Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-12-31 17:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said: »
How are you losing 6mab?

Because if you're using Mittens you have to use AF3+2 legs/feet for set bonus, and you can get 6 MAB on those slots.
 Leviathan.Dadaluma
Server: Leviathan
user: Dadaluma
By Leviathan.Dadaluma 2012-01-02 08:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If he uses Schutzen mittens whit his actual QD setup then he will lose the actual +2 alignment set (hands + legs) to keep the stupid low proc "augments QD" so he will have to switch to navarch bottes +2 again and then lose the +6 MAB from his comm. bottes +2?
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-01-07 06:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently building a Last Stand(Voidwatch Set) set for COR. For magic resistant mobs.

But was concerned with racc(COR not having any native physical acc job traits), as well as fSTR2.

Was trying to find a balance of AGI STR and Rattk. the relic+2 set seems very nice because of the str and rattk. Any thoughts?

Head: Af3+2 vs Relic+2
Body: Athos vs Relic+2
Hands: Heafoc vs Alrunas
Legs: Ambushers vs Relic +2 vs Mirador
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-01-07 17:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
I'd like to see some numbers. I can't imagine that it will be good enough to beat Wildfire in the majority of situations, and the situations where it will be useful probably will not make it worth giving up another ws on another job that would be used far more frequently.

I did a Pil x8 run yesterday and tested it with /WAR on 5th~8th fight since I decided to change roll setup to Chaos+Misers roll for DDs to kill faster.
My atmacite is lv 15 coercion and lv 11 discipline.

This is the highest number popped, others in same fight are generally 2.2k, sometimes fall below 2k if I rolled bad number chaos roll or miss one hit.

I also wasn't very well prepared since it's my first time using it, I don't have Nguul dagger yet so using vulcan's(it's not bad on Pil anyways, still need QD dmg for the shield), and I forgot to ask Minuet from BRD(not sure if he used Minuet on me without being asked) It could also go a bit higher if more well prepared and a No.11 chaos.

Compare with WF dmg, my WF dmg with /RDM from 1st~4th run is about 1.6k~1.7k without fireshot and 1.9k with fireshot in same atmacite.

IMO, which WS is stronger/useful in VW is entirely depending on which NM you fight and how you do it. Last Stand requires A LOT of buffs and support, you NEED /WAR+chaos+berserk warcry+attack song and food+temps for it to pop good numbers. If you rolled a bad number chaos, berserk wore, temps not up, then you'd likely to see numbers dropped lower than WF. However if properly buffed, then you can see it pop higher number than WF depending on the NM(some NM WF can do 3k, I'd stick with WF then)

This WS also pulls some mad hate without enmity-.

WF IMO is more convenient, you don't need chaos, so even if in situations where pt had hard time getting proc and melees had sit back instead of full time meleeing, you can still give them regain roll and don't need to sacrifice a lot of dmg. If the fight somehow dragged more than 3 min, you won't lose dmg because of berserk wore. WF also has enmity-, and if somehow enmity become an issue and no temp up for a long time, you can switch to enmity- 50 set and still keep WSing but only lose 300 dmg, while Last Stand probably won't land at all if you WS in enmity- gears. Also Last stand need to /WAR, and it offers very little other utility besides WS dmg+, at least /RDM for WF offers more....extra QD dmg for shield, stoneskin and MDB and so on.

IMO besides certain NM with special magical or physical dmg cut forcing you to focus on one type of WS, Last stand is better in a zerg fight < 3 min, when melees full time engage the NM and benefits more from chaos, enmity not an issue, and you can keep berserk up full time. But too many variables to make it not work well.

Other wise WF is an easier and more convenient option. IMO if WF can hit 2k+ on that NM, just stick with WF, if it can't but pt cap light/zerg fast enough, then just use Last Stand /WAR + chaos roll.
By Pooki 2012-01-15 15:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Arcas said: »
Just started towards getting this WS up to 5/5 but I'm curious as to what would be a good build for Last Stand. I've started with stacking AGI, just looking for improvements.

Not ideal that's for sure, but this is just what I had on me to slap together, not a final product. Could use new earrings, and Alruna's Gloves would be an upgrade that comes to mind, sadly though there's never any on the AH.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I'd love to hear some.

Altdorf/Whilhelm's earrings maybe
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-01-16 04:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Pooki said: »
Fenrir.Arcas said: »
Just started towards getting this WS up to 5/5 but I'm curious as to what would be a good build for Last Stand. I've started with stacking AGI, just looking for improvements.

Not ideal that's for sure, but this is just what I had on me to slap together, not a final product. Could use new earrings, and Alruna's Gloves would be an upgrade that comes to mind, sadly though there's never any on the AH.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I'd love to hear some.

Altdorf/Whilhelm's earrings maybe

Also Uther's grip when you want dmg if fSTR2 uncapped.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-01-18 05:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Certainly a much stronger WS than WF on Qilin.....

I forgot to set save TP atmacite though ;/ started the fight with one atmacite ;/

WS frequency is garbage in that fight ;(

But I'm starting to love this WS more and more ;)
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-01-18 08:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Certainly a much stronger WS than WF on Qilin..... I forgot to set save TP atmacite though ;/ started the fight with one atmacite ;/ WS frequency is garbage in that fight ;( But I'm starting to love this WS more and more ;)

I maxed it and made a real set for it; it's certainly growing on me. I've yet to use it on ranger, as well, so there's a good possibility I'll like it even more in days to come.

It looks pretty badass too.~

Edit: The set I'm currently using:

Not sure how the AGI earring set will play out compared to TP bonus Moonshade + Clearview. Also not sure on Bellona's vs. second Stormsoul. Will need to play around.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wyuli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wyuli
By Quetzalcoatl.Wyuli 2012-01-26 14:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania, how did you get such a high number on Qilin? Did a run today, and I could barely break 2k (when the bard actually gave me double min)

My current set:

Blood hangs are augmented with +6 Marksmanship skill (only relevant augment)

Was using Coercion/Discipline atmacites.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-01-26 15:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Is light gorget the only sea/neck gorget alighned with it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-01-26 15:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wyuli said: »
Afania, how did you get such a high number on Qilin? Did a run today, and I could barely break 2k (when the bard actually gave me double min)

My current set:

Are you subbing WAR and have chaos roll on?(Chaos would benefit DD more in a Qilin zerg anyways)

Most of my gears are same thing as yours, except hand is Alruna, earring is clearview+WoTG earring(don't have that set earring with AGI+8 rattk+2) and back is Terebellum mantle. Food I used Pot-au-feu, /WAR, chaos roll, and double min from BRD too. Roll is chaos+misers, and popped temp. My atmacite was Coercion, forgot to set Discipline in that fight, but that would be my 2nd atmacite if I had 2 atmacite on.

Also are you WSing in sweet spot? At one point of time I'm too used to WF that I WS from farrrrr away, until I realized I need to adjust my pos for physical attacks, then I see dmg increase.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-01-26 15:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cuelebra said: »
It is!It is the only one I know of off the top of my head... I think fire as well.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-01-26 15:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gaspee said: »
It is!It is the only one I know of off the top of my head... I think fire as well.

BGwiki lists it as reverb/fusion

so was hoping possibly aqua.too >.>

EDIT: YES aqua works! as well as flame and light

BST: Ruinator
 Quetzalcoatl.Wyuli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wyuli
By Quetzalcoatl.Wyuli 2012-01-26 15:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

My current set:

Are you subbing WAR and have chaos roll on?(Chaos would benefit DD more in a Qilin zerg anyways)

Most of my gears are same thing as yours, except hand is Alruna, earring is clearview+WoTG earring(don't have that set earring with AGI+8 rattk+2) and back is Terebellum mantle. Food I used Pot-au-feu, /WAR, chaos roll, and double min from BRD too. Roll is chaos+misers, and popped temp. My atmacite was Coercion, forgot to set Discipline in that fight, but that would be my 2nd atmacite if I had 2 atmacite on.

Also are you WSing in sweet spot? At one point of time I'm too used to WF that I WS from farrrrr away, until I realized I need to adjust my pos for physical attacks, then I see dmg increase.

Forgot to mention, yeah I was /war, warzerk when possible, and standing 8.4 away (got the message for sweet spot from a /ra)

Had squid sushi from who knows how long ago on me, so I popped that. Will try Pot-Au-Feu next time, or curry buns perhaps. /shrug.

Orz, forgot I had the two set earrings. I'ma try those out.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-01-26 15:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My current set:

Forgot to mention, yeah I was /war, warzerk when possible, and standing 8.4 away (got the message for sweet spot from a /ra)

Had squid sushi from who knows how long ago on me, so I popped that. Will try Pot-Au-Feu next time, or curry buns perhaps. /shrug.

yah i was /war makes a big diff and so does pot-au-feu cor racc is just horrible. couldnt land with rcb on LancingBeetle. had to use pot-au-feu
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-01-27 10:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the earring pair going to beat out Clearview + Moonshade?

Or even a 3-4 AGI earring and Moonshade?

It occurs to me the TP bonus would be better, but ranged attack/weapon skill calculations don't always follow the same route as melee, so I'm not positive, but it occurs to me Moonshade w/ TP bonus would be better.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-01-27 17:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Is the earring pair going to beat out Clearview + Moonshade?

Or even a 3-4 AGI earring and Moonshade?

It occurs to me the TP bonus would be better, but ranged attack/weapon skill calculations don't always follow the same route as melee, so I'm not positive, but it occurs to me Moonshade w/ TP bonus would be better.

Wellll my moonshade is already augmented with regain ;(
So no TP bonus for me ;(
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-01-27 17:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think a Tp bonus/ratk Moonshade would be an awesome ear piece for this ws.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-01-27 21:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
I think a Tp bonus/ratk Moonshade would be an awesome ear piece for this ws.

Even I am not hardcore enough about ranged attacks to have ranged attack on my Moonshade. Attack +4/TP Bonus for me.

I am primarily a Samurai. Corsair is a very, very close second. And I actually play it more. But Samurai is my primary.

That said, I've always made the distinction as such: Corsair is a job that SE introduced that I enjoy playing.

I am I pirate no matter what job I play.

Hopefully someone else out there can identify with this mindset.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-01-27 22:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

My current set:

yah i was /war makes a big diff and so does pot-au-feu cor racc is just horrible. couldnt land with rcb on LancingBeetle. had to use pot-au-feu

Huge difference between the beetle and qilin lol. I wouldn't compare the two in terms of evasion. Cor should be able to use curry buns vs qilin with no issues. You have aggressor and stalwart's tonic. Should be dead within 3m anyway.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2012-01-27 22:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Aggressor is relevant....how?
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-01-31 09:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the set im using atm if mobs take crap damage from Wildfire anything i should upgrade?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-01-31 09:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Orichalcum bullets
Navarch's tricorne+2
An agi earring(unless you can do a ratk/tp bonus Moonshade)over the Volley.

The rest looks good enough.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-01-31 10:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
This is the set im using atm if mobs take crap damage from Wildfire anything i should upgrade?

I'd use your AF3+2/AF2+2 over AF1+1. Or if you have a ranged attack-oriented Anwig Salade, but I kow mine's setup for Wildfire.

Other than that, changes are all speculative from me.

I think TP bonus alone on the earring will beat out anything else, whether or not you've got ranged attack on it. But that's just my theory. No proof as of yet.

A second Stormsoul is probably better than TOAU ring/Bellona's? Not sure on that either though.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-01-31 10:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree on Moonshade. Tp bonus is certainly an awesome augment even without a matching stat to go along for this ws. I think stormsoul would also be a better choice, but that ratk+6 isn't bad anyway.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-01-31 10:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well already used Moonshade for refresh dont really wana change that and already have the second stormsoul from wildfire set so ill give that a try i guess.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-01-31 11:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
I agree on Moonshade. Tp bonus is certainly an awesome augment even without a matching stat to go along for this ws. I think stormsoul would also be a better choice, but that ratk+6 isn't bad anyway.

The different between AGI ring and r.attack/acc ring is probably minimal, but I am intersted in knowing, at least in theory, which maths out as a higher overall damage option. I have both Bellona's and Stormsoul, so would kinda like to see those results. But I suck with the whole game math/spreadsheet thing.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-01-31 11:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Well already used Moonshade for refresh dont really wana change that and already have the second stormsoul from wildfire set so ill give that a try i guess.

You may want to look into Altdorf's/Wilhelm's earrings combo.

AGI+8 r.acc/r.attack +1