Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » RNG.xml
RNG.xml
 Phoenix.Shiomi
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-11-22 07:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I've been losing my freaking mind trying to make one of these. Does anyone have one that does the following--

Swaps to pre-shot gear, then TP gear before shot goes off.
Locks AF+1 Hands and ASA Legs for Barrage.
A rule for checking if Seigan is up before using Thirdeye.

Any other cool tricks and tips would be great. I would really appreciate any help and pointers.

And I won't even bother posting the one I've been working on. It's garbage. :(
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-11-22 07:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Spoiler your xml, I might be able to add to yours (I don't have RNG).

Edit: There's a couple here.

http://wiki.windower.net/plugins/spellcast/userxml2.3
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-11-22 07:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said: »
Spoiler your xml, I might be able to add to yours (I don't have RNG).

Edit: There's a couple here.

http://wiki.windower.net/plugins/spellcast/userxml2.3

Yeah I'm actually using Gukai's as a base.

Kinda the start of one I saw off the official examples. The problem I'm having is that some times I use a bow, so I have to go in and change to delays on most of the stuff. Some times it doesn't change the gear from Snapshot > TP. I'm having a problem locking certain gear when I use Barrage. And for some reason when I am engaged and use Thirdeye it'll use Seigan, and then Thirdeye but an error comes up saying "Did not find engaged in Standard." but everything works it's just a weird thing.
 Asura.Vrytreya
Server: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-11-22 20:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine (by Motenten)
http://pastebin.com/CeSgfaS9

Features automatic ranged weapon detection (Bow, XBow, Gun in 1 XML without triggering anything)
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-11-22 22:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the only thing about that spellcast is that it's super confusing. Do you have one that has gear sets in it? Because I don't get the whole Dancing Chain thing.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-12-07 05:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still looking for a spellcast that's relatively simple, or have that one (by Motenten) explained a little.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-12-07 06:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

<if commandprefix="/range">
<action type="equip" when="midcast" set="TP"/>
</if>

I'm guessing that's the command you're looking for. I use a macro to set my idle gear. It's annoying, but it's more effective than using delays (since you can't account for rapid shot procs).

All you have to do is toss that under rules, and make a TP set.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-12-07 06:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe the Dancing Chains part of the xml is a way to force spellcast to keep actively parsing, to ensure you always have the proper gear sets on. It looks like it would automatically cast Dancing Chains whenever you rested, engaged, etc. The reason Dancing Chains is so often used, it is a spell in the games files, but one no job has access to use.
 Sylph.Siccmade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-12-07 06:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I used Gukai's Rng.xml as a base as well, spent hours personalizing it and I really have no complaints.

Ranged Attacks "lag" longer than any other JA so I do catch myself button mashing at times
and it tends to gearlock my animations.

Since you're looking for something simple, a quick Cut and Paste of sets between Bow/XBow/Gun
can be easily implemented.

Phoenix.Shiomi said: »
And for some reason when I am engaged and use Thirdeye it'll use Seigan, and then Thirdeye but an error comes up saying "Did not find engaged in Standard." but everything works it's just a weird thing.
That would be an error in your syntax, assuming you're using a 2 handed weapon when engaged/idle...
By oncura 2011-12-07 10:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i have an xml with sets for stuff like sidewinder to jishnu, tp, idle, eva haste e.t.c sets (dunno y), pre-shot and mid shot, only issue is no matter what i do it gives me an error now "Error reading line 66 - error reading attributes" and even when i tweak the line it just gives me an error somewhere else, i could give it tou you if u know how to fix such things.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-12-07 12:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Put it on Pastebin or put it on here (I recommend Spoiler and Code tags for that) and I'm sure someone can help out with it.
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-12-07 12:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Here was my very first RNG .xml. Very basic, just has WS/TP/Snapshot set and rule for switching out of snapshot gear.
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-12-07 19:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

/noob question

If you use a Snapshot set/pre-shot set and Rapid shot triggers will the STP gear from the RA set be put on in time, or do you lose that STP? I would assume it's just a luck/lag type of thing, but I figured I would ask first.
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-12-07 20:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Rapid shot is instant, so you will gain TP based on your Snapshot gear set.
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-12-07 20:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

As already mentioned, rapid shot is instant, so it's literally almost as bad as chainspell casting in your pre-cast set. (Sch af3+2 set makes me rage at times for this exact reason :(.)

It's best to usually just put on the majority of your STP/enmity- etc where you can't put Snapshot/Rapid shot, that way the firing in your snapshot/rapidshot set at the beginning of ranged attacks won't hinder your tp gain/damage as much should a rapid shot occur.

Simply making your Snapshot/rapidshot set have a baseset="whatever-your-shooting-set-is" should do the trick.
 Asura.Vrytreya
Server: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-12-07 20:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to stop this misconception.

Rapid shot IS NOT instant as you've thought. You need to account Snapshot delay cut first, after that Rapid Shot will cut that delay further up to 50%. Since max'd rapid shot from bow is about 1.5s, you'll see it as instant shot. But it isn't, the timer start ticking as soon as the "pulling the string" animation plays.

You can compare the Rapid Shot proc from normal longbow and the one from Loxley bow. On Loxley Bow, you'll quite often see firing animation finishes playing before the animation of pulling the string finishes. On the other hand, you won't see this occasion on normal longbow.

And as for when to gear what:
precast : Snapshot/Rapid Shot
midcast : StoreTP/Enmity-/Recycle

Phoenix.Shiomi said: »
I'm still looking for a spellcast that's relatively simple, or have that one (by Motenten) explained a little.
OK. I assume you're confused with the Dancing Chains thing in my XML.
It's basically trigger when you are engaged|idle|aftercast|resting.
Then what does Dancing Chains do ?
1. </cancelspell>, basically strip the spellcast default processing (doing precast, midcast, and aftercast) to precast only. Why? Not only it makes the spellcast execute more efficiently, you can also converge all those 4 situations processing into 1 block of code.
2. Recheck barrage activation
3. going back to your idle/running gear
4. stop processing further by doing </return>

This is to:
1. ensure after you finish shooting in enmity-/stp gear, you'll go back to your running/idle gear (or stp/snapshot gear, in my case),

2.and also deactivate barrage variable to normal if you perform normal shot when barrage activates (you need to have barrage variable active if you perform a WS, so that next time you perform normal shot, the spellcast will switch to barrage shooting gear, not normal ranged attack)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [337 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Alathar
Server: Carbuncle
user: Alathar
By Carbuncle.Alathar 2012-11-08 21:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vrytreya said: »
Mine (by Motenten)
http://pastebin.com/CeSgfaS9

Features automatic ranged weapon detection (Bow, XBow, Gun in 1 XML without triggering anything)

Sorry for the necro, but I'm new to spellcast and I'm using the xml in the above ... added in some sets. It seems like the command to shoot (I use the default ctrl + D) works once and then stops working. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I think I can work around it by making a shoot macro (e.g. ctrl + 1) but I'd rather correct the code if that's something that can be done
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2012-11-15 15:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

little different question.. didn't wana make a new thread, but could anyone tell me the a good /wait for snapshot gear >> ranged attack?
trying to make a macro, I put a wait 1, think it's working but just wana be sure. Thanks!
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-11-15 15:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

wait 1 is enough. in my spellcast i have delay 1.0 for midcast swap. i had it on 0.5 before and it wouldn't swap half the time, xbow shoots too fast!
[+]
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2012-11-15 16:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmmk, as it's setup now;

/equip snapshot gear

/ra <t>

/wait 1

/equip tp gear