Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » New from the Dev team for brd .... wait for it >.>
New from the Dev team for brd .... wait for it >.>
 Phoenix.Missescakes
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: noriko
By Phoenix.Missescakes 2012-01-25 10:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So you fellow minstrels out there know SE is going to totally ballance songs like Goblin's gavotte and Scops opperette amirite give us ballad!!! but in all srsness... I fear for our dwindling art~ <3
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2012-01-25 10:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a BRD?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-01-25 10:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Need more carols.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-01-25 10:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

a new muffin hat
[+]
 Phoenix.Missescakes
By Phoenix.Missescakes 2012-01-25 10:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said: »
What's a BRD?

esactly... there are these terrible things posing as brds wearing stuff that makes me die a little inside who cant land songs~ or put marches on rngs -.-;; good brds are far and few ; ;

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Need more carols.

I was thinking more along the lines of.... Massacre elegy :< T.T my heart longs for it so much although I know SE will prolly not do it wish i never got my hopes up ; ; it was in a translated thing about 99 stuffs ><;; orz

Bismarck.Misao said: »
a new muffin hat
YUS more poofy hats ... :D XD although I rly love the crown look~

Ramuh.Rowland said: »
Fortissimo, for all those DDs that run out of range.

on this server my problem is with DD who have the neeed for ballad... I even have in my macro for ballad
<Notice>: <Front line job> <Run away!> <ballad> incoming!

you would not believe the amount of DD who i had JUST buffed run at me like I am giving away some sort of prize XD
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-01-25 11:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I expect more of the same. Reduced recast timers, or some song that is only situational at best.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Missescakes
By Phoenix.Missescakes 2012-01-27 07:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kilorilo said: »
Scherzo, Marches & Minuets are all still good, sure BRD was less popular with Abyssea but it didn't really become less useful.
Quote:
on this server my problem is with DD who have the neeed for ballad... I even have in my macro for ballad <Notice>: <Front line job> <Run away!> <ballad> incoming!
Most players have little to no position awareness and doing PUG VW runs confirms this for any support. I do feel BRD needs more debuff capabilities, Def or atk down maybe? Evasion Down song? BRD can reach such ridiculous skill levels now, kinda sucks that it's mostly wasted.

imo while doing VW i dont see any need for melee to be running to the whm who is at most times standing max distance and not the melees butt (although some whm love to do this) when you are zerging down a VW NM and imo its just a certain common sense i notice people lack but maybe I only think of this because I am a brd afterall but when I am a mage job i stick next to other mages in the party when there is a cor or brd in pt if i am a DD i do the same i stand up ther with my other melee I rly can only say on a RARE occasion why the DD shouldnt be with the other DD on the front line where they need to be (ex. reduce tp feed on a mob, they are weakend and etc) @.@

but yes i agree wholeheartedly brd is still a very usefull job, and i honestly laugh when people say otherwise. Idk about other brds but my marches give 2 handers hundred fists and all my melee friends love me as I seem to supply their drug of choice lol <3 ^.^
 Asura.Krysanthia
Server: Asura
user: krysi
By Asura.Krysanthia 2012-01-27 07:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I love my brd !!And I'm agreeing with Missescakes says..marches + mambos =<3 from all my melees, especially in Abyssea OR even just goofing around with other stuffs.
[+]
 Phoenix.Missescakes
By Phoenix.Missescakes 2012-01-27 07:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Krysanthia said: »
I love my brd !!And I'm agreeing with Missescakes says..marches + mambos =<3 from all my melees, especially in Abyssea OR even just goofing around with other stuffs.

Yea its sad I feel being a brd is a lost forgotten art, but its also hilarious everytime I get a DD in my pt who hasn't experienced a skilled brd in a long time or even ever and they freak out "OMG HUNDRRED FIST THIS IS AMAZING OMG I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! I WANT YOU IN MY PT ALL THE TIME" xD and having multiple dd friends try to claim me as their brd lol xD its pretty funny but feels good ^.^ <3 /high fives krysanthia although I feel slightly sad for ghorn because technically the only way a ghorn brd will be better then me tier/skill wise on a song is if they have 99 and have +4 to songs srsly SE needs to do something a lil more for the poor ghorn >< yea the + inventory is nice but ; ; cmoonnnnnn.... xD
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-27 07:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

periods aren't just noses for kirby faces
[+]
 Phoenix.Missescakes
By Phoenix.Missescakes 2012-01-27 07:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
periods aren't just noses for kirby faces

Well I am sorry for speaking so casually here on a game forum. Would you prefer this sir? Maybe I am strange as I don't need proper punctuation when reading things in my head. Although you do have to admit they make cute noses (I see them more as mouths personally)

Possibly there are two types of people in this world, those that see the . in ^.^ as a nose or those who see it as a mouth. You and I sir are that of the opposite it would seem.

lol sorry I just feel so stuffy typing that way @.@;; so <Please forgive me>
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-27 08:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just giving you a hard time. :3
[+]
 Phoenix.Missescakes
By Phoenix.Missescakes 2012-01-27 08:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
I'm just giving you a hard time. :3
<3 lol np sir the guy I am at work LOOOOVEESSSS giving me a hard time mebbe there is something about me *.*;;
By Latifah 2012-01-27 09:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

is brd relevant now? cor have lots of goodies
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-01-27 09:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it is.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-01-27 12:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Latifah said: »

what a ridiculous question.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-01-27 12:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Latifah said: »

While one person can certainly play and enjoy both, if you're treating Corsair like Bard...well, that's your choice, but it's my choice to hate you for it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2012-01-27 12:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bard is sadly one of the most under-appreciated jobs in the game
I know that in my case my brd speeds up our fights exponentially, but the dds like to think it's all them sometimes. (kind of like thf only gets credit if nothing drops)
Do your brd a favor and say thank you to all your bards once in a while :)
[+]
 Phoenix.Missescakes
By Phoenix.Missescakes 2012-01-27 17:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahahaha I lav you all ... cept Latifah... sorry :P

@Ramy sooo true I see alot of cor... but to see a great cor is something refreshing tbh~

@ Wulf try just giving them shitty songs for a round~ tell em to compare parses and see how much the dps drops, when DD start acting a fool to me goblins gavotte for everyone! ^.^;; (basicly I knew a guy who told me all day everyday how useless bard is and how dumb i am to think brd is a good job, so i decided for a whole event he would recieve scops opperetta and goblins gavotte lets just say he learned his lesson well~ <3
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-01-27 17:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I never leave home without my double march...
[+]
 Phoenix.Missescakes
By Phoenix.Missescakes 2012-02-03 07:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG guys Accuracy for Troubadour so epic... j/k well troubadours will be used for more then Super barding now lol its pretty nice (not so much used anymore for keeping long *** debuffs on mobs :X since most things now a days are zerg shoya all the things) but I am still waiting for that Massacre elegy SE >.> Maybe this is how they expect requiem to land on all the mobs ? because right now its pretty useless :< (back in old school dyna requiem was the stuff) XD
 Leviathan.Komachii
Server: Leviathan
user: ikszkom
By Leviathan.Komachii 2012-02-03 07:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

i bet massacre for gjallar99 stage2
 Bahamut.Savannahlynn
user: Savannah
By Bahamut.Savannahlynn 2012-02-03 07:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Post in this thread for update information/discussion. No need for doubles.

Bard thread
 Phoenix.Missescakes
By Phoenix.Missescakes 2012-02-03 07:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

**Edit**
Bahamut.Savannahlynn said: »
Post in this thread for update information/discussion. No need for doubles. Bard thread

Yar cept I made this thread looong time ago also before the bard one was made which is why I was posting here and not there ~ /carries on in other thread @_@