users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis FCing
Dynamis FCing
 Phoenix.Evildemon
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-26 16:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so recently I been seeing people pull a whole group of mobs during ws proc times, anyone know what kinda strat they doing for like what type of healer, what type of dd's, how many people? I might try and start doing that if bst is not as good as I was getting solo.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-26 16:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you're dedicating all the currency to one relic, it is very unlikely that it is more efficient.
 Odin.Ketsuu
Server: Odin
By Odin.Ketsuu 2012-03-26 16:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I never saw anyone do this, but more than likely doable pretty easily with 2 WHM, and a few WARs, additional pullers also would help.
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2012-03-26 16:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I see a pld doing this all the time with AE. Seems pretty epic tbh. Pulls every mob with WS proc at the time. PLD/DNC solo btw.
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2012-03-26 16:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I was under the impression FC in dyna was nerfed :(
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-26 16:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The proc rate was, but the yield wasn't affected. If he WSs enough, he could still proc them all.
 Phoenix.Evildemon
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-26 16:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking about going pld or war with my mule on whm or rdm to heal me, whichever would give me closest to what I was getting solo on bst if the th nerf screwed that up too much. Considering maybe subbing thf for th.

Any recommendations?
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-26 17:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

BST and THF is the first thing that comes to mind. Tag with THF, continue on as you used to as BST. Worst case, you get the same yield you used to. Best case, the increased TH and DPS maximizes your yield more.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-03-26 17:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The proc rate is so ridiculously low that anyone who uses this method is completely wasting their time. It was nerfed right after CoP dynamis was released because you could get a ridiculous amount of currency doing this. Balance!

AoE WS proc rate is not nerfed vs beastmen mobs however, only nightmare.

Phoenix.Evildemon said: »
I was thinking about going pld or war with my mule on whm or rdm to heal me, whichever would give me closest to what I was getting solo on bst if the th nerf screwed that up too much. Considering maybe subbing thf for th.

Any recommendations?

Don't do it. Or if you do, I told you so.
 Phoenix.Evildemon
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-26 17:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

that would be some time for me, I have to finish leveling my mule's thf and level her dagger which i'd probably just do gimped dagger in dynamis for a while since it would be easier. Thf no sub would be nice though could also get potential white procs O_o

Does a thf's th overwrite bst pet th? because then i'd need to see which pets I could replace falcor or yuly with for fighting and holding
 Phoenix.Evildemon
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-26 17:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
The proc rate is so ridiculously low that anyone who uses this method is completely wasting their time. It was nerfed right after CoP dynamis was released because you could get a ridiculous amount of currency doing this. Balance!

AoE WS proc rate is not nerfed vs beastmen mobs however, only nightmare.

Phoenix.Evildemon said: »

Any recommendations?

Don't do it. Or if you do, I told you so.

Hence why I ask before I find out the test run I do is a waste of time cause like I said I always see the same group or two doing it.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-26 17:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

THF's is higher and thus overwrites, yes. THF has no JAs to proc white with besides Bully. 1 JA every 3 minutes is blech.
 Phoenix.Evildemon
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-26 17:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

wouldn't matter to much on thf without sub trying to proc, Unless I was running a bot for her, I wouldn't be able to effectively proc on both
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-26 17:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Then just don't count on it and abuse it for the TH. Get Thief's Knife, +2 armlets, and boots, and you're set.

Otherwise, another option is to look into finding a dedicated, and driven, THF. It could prove mutually beneficial, but it could also prove a liability. I'd leave that up to your discretion. It's the tactic I'll be using to help my friend build his Apoc, but I won't be asking for anything in return, so it helps him a lot.
 Phoenix.Evildemon
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-26 18:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

She already has thf hands, and the -1 so just need to upgrade to +2, I have my thf knife she can wear, and I have nq feet and all jewels for +2 feet just need seals so not really a biggie.

I am considering duo dual boxing but that would require us both being able to go together which is iffy on my part soon so thinking bst and thf together might be better