Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 686 687 688 ... 836 837 838

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-18 18:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, even worthless ***when you have 10,000 adds up.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-01-18 20:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

people working at that scale don't have the need for immediate turnaround- they can build a stock of cheap materials now, and wait for the market to rebound in 2-3 months...if they're smart about it.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-18 20:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a strategy for beating Tolba? Gotten the win for accolade exchange, but winning consistently seems to be a issue. Can beat all the other 135's and even Tumult with little issue, but Tolba has been humbling. Any pointers, tips, advice would be helpful.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-01-18 20:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Odin.Creaucent said: »
You cant send it between characters so the repairer moogle is for that.
I wonder if they can do that for other items that you can't send between mules in the future.

*cough* Rank 1 weapons *cough*

They certainly can add the flag to those weapons to make them sendable they just choose not to.
[+]
By Argisto 2021-01-19 10:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Does anyone have a strategy for beating Tolba? Gotten the win for accolade exchange, but winning consistently seems to be a issue. Can beat all the other 135's and even Tumult with little issue, but Tolba has been humbling. Any pointers, tips, advice would be helpful.

I usually solo with trusts on RDM/NIN (Sylvie, Ulmia, Joachim, Monbereaux, Ygnas). Position trusts away from where Tolba will be facing during draw-in/breath attack. Stack as many buffs as you can so important ones are not dispelled by Tortoise Song. Solo darkness SC (Requiescat>CDC) and MB with Blizzard until dead. Always be ready to move when Earth Breath is used and have -DT gear ready. I've found it's easier with fewer people so you're not running into each other after draw-in. Trust healers are pretty reliable for this fight since they are not affected by draw-in and shouldn't be taking much damage if positioned correctly.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-01-19 11:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU tolba spellset:
trusts:

i think i did this befor the unity augment update and malignance, not sure tho. might be possible i've used yoran instead of sylvie but IIRC the dmg check is quite high so sylvie isn't to bad of a choice if you can keep her out of breath attacks.
i remember good positioning befor poping for both you and trusts was crucial, you want to be close to a wall and always keep your trusts position in mind when straving to avoid earth breath. trusts also liked dieing from the AoE spells, i've set diamondhide to prevent that a bit.

from the spell set above it might be a good idea to drop sinker drill for something else since CDC is probably not the WS of choice anymore, maybe a dispel for hardened shell as arciela doesn't priorities it (could also try Ajido-Marujido for dispel duty).

remember to bring some throw away food and reapply when he dispels it with tortoise song. if you have him and he can survive the AoEs you could also try monberaux instead of ygnas and hope for Samson's Strength, the extra buffs reduce the chance of losing a important buff.

another trick is to summon qualtada pre pop, engage something and wait for rolls then drop him for a different trust. it's annyoing but might be worth it if you have trouble with the damage check.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-20 20:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Random question that may already be solved.

Can someone, or how can I add trust weaponskills to the skillchain lua? Really, only care about selh'teus right now. His revelation or lance > evisceration heals lillyface and I'm (never) paying attention.

Also it's just annoying in general to not see the trust ws and think you're closing something you aren't since they snuck in with something that doesn't show up.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-01-21 01:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
Bahamut.Kwech said: »
Also the same model as Timarli jawshan dropped by Iratham in Abyssea-Tahrongi. Top tier lockstyle for sure.

Still purple color in aby?

trying to get a purple lockstyle set for wife's blu

I like the look of the Pahluwan set from Assault points. Sometimes I'd idle in that stuff at 75cap before we had lockstyle. Pahluwan/Yigit/Amir sets wouldn't be bad to re-use for some ilevel armor, TBH.

Oshosi is the same model as Dusk? They're very similar at the least. Oshosi does require Su3/500JP on RNG or COR, but it's also useful current gear.

I was always partial to the old Rapparee Harness too. Quested lv50 body from the Brygid quest using Fomor subligar drops.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-21 02:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

purple eh? There's always malignance, amalric, etc

and there's tons of stuff with purple accents even if not entirely purple. befouled crown has purple accents but its uggggly

stuff like this mish mash of garbage I just did in 2 seconds:
[+]
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2021-01-21 12:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been a long time since I have built gear sets on this site, so forgive me if this is common knowledge.

I remember building sets back in the day and getting ACC / ATT values and the like. Is there a setting that I can turn on or am I just misremembering?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-21 12:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Item sets used to show stats. it broke at some point. I did bring it up. (recently)
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2021-01-21 12:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Gocha. Thank you.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-01-21 14:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

Oshosi is the same model as Dusk? They're very similar at the least. Oshosi does require Su3/500JP on RNG or COR, but it's also useful current gear.

I don't still have any dusk to compare, and even back in the day I just had hands/feet, but I think Oshosi is slightly different. The body is definitely a nice purplish-black.
 Sylph.Ticktick
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2021-01-21 14:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

I don't still have any dusk to compare, and even back in the day I just had hands/feet, but I think Oshosi is slightly different. The body is definitely a nice purplish-black.

ffxiclopedia has a pic https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dusk_Jerkin_Set
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-01-21 15:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You can always use AltanaViewer as well. I'm pretty sure that's at least somewhat up-to-date.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-01-21 15:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

FWIW, I often rock a 4/5 Oshosi + Retching Helm (Mog Bonanza only, boo) lockstyle set for my THF. It's very purple. Double Tauret lockstyle for even more purple.

If you're more of a "blurple" fan, I dig the War Shinobi Gi.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-01-22 08:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

And don't forget the Rapparee Harness (Demon Harness). I use that, Hydra Brais, and Dusk Ledelsens for my Dancer LSS.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-22 12:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Argisto said: »
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

I usually solo with trusts on RDM/NIN (Sylvie, Ulmia, Joachim, Monbereaux, Ygnas). Position trusts away from where Tolba will be facing during draw-in/breath attack. Stack as many buffs as you can so important ones are not dispelled by Tortoise Song. Solo darkness SC (Requiescat>CDC) and MB with Blizzard until dead. Always be ready to move when Earth Breath is used and have -DT gear ready. I've found it's easier with fewer people so you're not running into each other after draw-in. Trust healers are pretty reliable for this fight since they are not affected by draw-in and shouldn't be taking much damage if positioned correctly.
Shichishito said: »
BLU tolba spellset:
trusts:

i think i did this befor the unity augment update and malignance, not sure tho. might be possible i've used yoran instead of sylvie but IIRC the dmg check is quite high so sylvie isn't to bad of a choice if you can keep her out of breath attacks.
i remember good positioning befor poping for both you and trusts was crucial, you want to be close to a wall and always keep your trusts position in mind when straving to avoid earth breath. trusts also liked dieing from the AoE spells, i've set diamondhide to prevent that a bit.

from the spell set above it might be a good idea to drop sinker drill for something else since CDC is probably not the WS of choice anymore, maybe a dispel for hardened shell as arciela doesn't priorities it (could also try Ajido-Marujido for dispel duty).

remember to bring some throw away food and reapply when he dispels it with tortoise song. if you have him and he can survive the AoEs you could also try monberaux instead of ygnas and hope for Samson's Strength, the extra buffs reduce the chance of losing a important buff.

another trick is to summon qualtada pre pop, engage something and wait for rolls then drop him for a different trust. it's annyoing but might be worth it if you have trouble with the damage check.

Late reply, but thank you both. I will definitely try both these strategies this weekend. If all else fails, I may just throw COR's at it and see if that works. '-')
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2021-01-22 14:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Cruel Joke work on Domain Invasion adds?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-22 14:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
Does Cruel Joke work on Domain Invasion adds?
I could be wrong but the adds should be classified as notorious monsters same as the dragons, so they should be immune.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2021-01-22 15:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I just checked them, they are NMs.
By DaneBlood 2021-01-23 00:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

How does the UNM ranking work for UNM gear with a variable attribute?
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-01-23 01:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Tested with Macabre Gauntlets +1 as rank2 gave me 58hp iirc.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-23 07:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone ever check to see if K.O. via TP Move is the same as K.O. via the spell Death?
By DaneBlood 2021-01-23 11:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »

Thank so assuming higher ranking (lower number) = higher bonus ?
do we now when it caps at the bottom ?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-01-23 13:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »

Thank so assuming higher ranking (lower number) = higher bonus ?
do we now when it caps at the bottom ?
I think it varies by item. I've only tested a few pieces as I'm not going to jump unites constantly just to test every rank. But here's a little bit of data I did have recorded.
Code
Unity item stat scaling.
	Macabre+1 HP+
		Rank 1: +60(+89 total)
		Rank 2: +50(+79 total)
		Rank 3: +40(+69 total)
		Rank 4: +30(+59 total)
	Gelatinous+1 R15
		Rank 1: +35(+135 total)
		Rank 2: +30(+130 total)
		Rank 3: +25(+125 total)
		Rank 4: +20(+120 total)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-23 14:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I got a good one.

Random question... are all the servers weather the same? If you placed a character in a zone, on multiple servers, would it be the same.

(I need a weather and it just sprang randomly into my head)
[+]
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-01-23 14:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, used to match up with the cam on pol website
[+]
By DaneBlood 2021-01-23 17:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
purple eh? There's always malignance, amalric, etc

and there's tons of stuff with purple accents even if not entirely purple. befouled crown has purple accents but its uggggly

stuff like this mish mash of garbage I just did in 2 seconds:

what is that head ?
First Page 2 3 ... 686 687 688 ... 836 837 838