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-05-13 12:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I havn't seen it mentioned anywhere in here but I think they just put out a whole bunch of gear that is for base classes only (gla, arc, etc not for jobs) so those might be worth looking into.

Don't be afraid to give bard a try though... honestly I was pritty disapointed as well when I found out archer got bard as it's job. The changes from just playing archer are fairly minimal though and Paeon (tp regain) + the added WS are pritty nice to pick up the loss of the lancer abilites.

Edit: I know the first bit isn't about sub classes but thought it might be worth mentioning
By Irohuro 2012-05-14 17:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, your basically just a DD with extra party-wide buffs. and omg rain of death is so much fun