Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 769 770 771 ... 834 835 836
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-02-01 07:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

No... I'm sure books would work, but I don't actually need more enhancing magic on WHM and I prefer to see if there's some other way to solve the problem.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-01 07:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to doublecheck but I think My ML37 RDM is capped on Enhancing Magic Skill.
For what it's worth... given how RDM has higher natural Enha Skill and ML37 is not ML47 alas.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Server: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2023-02-01 08:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
No... I'm sure books would work, but I don't actually need more enhancing magic on WHM and I prefer to see if there's some other way to solve the problem.

I know we’ve discussed this in LS many times, but it’s pretty surprising that this is happening if you’re using all of the gear/food/buffs available.

I’ve never had an issue recapping skills on my RDM using all of the above. It takes maybe 10-15 casts of each skill to recap after each ML, if that.

Are you absolutely sure you’re casting on ilvl 119 trusts? Using the Temachtiani armor means you aren’t 119. Perhaps have someone else call the trusts and stand around in full 119 to confirm?
By Blackhalo714 2023-02-01 13:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, Ramdomly missing job abilities/weapons skills when switching jobs. Some come back while others dissapear. Started happening after last patch. Looked for a solution and only found one disscusion on it. Restored files in ffxi config did not fix. Does both in vanilla and windower. Logging in and out no fix.
Anyone have this issue and/or idea how to fix?
By RadialArcana 2023-02-01 14:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have anything installed above and beyond the basic game files? I've seen it where I opened my skill or ws list and it sometimes shows the past jobs stuff but it goes away within seconds.
 Bismarck.Radec
Server: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2023-02-01 15:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

I'm having the same issue with RDM enhancing - recently hit ML46, and haven't recieved a skillup through all of 45. Base skill is 448, menu shows 500 after gifts/merits. I should be able to reach 502 at 46.

Haven't tried any skillup+ gear, just normal casting on self/others as normally would cap in a day or two up until now.

Edit, skillup books did work, now 449.2/501.2. I'll check back if it goes up naturally at all in the next few days.
[+]
By Blackhalo714 2023-02-01 15:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Do you have anything installed above and beyond the basic game files? I've seen it where I opened my skill or ws list and it sometimes shows the past jobs stuff but it goes away within seconds.

My weaponskill list will be random too. Shows a bunch of unused icons like blank ws options the normal ws appear at the bottom. Will be missing some. Change jobs or subjob then re scrambles again. Some O can still use with macro others will say no ability.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-01 15:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I need to doublecheck but I think My ML37 RDM is capped on Enhancing Magic Skill.
For what it's worth... given how RDM has higher natural Enha Skill and ML37 is not ML47 alas.
My RDM is actually only ML35 and I can confirm my Enha skill (when naked) is capped at 491.

Just noticed I don't have capped healing though °-° shame on me
By RadialArcana 2023-02-01 15:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Blackhalo714 said: »

My weaponskill list will be random too. Shows a bunch of unused icons like blank ws options the normal ws appear at the bottom. Will be missing some. Change jobs or subjob then re scrambles again. Some O can still use with macro others will say no ability.

Are you using some old version of Xiview or something?
By Blackhalo714 2023-02-01 16:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Blackhalo714 said: »

My weaponskill list will be random too. Shows a bunch of unused icons like blank ws options the normal ws appear at the bottom. Will be missing some. Change jobs or subjob then re scrambles again. Some I can still use with macro others will say no ability.

Are you using some old version of Xiview or something?[/quote
No xview loaded. On thf/dnc and not showing Rudra's Storm (still can use macro)
Perfect Dodge not showing. Can commsnd line and macro use.
Larceny not showing same thing-macro or command line.

Summoner espcially job change is really whacky will only list several abilities and sometimes none. Had no apogee and astral conduit one night.
By RadialArcana 2023-02-01 16:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

try file check and if it's still broken, reinstall. Sounds like a corrupted translation file.
By Blackhalo714 2023-02-02 23:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

try file check and if it's still broken, reinstall. Sounds like a corrupted translation file.

Found the fix. Ended up saving all my macros to server first which often do after making or changing.
Then went into playonline- ffxi-user folder and deleted all of my folders associated with characters. Reboot then loaded macros back.
What actually corrupted it I still have no idea. Never had it happen in all the years playing. Was terribad though.
Thx for help.
By ProfNES 2023-02-04 00:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

so... I saw a bunch of random garbagename presumably bots running around tonight, some in parties, some solo, pretty much just mowing down mobs in entry-level areas... Was this... farming for blackmarket economy? Pushing regional influence with fresh kills close to a rollover? Haven't seen it before, so it seems odd that it would be precisely tonight with no ulterior reason...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Rips 2023-02-04 09:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I swear to god I just want to have my own army and hold all the mobs so they can't have anything. I really do.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-04 11:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you think that accomplishes? They're on every server.

If you hold one zone on one server for 8 hours, you cost them.... $10

Be mad at square, it's pointless to be mad at them. You buying more accounts is the absolute polar opposite of the right answer.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-04 14:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a few questions about immunobreak

1) The immunobreak bonus is cumulative and grows up each time you get immunobreak proc for a specific spell. Is this bonus spell-based or category-based? For instance think about Paralyze I and II, do they count as the same category "paralyze" or each is its own?

2) What happens if I proc multiple immunobreaks on different spells, does the new one reset the previous one? For instance I cast Paralyze and get immunoproc, then I cast Slow and I get another immunoproc. Next time I cast Paralyze will I retain the original immunobreak bonus I gained or not, because of the successive one I got from slow?

Thanks!
By SimonSes 2023-02-04 14:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I have a few questions about immunobreak

1) The immunobreak bonus is cumulative and grows up each time you get immunobreak proc for a specific spell. Is this bonus spell-based or category-based? For instance think about Paralyze I and II, do they count as the same category "paralyze" or each is its own?

2) What happens if I proc multiple immunobreaks on different spells, does the new one reset the previous one? For instance I cast Paralyze and get immunoproc, then I cast Slow and I get another immunoproc. Next time I cast Paralyze will I retain the original immunobreak bonus I gained or not, because of the successive one I got from slow?

Thanks!

1. Im like 99% sure its category
2. They dont interrupt each other you can build all of them at the same time
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nessia
Server: Carbuncle
user: ProfNES
By Carbuncle.Nessia 2023-02-04 17:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »
I swear to god I just want to have my own army and hold all the mobs so they can't have anything. I really do.
I did manage to steal a couple consecutive mobs one of them was tracking to. Next time I'm doing an actual grind in an affected area, I may see if I can steal a target and just kite it out into the boondocks and/or into the hunting grounds of some of the other bots just for lulz and/or, if I'm truly lucky, to get them all sync'd to the same nearest-targets so they all slow down one another instead of depopulating the whole zone.
But it would def be a waste of time to try that for its own sake when I'm not in zone for other reasons.
 Bahamut.Noscrying
Server: Bahamut
user: NoScrying
By Bahamut.Noscrying 2023-02-04 17:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
2. They dont interrupt each other you can build all of them at the same time
You sure?
When I was Soloing Odin on VD/D, If I interrupted my Silence on Immunobreak 1/2, to reapply Para/Slow, then I'd always end up on Resist instead of Immunobreak 2/success.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-04 18:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't interrupt each other.
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-02-04 21:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
For instance think about Paralyze I and II, do they count as the same category "paralyze" or each is its own?

There's definitely different proc rates per cast so seems like different category to me. They might have done just base paralyze spell mechanics and then put a multiplier in on the equation. I bet its just proc chance for immunobreak no matter what which spell you cast though. Don't think SE would code in different chances for different spells unless you guys think otherwise.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-04 22:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

They're the same category. You can do stuff like Paralyze > Paralyze II to land your II spell faster.

It's most useful with Sleep and Gravity since they have longer cooldowns. You just have to be careful to not actually have the lower level spell be the one that gets through.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-02-06 01:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Best Augments for Moonshade Earring in today's game?
By Nariont 2023-02-06 01:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

MAB+4/tp bonus
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-06 09:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

A long time ago, I remembe that SE reduced drop rates from mobs that are killed simultaneously with AoEs; does anyone know which patch that was?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-02-06 09:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
A long time ago, I remembe that SE reduced drop rates from mobs that are killed simultaneously with AoEs; does anyone know which patch that was?
I've only ever heard rumors of this being a thing. If it was ever actually in some patch notes that's news to me.
First Page 2 3 ... 769 770 771 ... 834 835 836