Relic +2 Trials EXP Camps.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Relic +2 Trials EXP camps.
Relic +2 Trials EXP camps.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-01-05 21:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently got my THF Hands to +2, and immediately put on the trial so I can get the enhanced Perfect Dodge effect.

I did a run today with 5 other LS members, and we did Dynamis Lord and loads of other stuff, but throughout the run I only gained 2.2k experience.

Has anyone found some good safe camps which give a lot more EXP? Would be nice to get a list going of which mobs people tend to target for experience points.

Thanks for any help.
 Cerberus.Drayco
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2012-01-05 22:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally haven't tried yet, but I know from killing agros. The stronger mobs yield about 100+ exp if your solo. I would think the best way to get that trial done, would be to level sync. I'm not even 100% sure if it works inside dynamis, but if it does, you could find a nice camp in dreamlands and sync down a few levels and do an old school 6 man exp group.

None of this is from experience, just my opinion.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-01-05 22:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well i got to do my trial in Xarc or Tav, I ain't been to Tavnazia(since the update) yet and no idea what that is like.

Anyone know some good camps?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-01-06 14:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Im going to do a solo tonight in dyna xarc on my THF, see what mobs and exp I can find.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-01-06 14:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

XP/Anniversary rings are your friends, and bring a corsair for Corsair's roll. oh and don't loose chain or kick the BRD puller. ring a bell lol?

Dyna Tav - stick to bombs and leeches.

Dyna Bubu - Stick to DC birds in the NE corner of the map

Dyna Valk - Stick to Treants in the NW side of the map.

Dyna Qufim - all the DC mobs kinda suck cause they are so grouped close to each other and near other DC beastman.
[+]
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-01-06 14:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

My ls and I grinded some demons after finishing up a 95 relic trial. The ones up near Ule zone were decent challenge. I believe all the ones up on the north side will be decent challenge to 99s. We got a good amount of someone's exp trial done there. Don't forget your EXP Bands!
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-01-06 14:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

There aren't really any good camps per se... just kill DC mobs until you finish. However, if you're soloing, you might want to kill the EP ones since you can kill them quicker. I'm not sure what would be easiest for a THF.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-01-06 14:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

That is some great information. I was wondering whether EXP bands would work in there.

I may have to get the Novennial ring out to play, and bring a Corsair with me :)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-01-06 17:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did a quick three man party in Xarc, got all the time extentions, then just stuck to farming at the zones on Easy Prey mobs.

I was getting 60-88 exp per mob, with Novennial ring on, so i finished the run getting roughly 4k from 2 hours.

At that rate, I could have it complete in 2-3 days, or even quicker if I can do what Paulu said, and have us fight DC mobs, with preferably 4-6 people.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2012-01-06 17:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I was able to get my Hands for WAR done in one run w/ a Novenial ring in Bubu on the DC birds. Me and a Spharai MNK both has a WHM dualbox outside of party.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-01-06 17:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats a good way to do it, sadly I cannot dualbox and don't have a Spharai mnk on hand, so it may take me a bit longer :P Good idea though.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-01-06 18:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Why didnt I think of that! I could just go in with THF/DNC, my evasion is high enough i could just stand there and beat the pet over and over again.

Do BSTs and DRG mobs also respawn their pets?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-01-06 18:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

But I am not a RDM, and am currently doing a THF hands trial, therefore it has to be done on THF.

On THF I would not have to sleep the mob, I could stand there and use whatever TP i got off the avatar to heal myself.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-01-06 18:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems like a plan though, I shall be trying out the pet strategy tomorrow when JP midnight comes around, thanks :)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-01-08 16:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

THF Hands +2 Trial solo

After starting the Assassion Armlets +2 trial I have tried different ways to gain exp in Dynamis for it.
First of all, I did a standard farming run, and only gained 2k or so in a single run, mobs only dropped 19-30 exp each.
Then i asked here and found out that EXP rings do indeed work in dynamis, as well as Corsair exp roll. Also I learned about pets giving lots of exp per kill, so I attempted this over the last two days.

I started to solo last night in Xarc, and hit a snag when I got to the last time extension, the eye did Blizzard V and I had no tp or finishing moves so Violent Flourish was not ready, I ended up dieing in the worst spot, I attempted to get up and was killed immediately.
This is just a warning to any THF trying to solo the eye TE, make sure you have TP and finishing moves for Violent Flourish.

Today I went back in, got all time extensions and the eye was no problem this time around, I went up onto the higher level to find Kindred Summoners.
This was a problem, the summoners are not so easy to pull without a link, and I wasted some time trying to get a Summoner on its own, there was no chance in soloing two DC kindreds on THF/DNC, I ended up giving up on this.

I believe that THF/DNC is not strong enough to solo DC Summoner pets over and over, I went back to the entrance and managed to pull an Easy Prey Summoner to the 1st Time Extension passageway.
It is possible to solo a Summoner here as long as you want, but you must beware of aggroing the statue behind you. Also if you can do it right, you can pull a Summoner to the entrance and have no need to worry.

An Easy prey Avatar gives you 110 exp per kill, with Novennial ring.

The main trouble with soloing these pets on THF, is making sure you keep your HP over 1k at all times, I noticed that Ifrit and Ramuh seem to have the most damaging TP moves, and I was almost killed several times because of them.
In between avatar kills sometimes I would not turn in time, and accidentally hit the Summoner, this is ok to do but if you take it under 50% it will do an Astral Flow as soon as the next Avatar is summoned.
Somehow I managed to survive Leviathans Tidal Wave, and kept going, however I got in trouble and was lowered to 9HP at one point, so I had to attack the Summoner itself to cure myself.

I would avoid using weapon skills unless your really certain you can do it, use your TP/Haste set while fighting the Avatar, then switch to Evasion/Haste setup while waiting for the Summoner to bring another Avatar out.
I managed to gain over 3k exp solo, using Novennial ring in roughly 1 hour and 30 mins, I wasted a good deal of time exploring and dieing, so I could probably come closer to 4k a run.

So this comes down to the question, is soloing pets more efficient then doing a regular farming run?
I would say it is definitely as efficient as a farming run, but if you can get a few people together, you would get just as much EXP and get forgotton items/currency.
Soloing DC avatars are best if your a RDM or BLM who can easily sleep the mob, and nuke the avatar, otherwise soloing pets on THF is not so good unless you can't find anyone to farm with.

Thanks for reading.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-01-10 19:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I recently got my THF Hands to +2, and immediately put on the trial so I can get the enhanced Perfect Dodge effect.

I did a run today with 5 other LS members, and we did Dynamis Lord and loads of other stuff, but throughout the run I only gained 2.2k experience.

Has anyone found some good safe camps which give a lot more EXP? Would be nice to get a list going of which mobs people tend to target for experience points.

Thanks for any help.

I haven't tried Xarc since I mostly living in dreamworld(I don't like beastmen 2hr) I usually duo DC nightmare mobs on COR with another THF in dreamworld, and only do JA mobs for currency/forgotten.

IMO TP rolls like misers/tactician is better than EXP roll, faster kill = more EXP and more gil.

Each DC mobs gives 90 EXP without EXP roll/band, and they die in 10 sec after proc. I often do darkness SC with THF, so they died in about 2 WS sometimes 3. And you can gain 100 TP after WS really quick with 2 TP rolls. Movement speed+ roll also helps while moving camp. If you don't have a WHM mule, getting a haste dagger from AH and build an evasion set helps alot.

I average about 240 coins+20 forgotten and 6k EXP without band/roll(I often forgot to put the trial piece on, so it's possible to get more) It is possible to get more EXP if pt just stay in same camp and keep killing same mob, but not much currency that way.

It is also possible to get more currency if doing EP mobs, but I'm not sure how good their EXP is, not to mention EP camp is usually full of competition(DC camp in valk is pretty bad as well). Forgotten items sells for 50~100k on my server,so that's nice income while doing trial.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2012-01-10 19:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Level Sync work for this?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-10 19:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's exp, so I don't see why not.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-01-10 19:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

DC fomors in Beaucedine Yield 120 exp per kill with 2 people~
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-01-10 19:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Zubis said: »
Yeah. I believe someone confirmed it shortly after the trials were released. (May have been confirmed on test server)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-01-13 00:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I did complete the Hands the other day, and the extra Perfect Dodge is just great :) Working on DRK body +2 next ^^b
 Fenrir.Surgator
Server: Fenrir
user: blade4
By Fenrir.Surgator 2012-01-13 00:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said: »
I tried a BST pet but I didnt keep the BST alive long enough to see. I couldnt 2 shot the BST pets so I went back to SMNs. I would assume they work the same way.

My nuke set is almost perfect btw so it will take 3 shots to kill an avatar if your nuke set is outdated.

Can you post your nuke set to see if i am near of what you have? my elemental magic isn't capped or near it but i have some good item for nuke set , i just wanna know if i have thing near of what it get to the top nuke lol!
By Fupafighters 2012-01-13 02:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
THF Hands +2 Trial solo

After starting the Assassion Armlets +2 trial I have tried different ways to gain exp in Dynamis for it.
First of all, I did a standard farming run, and only gained 2k or so in a single run, mobs only dropped 19-30 exp each.
Then i asked here and found out that EXP rings do indeed work in dynamis, as well as Corsair exp roll. Also I learned about pets giving lots of exp per kill, so I attempted this over the last two days.

I started to solo last night in Xarc, and hit a snag when I got to the last time extension, the eye did Blizzard V and I had no tp or finishing moves so Violent Flourish was not ready, I ended up dieing in the worst spot, I attempted to get up and was killed immediately.
This is just a warning to any THF trying to solo the eye TE, make sure you have TP and finishing moves for Violent Flourish.

Today I went back in, got all time extensions and the eye was no problem this time around, I went up onto the higher level to find Kindred Summoners.
This was a problem, the summoners are not so easy to pull without a link, and I wasted some time trying to get a Summoner on its own, there was no chance in soloing two DC kindreds on THF/DNC, I ended up giving up on this.

I believe that THF/DNC is not strong enough to solo DC Summoner pets over and over, I went back to the entrance and managed to pull an Easy Prey Summoner to the 1st Time Extension passageway.
It is possible to solo a Summoner here as long as you want, but you must beware of aggroing the statue behind you. Also if you can do it right, you can pull a Summoner to the entrance and have no need to worry.

An Easy prey Avatar gives you 110 exp per kill, with Novennial ring.

The main trouble with soloing these pets on THF, is making sure you keep your HP over 1k at all times, I noticed that Ifrit and Ramuh seem to have the most damaging TP moves, and I was almost killed several times because of them.
In between avatar kills sometimes I would not turn in time, and accidentally hit the Summoner, this is ok to do but if you take it under 50% it will do an Astral Flow as soon as the next Avatar is summoned.
Somehow I managed to survive Leviathans Tidal Wave, and kept going, however I got in trouble and was lowered to 9HP at one point, so I had to attack the Summoner itself to cure myself.

I would avoid using weapon skills unless your really certain you can do it, use your TP/Haste set while fighting the Avatar, then switch to Evasion/Haste setup while waiting for the Summoner to bring another Avatar out.
I managed to gain over 3k exp solo, using Novennial ring in roughly 1 hour and 30 mins, I wasted a good deal of time exploring and dieing, so I could probably come closer to 4k a run.

So this comes down to the question, is soloing pets more efficient then doing a regular farming run?
I would say it is definitely as efficient as a farming run, but if you can get a few people together, you would get just as much EXP and get forgotton items/currency.
Soloing DC avatars are best if your a RDM or BLM who can easily sleep the mob, and nuke the avatar, otherwise soloing pets on THF is not so good unless you can't find anyone to farm with.

Thanks for reading.
Or ya can just take your time and make gil while doing it lol... Doesn't need to be done in 1 run -.-
 Asura.Alkimi
Server: Asura
user: Alkimi
By Asura.Alkimi 2012-01-13 02:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Zubis said: »
Yeah. I believe someone confirmed it shortly after the trials were released. (May have been confirmed on test server)

Yeah if you can find a 95 to level sync to then you can EXP chain the tougher mobs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2012-01-13 02:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Get a decent duo partner and pick a zone:

All of these give 90 exp, 135 with Emperor Band.

Valkurm: Treants, Hippos, and Sheep on the west/northwest part of the map. (North of Valkurm Emperor)

Qufim: Bats, Triple Bats, Diremites near Jeuno zone.

Buburimu: Birds and Crabs on the northeast part of the map, beach/cliff areas.

Tavnazia: Leeches mixed with demons if there's another party in the opposite hallway. I do NOT suggest bombs, as they are brutal with self destruct and it's not a normal charge up time. 3305 damage with shell 5 and barfire at 10%. However, if you have a spot on BLU stunner, go for it.

I usually duo as THF and DNC. The last trial I did was Assassin's Bonnet in 2 runs and it was 10,000 exp barely each time. We never straight kill mobs, but instead proc then murder, so you can easily farm while doing this. Results may vary on job combos, but this'll give you an idea.
 Shiva.Kolossuss
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Kolossuss 2012-01-13 07:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question.

Going by the update notes when they were released, I was under the impression the only way to get the exp augments was in Dynamis - Xarcabard/Tavnazia. From reading this thread, I'm drawing the conclusion that either A) You can actually gain the exp in any dreamland Dynamis zone or Xarcabard, or B) Each piece of AF2+2 armor has a separate zone to earn the exp in.

Just curious.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-01-13 07:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The zone is based off of where the NQ armor can drop.