it's just a burst affinity macro
[+]
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2019-01-18 14:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I wanted to point out I made a lot of changes to the dps spreadsheet in the op, there were some mistakes, like it's not calculating chaos roll with the same parameter from set 1 to set2, cor roll +7 (standard for a while now) isn't considered, also, on set 2 there is no consideration for the native wsd on both empy and mythic as the formula only included the cells for the set 1 offhand.
I'm not sure I did everything correctly honestly, it's been 5 years since I hadn't worked on those sheets :) Don't hate in case.

With the above said, and made sure that the same sets give the same values in set 1 and 2, and to a certain degree, with all the right spells/food/jas/buffs in place (I considered Sublime Sushi, Nat meditation, Bergressor, regal cor cc sam and chaos, Marcato honor march, march, min, mad, Geo Frailty and Torpor. Can we call them "standard" ally buffs? I would assume so if you're making R15 weapons and +2 necks).

TL;DR

Tizona R15 + TPBonus offhand with BIS sets posted in OP (no need to go out of your way and make a specific acc set) is BY FAR the best combo we can get in almost every situation, being this from fodder to lvl145 mobs (no I havn't checked above that).

It's been said, in the previous pages, by very trustworthy ppl, but sorry, I had to double check as I noticed there are some strange things in spreadsheet.

By a lot I mean 5818,983 vs 7117,151 on lvl 135 Mobs
Set 1 is Almace R15 with Sequence offhand using CDC considering empy AM3 and set 2 is Tizona R14 with Thibron offhand using Expiacion with mythic AM3.

You might get different values since I used my personal Herc etc. gear augs, which are not optimal, but in that direction (no dm).

Cool, as Taint said a few pages, back, time to farm :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Server: Siren
By Siren.Sohokyuhnatsan 2019-01-21 22:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

intrloper said: »
Just want to make sure if you dont mind, the dream tier nuke set on main page is still best?
yep
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-01-22 03:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sohokyuhnatsan said: »
intrloper said: »
Just want to make sure if you dont mind, the dream tier nuke set on main page is still best?
yep

Keep in mind this set has rather low macc. I prefer to sue relic+3 legs (on top of high macc they also have much higher VIT, STR and AGI which are WSC for some high end nukes like Searing Tempest, Entomb and Silent Storm and partialy for Tenebral Crush).

Jihakri feet also has higher macc, INT, STR, DEX which again are WSC for some high end nukes (INT rising dINT for almost all of them too) and have +7 magic burst, so they would probably win damage wise for magic bursts too.

+2 Neck is also nice macc swap.

Lastly Orpheus Sash is bis for every nuke when you are close to target and there is no double weather active for you spell.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Atigev
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Atigev 2019-01-22 11:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Galiber said: »
Ok, I wanted to point out I made a lot of changes to the dps spreadsheet in the op, there were some mistakes, like it's not calculating chaos roll with the same parameter from set 1 to set2, cor roll +7 (standard for a while now) isn't considered, also, on set 2 there is no consideration for the native wsd on both empy and mythic as the formula only included the cells for the set 1 offhand.
I'm not sure I did everything correctly honestly, it's been 5 years since I hadn't worked on those sheets :) Don't hate in case.

With the above said, and made sure that the same sets give the same values in set 1 and 2, and to a certain degree, with all the right spells/food/jas/buffs in place (I considered Sublime Sushi, Nat meditation, Bergressor, regal cor cc sam and chaos, Marcato honor march, march, min, mad, Geo Frailty and Torpor. Can we call them "standard" ally buffs? I would assume so if you're making R15 weapons and +2 necks).

TL;DR

Tizona R15 + TPBonus offhand with BIS sets posted in OP (no need to go out of your way and make a specific acc set) is BY FAR the best combo we can get in almost every situation, being this from fodder to lvl145 mobs (no I havn't checked above that).

It's been said, in the previous pages, by very trustworthy ppl, but sorry, I had to double check as I noticed there are some strange things in spreadsheet.

By a lot I mean 5818,983 vs 7117,151 on lvl 135 Mobs
Set 1 is Almace R15 with Sequence offhand using CDC considering empy AM3 and set 2 is Tizona R14 with Thibron offhand using Expiacion with mythic AM3.

You might get different values since I used my personal Herc etc. gear augs, which are not optimal, but in that direction (no dm).

Cool, as Taint said a few pages, back, time to farm :)

Curious as to if this is under the updated spreadsheets link on the front page, and also if it is, which one of the 2 listed there are updated or is it both? I have Tizona nearly complete (first part to 75) so figure i might want to start readjusting sets.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-01-31 12:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking over my BLU sets, and I'm curious about the +Burst Affinity gear. Aside from bursting but when BA is active, should I stay with using let's say Hashishin Basmak +1 (MAB+27/BA+15), or something with more raw MAB?
 Asura.Byrne
Server: Asura
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-31 12:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Looking over my BLU sets, and I'm curious about the +Burst Affinity gear. Aside from bursting but when BA is active, should I stay with using let's say Hashishin Basmak +1 (MAB+27/BA+15), or something with more raw MAB?

The Burst Affinity is multiplied in a separate term, and is still calculated whether you burst or not, so it would requires some seriously compelling MAB to be worth using while BA is active. That said, you obviously shouldn't full-time them. A fair number of BLU luas should have an argument in them for this situation.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-01-31 13:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I recall testing it myself out in Ronfaure a while ago and I found out Mavi was inferior to Amalric even with Burst Affinity active. I’ll double check when I get home, but I’m fairly certain that was the case.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-31 14:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
I recall testing it myself out in Ronfaure a while ago and I found out Mavi was inferior to Amalric even with Burst Affinity active. I’ll double check when I get home, but I’m fairly certain that was the case.

I'm assuming you mean Hashishin+1, because Amalric+1 vs lv 90 empy gear would be a silly comparison. Also it was not stated that it was not possible to beat, only that the MAB would have to be rather compelling.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-01-31 16:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, Whatever thr 119 boots are called. I compared them to NQ Amalric at the time and the Analric Boots won if I remember correctly. Jhakri +2 probably win too at that point so there’s no real point macroing those boots in until the Empyrean upgrades come in.
By ixmalicexi 2019-02-03 09:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Is a Thibron worth using with a 119 III Tizona or does it really only work well with the R15 Tizona?
By SimonSes 2019-02-03 09:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

ixmalicexi said: »
Is a Thibron worth using with a 119 III Tizona or does it really only work well with the R15 Tizona?

It will still be strong, but remember you are losing 30 accuracy and if you dont have +2 neck too, whole setup will be limited to even lower ilvl content.
[+]
By Taint 2019-02-03 09:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

ixmalicexi said: »

The answer is yes, but SimonSes is right be mindful of acc
By DaneBlood 2019-02-04 07:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

just looking for a rule of thumb here

how high shoudl the Rank on tizon be before chanigns over main ws from CDC to exp ?

Curently my wides character are rocking

TizAne R2 / Almace AG
R15 neck
Ambuscade+2 / adhamer NQ gear
No reisenjima gear yet (beside begrudging ring that she has in her cdc set)
By SimonSes 2019-02-04 07:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
just looking for a rule of thumb here

how high shoudl the Rank on tizon be before chanigns over main ws from CDC to exp ?

Curently my wides character are rocking

TizAne R2 / Almace AG
R15 neck
Ambuscade+2 / adhamer NQ gear
No reisenjima gear yet (beside begrudging ring that she has in her cdc set)

It depends like always. With rank 2, the damage jump wont be that high in solo situation when you constantly solo sc with cdc. If you dont solo and you have 95% accuracy with TP bonus sword for content you are doing, use Tizona/Tp bonus. Without TP bonus offhand and with rank 2 Tizona, Expiacion is probably better than cdc around 2000TP.
[+]
 Shiva.Pukkaup
user: robertlee
By Shiva.Pukkaup 2019-02-04 09:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a set of spells to use for top dps i am using these atm

Delta Thrust
Barbed Crescent
Empty Thrash
Heavy Strike
Thrashing Assault
Sudden Lunge
Fantod
Diffusion Ray
Sickle Slash
Tail Slap
Sinker Drill
Paralyzing Triad
Nature’s Meditation
Anvil Lightning
Erratic Flutter
Magic Fruit
Tenebral Crush

i am wondering if there is a better set up?
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2019-02-04 10:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Pukkaup said: »
Anyone have a set of spells to use for top dps i am using these atm

Delta Thrust
Barbed Crescent
Empty Thrash
Heavy Strike
Thrashing Assault
Sudden Lunge
Fantod
Diffusion Ray
Sickle Slash
Tail Slap
Sinker Drill
Paralyzing Triad
Nature’s Meditation
Anvil Lightning
Erratic Flutter
Magic Fruit
Tenebral Crush

i am wondering if there is a better set up?

I think that's pretty ideal for straight DD. I like subduction for general utility and cocoon is nice to have too. Maybe could swap out fruit or Ten Crush for those two, but what you have should be the top if you have support and are only worrying about DD.

Ten Crush really just gives magical accuracy trait unless you're casting it for defense down of course, (pretty sure it's aoe so it's situational) then it's a bit meh as you shouldn't be casting on high levels mobs if you're focusing on DD.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-02-04 11:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tdizzle said: »
Ten Crush really just gives magical accuracy trait unless you're casting it for defense down of course, (pretty sure it's aoe so it's situational) then it's a bit meh as you shouldn't be casting on high levels mobs if you're focusing on DD.

How are you only "pretty sure" that it's AoE?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-02-04 11:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I pretty much always keep Tenebral Crush set and nearly always start fight off with it if I can. Unless there's someone with Angon, Full Break, or BST debuffs, you'll want to make sure it's on the mob if it doesn't resist. -20% defense is huge and doesn't just help your numbers.

I would remove Diffusion Ray, Tail Slap, and Sickle Slash (Fantod and Sudden Lunge are already giving you STP trait III) for utility spells if you deamed them necessary honestly. Otherwise your set is good for when you don't really need any support. There's potential to swap Anvil Lightning for Embalming Earth to give attack over accuracy, but that initial trait for BLU with 1200+ JPs is a large impact over missing the trait altogether. Nature's Meditation is already taking care of Accuracy Bonus III, so putting in Embalming Earth in place of Anvil Lightning and adding a utility spell like Blank Gaze, Glutinous Dart, or Sheep Song would probably benefit you more.
By SimonSes 2019-02-04 12:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
I would remove Diffusion Ray, Tail Slap, and Sickle Slash (Fantod and Sudden Lunge are already giving you STP trait III) for utility spells if you deamed them necessary honestly. (...) and adding a utility spell like Blank Gaze, Glutinous Dart, or Sheep Song would probably benefit you more.

Sorry but this two points are just stupid. Guy is asking about top dps spell build and you are talking about blank gaze, Dart or Sheep song. How that help dps?

Same as taking off +10 store tp for utility?

If he would ask about solo all-around build, then we can talk about such things, but top dps build is top dps build.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-02-04 13:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
I would remove Diffusion Ray, Tail Slap, and Sickle Slash (Fantod and Sudden Lunge are already giving you STP trait III) for utility spells if you deamed them necessary honestly. (...) and adding a utility spell like Blank Gaze, Glutinous Dart, or Sheep Song would probably benefit you more.

Sorry but this two points are just stupid. Guy is asking about top dps spell build and you are talking about blank gaze, Dart or Sheep song. How that help dps?

Same as taking off +10 store tp for utility?

If he would ask about solo all-around build, then we can talk about such things, but top dps build is top dps build.

Whatchu talkin bout Willis? The Dart, Sheep Song, and Gaze is for the two freed points from switching from Anvil Lightning(8) to Embalming Earth(6) for going from Accuracy Bonus IV to Attack Bonus III and Accuracy Bonus III. No need to be a jerk when you can't math.

The bit I say about utility is anything beyond that. If you needed Winds of Promyvion past that then losing 5 STP is probably cheaper than losing Attack Bonus III.

You literally just chopped out the stuff I said so you could strawman and attack me lol
By SimonSes 2019-02-04 13:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry. I was too harsh for no reason.

I can math tho :)

Tbh Pukkaup havent specified what weapons he uses, which is kinda important. He also posted a set with 78/80 points, so you could put that Dart for stats there, without switching anything.
By oyama 2019-02-05 22:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
Delta Thrust
Barbed Crescent
Empty Thrash
Thrashing Assault
Heavy Strike
Nature's Meditation
Anvil Lightning
Frenetic Rip
Vanity Dive
Sudden Lunge
Fantod
Tail Slap
Sickle Slash
Diffusion Ray
Sinker Drill
Paralyzing Triad
Searing Tempest
Glutinous Dart
Barrier Tusk
Cocoon

DW3
TA
Acc5
STP5
Crit Dmg 3
SC Bonus 3
Attack 3
HP Bonus 3 (+120)

Completely offensive with a focus on dex and accuracy and a small but potent complement of overall durability. I rarely use it but it's a good starting point for if I'm purely DDing with a solid group. Acc and STP are the first to start dropping in favor of utilities, and I usually have a sam doing ageha on anything that matters so i don't set crush as often.
By SimonSes 2019-02-05 23:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

For pure melee DDing with Tizona/TPbonus and some utility I would go for:
DW III
TA
Acc IV
STP V
Attack III

White Wind
Occultation
Barrier Tusk
Cocoon
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-06 05:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Omen solo discussion

Wonder if anyone in here has a video of a BLU solo cleaving Omen? I'd be very very curious to see it.
By Autocast 2019-02-06 07:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

no video but takes me 20min/run on my lesser geared blu to clear all mobs (and still get 3-4 cards per run)

Standard DD traits, entomb, floe, subduction and dream flower, Keep verve up (diffusion verve will generally last the whole run unless too many charges are used up)

Pay attention to mob placement, you want to aggro pull the mobs not clustered, you don't have to aggro everything because of the small area of mobs on floor 1/2, Aggro the stragglers and drag them into the majority of the pack and dream flower (having a toggle to dream flower in high PDT makes this even easier).

Entomb > Floe will kill all non trans mobs, maybe a subduction if you get a resist or two, dream flower the trans mobs and either kill straight up melee or skip them. I kill them and tend to clear most objectives off them without adding any additional time (skip any objectives that slow things down)

Third floor is similiar, I only pull one pack at a time, aggro the ones not stacked and drag them into the biggest cluster of stacked mobs and dream flower > entomb > floe. burst + Floe alone will one shot all non trans. Mandies hit pretty hard, tend to make sure they get their initial attack round off before I swap over into casting set.

Porxie take less damage, but entomb > burst floe will still kill all non trans, if no burst then it will take a few subudctions, or one crush if you set that.

Pixies I just run into a group of them and entomb, they take little magic damage but high melee, just 1 ws per will kill them.

While my nuke gear is good on this char my other gear is lacking. I have no TH gear so I'm stuck going /thf, rdm sub with proper phalanx set would help a lot I imagine. As well as like mentioned above if you make a toggle to cast your initial dream flower in capped PDT you will find yourself MUCH safer (I do not have one and I have died a few times, but rarely)

I use defensive food, August+yoran+king+joa+qul(refresh2, buffs for meleeing down trans mobs, evokers and of course cures)

One thing you can do to make it easier pull wise is to use melee whm who will follow you and cure on pull, engage in turtle set to activate trusts then run around and gather as much as you can, imagine doing this with proper gear and solid phalanx would let you pull two packs at a time on last floor.

Like mentioned above I have to /thf since no TH gear atm. I get 8-10 crystals on average it seems and have spiked up to 16~+/- on more than a few occasions.

Proper gear, tweaks to strat and gearswap and proper sub and I could see 15min/run being possible.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-02-06 08:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Autocast said: »

How many runs you did? With 1500 detritus farmed I avg 10 per run with th8 on everything. On other char with /thf I avg 6 per run and few time I went /thf on main with th+2 in gear it was also around 7 avg.

People seems to eyeball those 8-10 crystals with /thf, or have selective memory like with misses on Fudo, or just havent done enough runs to and were lucky, or I am just super unlucky.
First Page 2 3 ... 353 354 355 ... 445 446 447