First Page 2
 Bahamut.Dionikes
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2012-04-07 21:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,
I keep getting this message then i just d/c.
It tells me my connection is no good or something. I dont even r0, i just am immediately kicked out. Its random, but happening a lot.

While it happens my connection to everything else is fine, skype, the internet, everything. Anyone have any idea?
PoL error 2059...
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-07 21:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So many POL errors since the update...

I think SE caused more issues than the ones they fixed lol

(they gave PC users the same client updates as Xbox)
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2012-04-07 22:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well i hope its fixed. all my friends on PC have no problems at all. so not sure if its SE or my computer
 Cerberus.Blutantaru
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Blutantaru 2012-04-07 22:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Since that last patch, I have had some really odd issues with XI. I can't zone into Jeuno without having to force DC and I get an endless "Downloading data" screen and it has progressively become worse. Just recently, about anytime I zone, I have to force DC and log back in. My net is fine and I don't have issues with anything else.

I tried all the obvious things, so today I decided to reinstall and I'm still patching. Hopefully this will answer my problems.

I don't know of anyone else that had the same problem as I did though. Hopefully yours is an easy fix.
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2012-04-07 23:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It keeps happening. I dont understand it. Just disconnected. No r0, no slow d/c, just kicked out.

Does this have ANYthing to do with my internet connection?

Is there possibly ANYthing wrong with my computer that is forcing me out?
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2012-04-07 23:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I let my subscription lapse about a month ago, but for the two months leading up to that I had many of the same problems people ITT are complaining about. In addition to other annoying glitchiness the not being about to zone in jeuno w/o a DC was just unacceptable.
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2012-04-08 00:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Is anyone else having these problems?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1210 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Hulkamania
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Hulkamania 2015-08-02 19:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Still happening to me, most common reason I d/c these days.
 Asura.Kaoriasada
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kaoriasada 2015-08-02 19:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That was QUITE the bump. That actually happened to me last night. :1
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [220 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Tsutushutu
By Asura.Tsutushutu 2016-03-09 11:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

And for some reason it just started happening to me now, also
By Ruaumoko 2016-03-20 04:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been happening here as well. I have noticed something similar happening to a number of people I have done events with over the past few days. It seems to be affecting myself a fair bit more though.

Sometimes it is POL-2059. Otherwise it is POL-4001 and a 'No Response from Server' notification.

I have considered doing some port forwarding to see if that alleviates the issue but I'm hardly tech-savvy and do not know the specific port numbers I need to look for.

I wonder if SE is doing something to their servers in preparation for dropping PlayStation 2 and Xbox support. Crossed wires and perhaps they are disrupting PC connections to servers?
By Supa 2016-03-20 06:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
I have considered doing some port forwarding to see if that alleviates the issue but I'm hardly tech-savvy and do not know the specific port numbers I need to look for.

I used these

TCP 25, 110, and 443 for e-mail
TCP 80 for web access
And dynamic ports 50000 to 65535 for various communications

UDP ports 50000-65535 for various communications

There should be a setting to allow you to specify that when your computer requests a port, it will trigger the rule to allow access activating all the other ports for a specific communication with a server. You can set it so that one or more of these ports will trigger the rule:

TCP 51220 (Authentication Login)
TCP 53001 (FFXI Patch Connection)
TCP 54001 (FFXI Connection)
TCP 51300 (PlayOnline Menu Update)
TCP 54000 (PlayOnline Patch Connection)
TCP 51240 (PlayOnline Redirection Connection)

or you can just set it as a range from 51000 to 55000 TCP

Had a similar issue, port forwarding didn't resolve DMZ did
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-03-20 06:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Supa said: »
Ruaumoko said: »

I used these

TCP 25, 110, and 443 for e-mail
TCP 80 for web access
And dynamic ports 50000 to 65535 for various communications

UDP ports 50000-65535 for various communications

There should be a setting to allow you to specify that when your computer requests a port, it will trigger the rule to allow access activating all the other ports for a specific communication with a server. You can set it so that one or more of these ports will trigger the rule:

TCP 51220 (Authentication Login)
TCP 53001 (FFXI Patch Connection)
TCP 54001 (FFXI Connection)
TCP 51300 (PlayOnline Menu Update)
TCP 54000 (PlayOnline Patch Connection)
TCP 51240 (PlayOnline Redirection Connection)

or you can just set it as a range from 51000 to 55000 TCP

Had a similar issue, port forwarding didn't resolve DMZ did
Turns out I did not have a DMZ enabled on my modem/WiFi. I enabled it and allocated my Static IP to the same. Will see if this improves the situation.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-04-06 23:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

>.>
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [229 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Baekxc
By Asura.Baekxc 2016-11-21 12:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently I been getting the POL-2059 error and my comcast internet at work is solid. Streaming youtube music, using the internet, working online without any other problems. Of course Comcast said I didn't have enough bandwidth and that might be an issue but I said 50 Mbs is plenty for what we do at work.
My home computer doesn't ever d/c with the error. Switching to vanilla mode and see if it still d/c's b/c it might that issue.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-11-21 12:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

check to make sure they haven't been service outages in the area - they might be upgrading stuff to fiber.
 Asura.Baekxc
By Asura.Baekxc 2016-11-21 13:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah Comcast won't go fiber. They did a diagnostic check and said everything was good on their end like always.
By billnes 2016-11-23 19:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I was on the phone with Cablevision/Optimum when I got the 2059 disconnect. The agent from the company said he was seeing a high load on the CPU of my cable modem st the time it happened. If your provider has different internet speed packages, you may want to upgrade.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-11-23 20:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I get a similar error like once to twice a day, I get disconnected from pol saying there is no network response while I've been on the internet or on discord with no interruption on their side.

Been happening for the past couple months and I cant seem to find a fix for it either ;_;
 Fenrir.Celdwn
Server: Fenrir
user: celdwn
By Fenrir.Celdwn 2016-11-23 22:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

if this game causes bandwidth issues with Comcast, they are having serious infrastructure issues. This game was designed to run on AOL dialup, no kidding. Maybe squareE needs to offer a peer to peer modem service, so we can ditch the internet and put our cell phones on a cradle. I have unlimited minutes.

I too have these issues, only since the Nov. update. Is spyware, or just crappy routing, putting too much lag time into the connection, appearing to the server as lost packets? Maybe JetBlue has taken over the internet, and all traffic has to go thru Atlanta.

Good luck to us all hope to be able to log in again someday.
 Asura.Baekxc
By Asura.Baekxc 2016-11-29 08:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea don't understand there is no way that the game or even my workplace is occupying large amounts of bandwidth when all we do at work is use the computers for browsing the internet.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [905 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-05-23 01:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. Anyone else getting a lot of these in the last few days?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-23 01:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, actually surprised a thread didn't pop up yet.
By Ashleyz 2019-05-23 01:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had this happen to me over the last few days. I run 5 characters on 2 PCs, this morning I had on PC1 1/3 2059 and PC2 2/2 2059. It has to be on SE's or Comcast's end, 2/5 remained connected.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-05-23 02:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I can use my phone's mobile data for wifi and I have a hotspot for wifi data and each are unique and I switched from one to the other and still ended up getting the POL error. Otherwise, my settings havn't been changed at all in the last... in forever.

The only thing that is "different" versus my normal play is that due to the free log on, I have been logging in abandoned alts just for extra AH slots, but not dualboxing them or anything. So weird. The more they mess with FFXI, but more problems seem to show up. Friggin' ambuscade monthy changes need to die in a fire and there just needs to be like 20 different battle types you can mess with instead of changing it and the RoE stuff so often now. Not saying that it's the cause, but it certainly seems they can't do anything perfect anymore and just slop "new" stuff together without properly vetting it.

*looks at my RoE that should say Ifrit, but says Lower Defulkts' Tower*. Friggin' SquareEnix.

...and I am on regular PC install. Not steam. I did, however, run a full file check hoping to correct anything that they may have ninja-repaired via that method. Oh well.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-23 02:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

it's their servers, nothing you can do about it. Its just going to happen until they fix it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-05-23 05:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Played for an hour or so in vanilla FFXI and got kicked eventually the same as in windower launcher. boooooo

It's not unplayable /yet/, but at least once every 2 hours I get booted.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-05-23 06:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been very stable for me in the past few days.
First Page 2