Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Super Azdaja Solo 64
Super Azdaja Solo 64
 Phoenix.Neosutra
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2012-04-22 12:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you ever think to make a standard Pure DD set to match your hybrid PDT TP set? Or did you just assume you'd have shadows down too much?

You're not capping haste with that set especially. Dark rings, wiglen, flume, shadow, none of them are helping with shadows are up. Wiglen is actually problem hurting more due to you mostly taking damage through magic when shadows are up.

Also when staying still, Moluscous mantle beats shadow mantle easily.

I was thinking:

Also, your shield block isn't going to be really high enough to justify Genbu over just dual weilding (can even use another PDT sword if you want for more PDT than Genbu and higher DPS).

Nice video, very impressive.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2012-04-22 13:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Another Red Mage soloist that makes me want to level Red Mage.

Also a thought about Neosutra's comment, having dual swords would of increased Azdaja's TP frequency, bad for business. This isn't some meatgrinding zerg. Rdms need control and predictability in their soloings.

Oh, and a question for Ryuotas: Are you reaching 600 defense after buffs and such before food? I assume you are. If not, you may want to consider Rabbit Pie over Tavnazian Taco. 100atk and defense so long as you've reached 400 base in both.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2012-04-22 14:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Using dual weild wouldn't increase the TP rate significantly enough for it to be worrisome. It would howevery increase DPS by a decent margin at the cost of a mere 4% cure pot.

I understand the "not pure DD set" decision due to being casting/etc most of the time and it not mattering much, but you're essentially cutting your DPS in half during the times you are swinging.

In the end it may be a wise decision to go hybrid DPS/PDT, I just think there are a few peices you can swap out to maximize the 2.

Twilight torque over Wiglen.
Molluscous mantle (can have on event put it in for spike flail and spells cast on you) and Atheling.
Augmented Haste + PDT pants works well.
You could then easily cap PDT with a few peices more of gear (rings) and get your haste belt back.

Again, just suggestions, nice video :)

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
Server: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-04-22 15:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutra said: »
Using dual weild wouldn't increase the TP rate significantly enough for it to be worrisome. It would howevery increase DPS by a decent margin at the cost of a mere 4% cure pot.

I understand the "not pure DD set" decision due to being casting/etc most of the time and it not mattering much, but you're essentially cutting your DPS in half during the times you are swinging.

In the end it may be a wise decision to go hybrid DPS/PDT, I just think there are a few peices you can swap out to maximize the 2.

Twilight torque over Wiglen.
Molluscous mantle (can have on event put it in for spike flail and spells cast on you) and Atheling.
Augmented Haste + PDT pants works well.
You could then easily cap PDT with a few peices more of gear (rings) and get your haste belt back.

Again, just suggestions, nice video :)

You could at least read carefully when you give advices to ppl.
Guy doesnt even use windower and you suggesting 3rd party tools that do things for you which in this case when he do challenging stuff only for his pleasure would be totally stupid.

EDIT: Oh yeah forgot to say. That was most impressive solo I have seen so far. Waiting for more.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2012-04-22 20:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Atoreis said: »

Guy doesnt even use windower and you suggesting 3rd party tools that do things for you which in this case when he do challenging stuff only for his pleasure would be totally stupid.

Because swapping gear is the challenging part right?

I was giving constructive feedback on gear sets and ways to be more effective. I could really care less if he chooses to not make use of them.

This has nothing to do with "reading carefully". It does however, have everything to do with you having a stick up your ***. I'm not even sure what motivated you to even take the time to "get offended" by my post. Or what went through your mind to think it was a good idea to attack me.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Atoreis
Server: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-04-23 12:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutra said: »
Bahamut.Atoreis said: »

Because swapping gear is the challenging part right?

I was giving constructive feedback on gear sets and ways to be more effective. I could really care less if he chooses to not make use of them.

This has nothing to do with "reading carefully". It does however, have everything to do with you having a stick up your ***. I'm not even sure what motivated you to even take the time to "get offended" by my post. Or what went through your mind to think it was a good idea to attack me.

I dont like when ppl come with suggestion to use 3rd party tools to make everything easier.
Yes, swapping gear with so many things going on that fight (keeping shadows and buffs) is very difficult especially with old macro system.
[+]
 Bismarck.Treasurehider
Server: Bismarck
user: Jessee
By Bismarck.Treasurehider 2012-04-23 13:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Props to you on doing this without the temptations of using Windower. The first thing I noticed in your video was that you weren't using Windower. Very nice to see still these days. :)

Congratulations on all of your hard work and effort!

In my opinion, however people want to spin it, Windower does alter the gameplay of FFXI a fair amount just as do other 3rd party tools and so it's very nice to see things like this done within the boundaries of how the game was meant to be played.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-04-23 13:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If that's the case, where do you draw the line? Try some solo naked with just a weapon or maybe a level 1 game?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [56 days between previous and next post]
By Schwertzauberer 2012-06-18 12:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

How did I miss this?!
My Inner RDM has not been this impressed in a very long time...
Ryuotas, you are my new RDM hero.

Take that Abyssea and your orgy of bonuses!

Post deleted by User.
By Smurfite 2012-06-18 15:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ryuotas said: »
Schwertzauberer said: »
How did I miss this?!
My Inner RDM has not been this impressed in a very long time...
Ryuotas, you are my new RDM hero.

Take that Abyssea and your orgy of bonuses!

Thanks! I've always wanted to be someone's hero; now I have an excuse for why I always walk around my house in my underwear and a cape.

lolz