Link | Quote | Reply

500 a petrifact seems fair.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2012-10-15 14:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Better be able to convert conudrum KI's to crystal petrifacts because I just wasted 200+ petrifacts by converting them or throwing them away.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-10-15 14:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Now to wait and see the kind of horrible trade procedure they will come up with, such as having to head to a specific zone that can't be directly reached through teles, maws or books, to meet a new NPC that will only accept stacks of petrifacts and won't consider those that have been automatically been accumulated at the Moogle in WOE.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-19 19:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

10-18-2012 01:09 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

The exchange rate will be around 100 cruor or so for each Crystal Petrifact traded. The plan is make the method of exchanging simple by using Voidwatch Officers, Planar Rifts, and such, and we will also make it possible to exchange multiple stacks at one time.
Subscribe
 Siren.Calnus
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-10-19 19:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
10-18-2012 01:09 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

The exchange rate will be around 100 cruor or so for each Crystal Petrifact traded. The plan is make the method of exchanging simple by using Voidwatch Officers, Planar Rifts, and such, and we will also make it possible to exchange multiple stacks at one time.
Subscribe
So 9,900 cruor for a stack of 99? Wtf kind of useless crap is that when you make more cruor PER VNM kill? It should have been 500+. You would be better off same account muling them in the chance you spam PW in the future :\
[+]
 Titan.Marija
Server: Titan
user: Marija
By Titan.Marija 2012-10-19 20:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Now they make them mildly useful after I traded all mine in for Corundrums ._.
By Gimp 2012-10-19 20:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

we're used to these sort of meager benefits at least i know I can start saving my petrifacts I won't complain if it gets me more blinkers
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-09 11:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

11-09-2012 07:03 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding Crystal Petrifacts

Thank you for all of your opinions on crystal petrifacts.

After looking at all of the feedback, we've decided to hold off on any adjustments for crystal petrifacts for the time being.

Kupofried's Corundum/Crystal Petrifact have original purposes related to Provenance; however, in the future we plan to think about the applications for a little longer and involve it in the plan for overall adjustments to Voidwatch.

Since people may decide to perform the exchange in a hurry, it would be a waste of we added a new element to the system in the future. Since we are getting so many ideas at this point, we want to spend more time thinking about it before introducing any exchange system.

Therefore, we will leave the current situation as is for a while so that you can continue to save them if you desire.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe
 Asura.Zizek
Server: Asura
user: zizek
By Asura.Zizek 2012-11-09 11:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

-_-
[+]
 Shiva.Devrom
Server: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2012-11-09 11:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

so we have to keep saving them, and lose even more inventory space, hoping for an exchange system that may happen god knows when or never happen at all... great
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-09 14:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Official Post:

11-09-2012 02:20 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings everyone!

After looking over all of the feedback in regards to the planned adjustments for Crystal Petrifacts, the development team has decided to hold off on them at this time.

While there are a variety of thoughts for new ways of using Kupofried’s Medallion/Crystal Petrifacts that tie back to the original application in Provenance for the future, this is something that is closely related to plans for adjustments to Voidwatch as a whole, so we will be thinking about the uses keeping the long term in mind.

If we were to quickly add methods to exchange this item right now, it would become a waste when we implement new elements and content in the future, so we would like to spend some time looking into all the ideas we have received and not rush into anything.

With that said, it might be cumbersome to carry all those Crystal Petrifacts, but we would like you hang on to them a bit longer while we flesh out the plan. Of course, feel free to exchange them for Kupofried’s Medallion though!
Subscribe
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-11-09 14:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I hated those stupid things.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-11-09 14:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh look, he doesn't even know what they're for.
[+]
By spryte 2012-11-09 15:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

*** you SE and the dev team
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-11-09 15:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Before I quit it got to the point where i just dropped them. I had like 3 or 4 stacks and I was like thats enough, whatever they are, 50 is enough. Right after I left I think they made them stackable to 99, of course.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-13 15:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

11-12-2012 07:02 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding Crystal Petrifacts (Continued)

My translation. Don't go trading in your crystal petrifacts until there's an official translation; I don't want to be blamed!

Bismarck.Sclud (JP Player) said: »
Based on the way you worded the previous post, I'm understanding that I'm OK to change Crystal Petrifacts over to Kupofried's Corundum even if you add something in the future...?

Yes. After all of the feedback from people who had already traded for Kupofried's Corundum, we are now thinking about making this adjustment to give some sort of benefit to excess Kupofried's Corundum. Therefore, it does not matter if you make the conversion like it did before.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe