Dyna Solo
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Phoenix.Kluaf
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Kluaf
By Phoenix.Kluaf 2012-01-10 08:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I need some help please!! I have read almost all the threads and posts within them from the last 6 months. And i cant find camps spots for solo farming and what zones are the best to solo. Obviously people arent gonna be like here take my camp its where i farm my currency. You know what i mean hey heres how i make my money run me outta business. But there should be basic info some place and i cant find it :( I have all jobs levled but ive read bst and dnc are the best solo jobs. I guess im looking for the answers to these questions...

1. Easiest zone to farm? i havent farmed any currency since the last zones was changed so i dont care about the amount really per run as any would be better than none lol

2. Job to use? Like i said ive read bst and dnc.

3. So is it easier to do JA or WS mobs as far as procing?

Thanks for any help !!!

Edit ---> Btw real solo no whm healer sidekick tag along lol
 Lakshmi.Forsell
Server: Lakshmi
user: Forsell
By Lakshmi.Forsell 2012-01-10 08:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

1: It's down to how well/quick you can kill the TEs. Go with Dyna Valk or Bub.

2: BST/DNC.

3: JA.

4: Have fun chucking accessories.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-01-10 08:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Beaucidine

2. DNC/RDM

3. Put on enspells and spikes

go to town!
 Ragnarok.Evandis
Server: Ragnarok
user: Evandis
By Ragnarok.Evandis 2012-01-10 08:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis - Xarcabard

Over by the Animated Dagger spawn, behind the actual platform. Pull Thief's and Monk's.

THF/DNC

Made about 60 coins and even got my Assassin's Armlets this way.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-01-10 08:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

1. The zone that is relatively empty when you want to go in. If you like Bubu and the Dunes the best, but, if there are 70 people in the zone, you might want to consider other options.

2. If you're going to go with with JA, /dnc is almost a requirement. Of course a lot of people say bst, but other jobs do well, too. I'm not interested in leveling bst just for dynamis, and mnk/dnc does just fine for me.

3. JA proccing is by far the easiest. With /dnc, you have the opportunity to proc every few seconds - which, if you didn't know, means a lot because you can try and try again to proc the same mob. If you were, say, war/nin, you would only have a chance to proc every 30 seconds.

Good luck!
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-01-10 09:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

nin/dnc is a solid job to go as as well, not as fast as killing as bst, but it comes pretty damn close, it's survivability against multiple mobs is very solid too.

There's also Ninjutsu should you ever link/aggro a mage mob and strong ws's to boot.

Should be able to pull out with 150+ coins on your own.
Also zone doesn't really matter, whichever is the emptiest, after a while you'll know where is good to camp and where isn't.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Evandis
By Ragnarok.Evandis 2012-01-10 09:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

150 plus coins...please capture a solo Dynamis run in which someone gets 150 coins.
 Lakshmi.Skadisleeves
By Lakshmi.Skadisleeves 2012-01-10 09:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I had read this yesterday, a buddy and me did solo runs at the same time, I got 140 coins +3 thoughts and he got 160 coins and 7 thoughts. Dynamis - Valkurm
 Ragnarok.Evandis
By Ragnarok.Evandis 2012-01-10 09:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I still want the videos of how this is done. We get maybe 250 with 4-5 of us, so I would love to know the secret to 150 solo so I can finish Aegis faster.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-01-10 09:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Me and a friend duo'd 200+ coins on Decent Challenge mobs whilst farming specifically for Relic +2 items; which we normally walk out with 15-20.
You just need to research which mobs will be easiest to kill with the time you're given for the most profit.
By anarkus 2012-01-10 09:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Evandis, check all thread about dyna plz, any decent job can solo 100+ easily now in dyna cop (city and ice are not friendly, deal with 2H)
As mnk i solo 130+ in qufim, as thf 190+.

As start, you will be more 90-100 but after few run for know TE position and camp, your number will increase.

Its not a lie to say solo 150+ currency with new dyna , its a fact.
Other things, more you are : less effective it is, there are not enough mob to make a 4-5 ppl drop = 4*solo drop.

For op:

1-Cop dyna

2- Bst Dnc sure, but alot of DD can make it but not make 200+ like bst

Ja for sure
 Ragnarok.Evandis
By Ragnarok.Evandis 2012-01-10 09:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Any threads specifically...I don't really see a good post for Dynamis Solooing on the first 2 pages.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-10 09:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
Me and a friend duo'd 200+ coins on Decent Challenge mobs whilst farming specifically for Relic +2 items; which we normally walk out with 15-20.
You just need to research which mobs will be easiest to kill with the time you're given for the most profit.

If I stay on the ball it's not incredibly uncommon to solo 200+ on DNC/THF from the DCs.

I don't tend to stay on the ball though because I'm impatient and soloing is boring.
 Bahamut.Haublice
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Haublice 2012-01-10 09:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Xarcabard is easiest. Go BST/DNC using Lucky or Dipper and a stack of pet food, pet should last entire run with non-stop killing. The TE's are off alone in corners and you can snk/invis everywhere without worry of agro (long as effect is on). Far as camping, there's 2 camps at G-10/G-9, there's another near TE4, TE2, and TE1. Usually as a courtesy, /sea the zone first before you go out and camp on someone.

Just to help you a tad more. When i go to solo dyna. I call Lucky, and use snk/invis meds. then i run to TE 1-4-5-3-2 telling pet to fight statues then leaving my pet so solo as i run to next TE. Then i camp at G-10 because camp with 3 mobs, while pulling BST to my north and MNK from my south for a total of 5 mobs, 3 NM's in those areas. On a crappy run can farm 1mil, my best run was 3.4mil

Just be sure to always /sea to be sure no one is in camp and put a seacom once you claim the camp. Happy hunting.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2012-01-10 09:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea i easily get 150-200 Solo in Cop Dyna runs, it doesn't matter WHICH cop zone, Btw i go generally dnc/thf. Find a good camp, a good chain of 3 mobs to proc on in the time needed, Know where TE's usually are/kill them asap without links. Also 0 deaths per run help ALOT, also after procing a mob, grab another and dd on the proc'd one while trying to proc the second, helps alot.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-10 09:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Blacklion said: »
also after procing a mob, grab another and dd on the proc'd one while trying to proc the second, helps alot.

^This

Except I'm usually far too lazy to do this, but I tend to kill things within seconds of procing anyway, so whatever.
 Ragnarok.Evandis
By Ragnarok.Evandis 2012-01-10 09:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I am assuming doing this well has to do with Fan Dancing and Climactic Flourish?
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2012-01-10 10:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What...? I only Fan dance when i have like 3~ mobs On me, and only for a numbered amount of hits, Saber dance/haste samba speed your kills, so thats what you want when you can use them. And climactic? No, i need my FM's, i rock exenterator
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-01-10 10:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with 3~ mobs on you Fan dance shouldn't be needed though, at 99 your natural evasion on top of the occasional waltz should serve fine.

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

If I stay on the ball it's not incredibly uncommon to solo 200+ on DNC/THF from the DCs.

I don't tend to stay on the ball though because I'm impatient and soloing is boring.

I can believe you, I tend to flake sometimes also but not so much as old dynamis, I prefer this dynamis greatly because I have free reigns of what I can do rather than being shackled to the rules and dictations of Dynamis LS's ^^;
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2012-01-10 10:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

waltzes would use up my TP that im spending on my multiple mobs, No thanks!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2012-01-10 10:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiousity when you solo dyna do you stick with the EP mobs or go to the DC mobs, I assume they have a higher drop rate but take longer to kill.
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2012-01-10 10:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo i stick with EP, alot easier to deal with links that way, and imo it's a more efficient solo for currency.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2012-01-10 10:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm guess I suck then, I only ever seem to pull 70 currency solo NIN/DNC.
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2012-01-10 10:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said anything about nin/dnc, so i can't help you there. Bst/dnc and dnc/thf imo are the best solo's, the other combo of jobs arent even on the same rank, thf/dnc is close but lacks the survival when fighting multiple mobs
[+]
 Hades.Ferusio
Server: Hades
user: Ferusio
By Hades.Ferusio 2012-01-10 10:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

you need kannagi to do any decent dmg in dyna as nin tid, best ive done on nin/dnc was 88 usualy i just do with kvazz and we do like 300, i have a pretty cruddy"good" ninja its at the lower side of acceptable im sure with some time and effort on gear and finnishing kannagi 150+ is possible
 Asura.Yoyou
Server: Asura
user: poff
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-01-10 10:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Out of curiousity when you solo dyna do you stick with the EP mobs or go to the DC mobs, I assume they have a higher drop rate but take longer to kill.

If you go with a pt of 4-6 ppl like EU players do on Asura you can't expect to get 200+ coins each farming EP mobs with the zone crowed.
However I've no problem yelding 220-250 coins a run solo.

DC mobs are good to farm forgotten stuffs and pop NM items if you kill them for additional cash.
 Siren.Brock
Server: Siren
user: Brock
By Siren.Brock 2012-01-10 10:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Did decent challenge JA mobs in Qufim today with MNK/DNC, MNK/DNC, THF/DNC (with a RDM/WHM dual boxed).

Walked away with 509 coins and 49 forgotten journeys. Clearing out all 3 types of mobs without competition.

This might be a bit of an extreme example. But it's definately doable.

I usually solo on EP mobs in buburimu on MNK/DNC. I average about 120-160 there. Depending on luck and competition.
Having TH really help with your drops though. So BST/DNC with Dipper Yuly would be ideal imo.
[+]
 Hades.Ferusio
By Hades.Ferusio 2012-01-10 11:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i hate bst in dyna they need to instance dyna, bst kills and procs fast which is fine but when there are no mobs to kill left coz of 6 perle bsts running about, while you stand there in gear youve spent time on its a bit of a rage tbh not that i really hold it agaist the bsts, i do think SE is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for making bst able to solo dyna in the way it can
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2012-01-10 11:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

They just need to have more mobs spawn and lower their respawn I think.
[+]
 Hades.Ferusio
By Hades.Ferusio 2012-01-10 11:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

thats just putting a bandage over the problem lower respawn and more mobs just makes more jp(mainly) bsts show up so we end up with same problem and even more people in the zone, if they are gonna fix a problem better to fix it so nobody can complain here after.
First Page 2 3 4 5