[Dev] Prism Staff (All Elemental Staves Combined)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » [Dev] Prism Staff (All Elemental Staves Combined)
[Dev] Prism Staff (All Elemental Staves Combined)
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-29 19:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

02-29-2012 05:05 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Prism Staff (name pending)

Remember way back when we mentioned that we were looking into the creation of a prism staff that would combine all the elemental staves together? Well, I have some good news. It seems like the development team has finalized the graphics for it and are currently working on the possible stats for it (listed below).

Base stats:
DMG: 35 Delay: 356
STR+9 DEX+9 VIT+9 AGI+9 INT+9 MND+9 CHR+4
(Affinity: magic attack +2, magic accuracy +2, avatar perpetuation cost -3)

Prism staff original stats
Additional damage
Cure potency+
Healing MP
All elemental resistances +

The specific values for the stats are going through their final adjustments and will be decided afterwards. We will be looking into possibly increasing the base CHR a bit.

However, since there are limitations for the amount of stats that can be added to a single item, it will not be possible for this item to possess every one of these stats. With this said, we are working on this with the assumption that some of these stats may be eliminated in the adjustment process.

Similar to the existing elemental staves, we plan on keeping this prism staff equipable by all jobs, but the level that you can use it will be well above level 51.

While it will be quite a bit before we can implement or even show this item off, we will be sure to let you know once everything is good to go.
Subscribe

03-01-2012 01:23 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Alrighty, I followed up on some your questions and suggestions.

In regards to the question about whether the "affinity: magic attack +2" and what not would be the same as the Magian staves, I was told that it would be closer to the stats on the original elemental staves.

Also, the development team seems quite intent on keeping cure potency on the prism staff, but they are not planning to add -PDT.

Finally, there have been some comments about making a prism-type staff that would combine all of the Magian staves. While your suggestions are of course always welcome, we would like to keep this to a separate discussion and will look into this another time.
Subscribe

07-11-2012 12:32 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

-NECRO BUMP DETECTED!-

...but it's for a good cause!

I just got the latest look at the stats on the Prism Staff (name pending)!

【HQ stats】
D45 Delay 356
STR+5 DEX+5 VIT+5 AGI+5 INT+5 MND+5 CHR+5
All elemental resistances+20 Cure potency+10% Healing MP+10
Iridescence (※1)
Magic attack bonus, magic accuracy bonus, and avatar perpetuation cost-3 for each element (※2)
Lv.61~

※1 This is the name of an original effect for the Prism Staff, which makes this staff strongly affected by weather.
※2 This is the hidden effect, though I guess it is not really "hidden." It is just not displayed.

We will continue to give updates on the progress as we find out!
Subscribe

07-13-2012 12:57 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

First, to answer the question about whether or not this staff will have “affinity,” the answer is it will not. Imagine this to be just like the original elemental staves when it comes to their “hidden effects.”

Next, in regards to the actual values for these hidden effects, they will also follow the same values as found on the original NQ/HQ elemental staves.

We are planning to introduce this item as something that is made via synergy, which will also require wood working skill, but the necessary skill has not been set very high.

There were also a couple of adjustments to the stats from what was mentioned the other day:

1. Equippable level will be reduced from 61 to 51, just like the existing elemental staves.

2. Damage (for the HQ) will be reduced from 45 to 35.

Subscribe
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-29 19:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

All jobs? Holy ***, a day when BLU can finally ditch ele staves...
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2012-02-29 20:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool, can't wait to see this in a year or two.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2012-02-29 20:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

This is cool, something we've been waiting for as players forever, but I wish it was about 3 years ago when they implemented this; better late than never I guess.

I kinda hope they make a prism staff type deal for the magian staves as well, one for the 8 damage and one for the 8 magic accuracy staves. I already have 6 of the damage ones done, and almost done with fire. I'd do the light one for the prism staff too lol.
 Ragnarok.Marquiss
Server: Ragnarok
user: Marquiss
By Ragnarok.Marquiss 2012-02-29 20:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks great for torcleaver
[+]
By mortontony1 2012-02-29 20:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Should do this but add another tier to ele staffs. Level 99 all jobs or something.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-29 20:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Greggles said: »
This is cool, something we've been waiting for as players forever, but I wish it was about 3 years ago when they implemented this; better late than never I guess.

I kinda hope they make a prism staff type deal for the magian staves as well, one for the 8 damage and one for the 8 magic accuracy staves. I already have 6 of the damage ones done, and almost done with fire. I'd do the light one for the prism staff too lol.
I personally think they will never combine ToM staves myself, I could be wrong though.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2012-02-29 20:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »

I personally think they will never combine ToM staves myself, I could be wrong though.

Guess not. D: It'd be really nice though!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-29 20:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

YES. PLEASE.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2012-02-29 20:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see why they couldn't. Would seven extra inventory spaces really be considered imbalanced?
 Odin.Frescora
Server: Odin
user: Frescora
By Odin.Frescora 2012-02-29 20:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Avatar perpetuation cost -3? I could have gotten that on a Fay Crozier.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-29 20:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said: »

I don't see why they couldn't. Would seven extra inventory spaces really be considered imbalanced?
I really think they would think that honestly.

Even though you put the work into getting all of them for the same family/group/whatever you want to call it, you still have to use them in your inventory and I believe that is what SE wants.

Too overpowered for one single weapon or some bs like that I bet.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2012-02-29 20:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering the amount of work that goes into making a set of 8 staves, I don't think it's asking too much to have them turned into one staff after all 8 are done, but I guess SE is weird like that.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-29 20:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering the amount of work that goes into making a set of 8 staves, I don't think it's asking too much to have them turned into one staff after all 8 are done, but I guess SE is weird like that.
Yea, and that is why I think they should be combined myself. You have to do a lot of work to get all of them, and no normal player is going to do that.

I just personally feel SE would never do it for some reason.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2012-02-29 20:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I just personally feel SE would never do it for some reason.

They can't give it to us for the same reason they can't make Raise-ga and possibly Reflect:

Programming is hard.
[+]
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2012-02-29 20:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I was like OMG A TOM STAFF THAT COMBINES ALL OF THEM!?

and... nope, damnit

I've got all the MAB staffs to "+4" cept for light it would be so awesome if they did a trail that would combine them /sigh
 Asura.Vrytreya
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-29 20:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm... isn't the macc and elemental attack bonus department have gone rather low compared to HQ staff portion?

I think they can separate Light and Dark based staff (so 4 elements each) instead of lumping all 8 elements together.
Or even combination of 2 elements like lv2 SC. That's still helpful reducing 8 possible inventory slots to 4.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-29 20:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vrytreya said: »
Hmm... isn't the macc and elemental attack bonus department have gone rather low compared to HQ staff portion?
Affinity on the base weapon mirrors HQ staff bonuses, albeit as a different term and therefore slightly inferior if you have secondary sources of elemental affinity.
[+]
 Phoenix.Hawkhellfire
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Hawkhellfire 2012-02-29 20:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm very glad to see this. This is similar to one of the ideas I suggested on the official forums. Maybe they do read those posts lol.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/19420-IDEA-Relief-to-Inventory-Issues
[+]
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-29 20:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Affinity on the base weapon mirrors HQ staff bonuses, albeit as a different term and therefore slightly inferior if you have secondary sources of elemental affinity.
0->+15 elemental attack bonus
vs
<something higher than 1.00MAB> -> <that something>+2 MAB

I know I'm the advocate of "don't worry about small improvement/downgrade", but isn't this rather apparent downgrade?
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-29 20:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Only if you actually think magian staves only give 6 MAB...
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-29 20:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't see how it could possibly be perceived as a downgrade.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-02-29 20:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-29 20:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, what are you trying to say here?

EDIT: oh, I think I got it.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2012-02-29 21:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, what are you trying to say here?

EDIT: oh, I think I got it.

Magic Affinity
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-03-01 12:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

This is great news for all of us who carry tons of Elemental Staves for their career job xD Due to the limited amount of "stat" space on an item, I hope they add a small Synergy Augment to the Prism Staff so we can tailor our staff to a specific auxiliary purpose that the original Elemental Staves were used for. For example:

Base stats:
DMG: 35 Delay: 356
STR+9 DEX+9 VIT+9 AGI+9 INT+9 MND+9 CHR+4
(Affinity: magic attack +2, magic accuracy +2, avatar perpetuation cost -3)

Synergy w/ Carbite = 10% Cure Potency
Synergy w/ Titanite = PDT- 20%
etc...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-03-01 12:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I should go post that I need text color change for the internet rate arrows in the upper corner. Dev Team must be getting caught up on work if they're doing stuff that people might care about.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-03-01 12:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd much rather have seen higher tier versions of the existing elemental staves, giving increased performance to all the stats, hidden and not, still keeping ToM staves the best at their specific attribute, yet giving that "all jobs" glory to jobs who can't even equip ToM staves.

This prism staff is basically just the lv51 HQs combined, which would have been great 3 years ago but now it's kind of like so what?
First Page 2 3 4 5